COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

1 minute ago, Spring said:

Well the authorities know that almost all religious activities have continued included Christian masses, Muslim prayers on Fridays etc and they have not done anything as far as I know. Maybe u can help write to all the religious heads to remind them and also tell them that they should be shamed publicly if they cannot follow advice.

As for me, this is treading on sensitive ground as religious activities are sacred to followers. I don't have a solution so I just posted thinking aloud that this is a potential minefield. I'm not so outspoken as you are but fair enough for u to speak your mind.

In a time of crisis, all religious leaders has society responsibility beyond their religion.

If they don't realise it, maybe they should be reminded about it.

↡ Advertisement

Supercharged
2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

In fact, he was quarantined for 21 days.  Sample was taken in the morning.  Result was known in the afternoon.

yes.. though i understand the agony of being on such long quarantine.. but just that few more hours more.. 

i may appear to be nitpicking on this.. thats because i feel such lapse are a sign of complacency of the whole matter.. 

2 minutes ago, Knoobie said:

just ban and impose fine! the singapore way!

Time and time again.

Ban and fine produces law abiding citizen.

Ban and fine DOES NOT produces social conscious citizen.

There are too many examples of it in MCF.

Needle don't poke your hand, you will not feel the pain.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Just now, Knoobie said:

yes.. though i understand the agony of being on such long quarantine.. but just that few more hours more.. 

i may appear to be nitpicking on this.. thats because i feel such lapse are a sign of complacency of the whole matter.. 

Without knowing the detail of the whole thing, i will not come to any conclusion.

• Praise 1

16 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

In a time of crisis, all religious leaders has society responsibility beyond their religion.

If they don't realise it, maybe they should be reminded about it.

If there is no fear, where is there a crisis for common folk?

Edited by pi3142
add common folk

3 minutes ago, pi3142 said:

If there is no fear, where is there a crisis for common folk?

The person sitting next to you NOW

could be infected with COVID19

2 hours ago, Voodooman said:

Why must fly to Wuhan to prove it?  

Washing hands and wearing masks confirmed will reduce risk of infection. 

Health experts are singing the song that if you are healthy, you don’t need to wear mask as there are just not enough to go round. They are looking at it from the perspective of the society, need to protect healthcare frontliners first. If you look at it from the individual healthcare angle, I have no doubt that wearing proper mask will minimise (but not totally eliminate) the risk of infection. 

Don’t understand all these arguments going to and fro. 

you need to learn to look at the lighter side of things

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-09/top-virus-doctor-says-high-blood-pressure-is-major-death-risk

• Haha! 5

28 minutes ago, Spring said:

As for me, this is treading on sensitive ground as religious activities are sacred to followers. I don't have a solution so I just posted thinking aloud that this is a potential minefield. I'm not so outspoken as you are but fair enough for u to speak your mind.

The pope is already giving sermon by video link to avoid creating crowds outside the Vatican.

Sorry, if it's good enough for the head of the church then...……….!

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Knoobie said:

Doesn't seems to clarify anything unless i'm missing something.. 

I would think the message is that this is not a case of re-infection that would make many shit in their pants.

12 hours ago, Windwaver said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/free-entry-public-swimming-pools-gyms-singaporeans-senior-age-65-12508528

Free entry to public swimming pools and gyms for Singaporeans aged 65 and above

SINGAPORE: Singaporeans aged 65 and above will be able to use all ActiveSG swimming pools and gyms for free from next month, it was announced on Friday (Mar 6).

"Not forgetting those who are less youthful, we will ensure everyone has opportunities to lead full and active lives," said Minister for Culture, Community and Youth Grace Fu in her Committee of Supply speech.

Different ministries have their own agenda??? :dizzy:

Paging bro @BanCoe...Merdeka...😁

• Haha! 2

6 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

3EA20F3D-DC60-4001-BACD-7DC3B4F6D297.jpeg

This CV is worse than a divorce. You loose half you shares value and your wife is still with you...🤣

• Haha! 2

26 minutes ago, bsswan said:

The pope is already giving sermon by video link to avoid creating crowds outside the Vatican.

Sorry, if it's good enough for the head of the church then...……….!

Yesterday morning i heard at radio, pop asking other priests to meet sick people and go shoulder to shoulder with medical staff.

Pope Francis tells priests to go out and meet the virus sick

https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1239854/pope-francis-tells-priests-to-go-out-and-meet-the-virus-sick

• Praise 1

Supercharged
2 hours ago, Tohto said:

This group of people is very defensive. Once I ask an elderly not to smoke at the PCN. The immediate response from him is yelling at me who am I to ask him to stop smoking there. 

Years ago, was at the bus stop with my 7 y.o. when we noticed an uncle smoking next to the bus stop. Looked like an old beng.

My boy walked up to him and pointed at his cigarette and said "Uncle, cannot smoke here".

I was stunned! The uncle was stunned too!

But I was damn proud of my boy .. ha ha .. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

2 hours ago, Tohto said:

This group of people is very defensive. Once I ask an elderly not to smoke at the PCN. The immediate response from him is yelling at me who am I to ask him to stop smoking there. 

Yeah, experienced that too so I no choice took a picture and sent to NParks. My case (that fellow smoking in park) happened to be a sub-contractor for cleaning the park, so I also sent it to the company.

Good luck to him.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1