COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

Make this rule.

Everyone flying into Singapore must be tested for the virus.

If have the virus cannot even board the plane let alone land at Changi.

:grin:

And good looking young ladies cleared of all diseases

most welcome to come here. Let them save our tourism

industry.

Edited by Jamesc
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, PSP415 said:

Thought say liao all imported or foreigners here from 7th March pay own bills? 

Got news article here somewhere. Sorli me not IL6, so cannot tell u which page to read.🤪🙏

Take care 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

More concerned about overwhelming our medical resources, not about the money.

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

From MOM

E83E1957-131E-4BA0-A92D-4038E52E011C.jpeg

Yes, that says what I said. Employers given full latitude. They can give it as additional paid leave, force the employee to take annual leave, force employee to take sick leave, or even no pay leave. It's all there. 

Generally gahmen employees will be treated the best. Private employees may be subject to any of the alternatives.

We need to save our Tourism industry.

I have a plan.

We welcome all disease free good looking young ladies.

They stay our hotels, eat in our restaurants and have sassy sassy massage at my place.

If they don't come I have no income. Who will feed my kids?

:grin:

Its men with diseases that we don't want to come here.

Edited by Jamesc

Turbocharged
10 minutes ago, Solar said:

There are 2 sources for medical. I think u concern about public medical resources. That I totally agree. 

the private medical resources quite empty now. Demand vs supply. 

now with this “show your health declaration” for short term visa for ASEAN visitors.. this demand can’t access the supply. 

• Praise 1

Hindsight is 20/20. The what ifs... 

If in early Feb Xi had ordered a total lock down

SG had closed the country..

If I had bought the winning number ...

It's easy for keyboard warriors to say this..

Well, life isn't like that.. keep calm, keep clean and carry on..

• Praise 5

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, therock said:

Hindsight is 20/20. The what ifs... 

If in early Feb Xi had ordered a total lock down

SG had closed the country..

If I had bought the winning number ...

It's easy for keyboard warriors to say this..

Well, life isn't like that.. keep calm, keep clean and carry on..

Next TOTO can gib number?

19 minutes ago, Solar said:

Obviously but there are also some here more concerned who pays. Who is paying????? Who is using my tax dollars this way???? Who????? 😂😂

U know who lah....the idiots calling me IB all the time🤪😤😂😂

Medical resources?  Beds, equipment, doctors/nurses and related support personnel. 

Like masks, sanitizers and toilet rolls out of stock, let there be an advisory that ALL health related cases of non Citizens from overseas will be shown the door upon arrival regardless private jet or commercial planes.

Its either u die or we die. We choose u die.🙏

Workable? 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 3

11 minutes ago, therock said:

UK style management 

B5CD1004-91CC-4F88-979F-4086043A1B55.jpeg

It may or may not work.. Only time will tell.. Coz this virus can recover by resting at home one.. It is those elderly and or those with underlying medical conditions that are the one that is more of a concern.. 

So let's wait at see whether UK style of handling this virus work or not.. Lawrence Wong said about UK is the part where it does not work out well.. What if it work out quite well actually? 

• Praise 1

It won't. Their hospitals will not be able to cope with the numbers. 

Those who know frens or family in UK, pls ask them go register with mfa and wait for updates. 

• Praise 3

37 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

It may or may not work.. Only time will tell.. Coz this virus can recover by resting at home one.. It is those elderly and or those with underlying medical conditions that are the one that is more of a concern.. 

So let's wait at see whether UK style of handling this virus work or not.. Lawrence Wong said about UK is the part where it does not work out well.. What if it work out quite well actually? 

The problem with this approach is that many are asymptomatic. 

Singapore has been rather successful in limiting a spike in cases because it tests and follows up with those who have been in contact with confirmed cases. This has lead to many being quarantined and detected early before the next spread is possible.

If we had chosen the approach uk is choosing right now, there would certainly be more confirmed cases as super-spreaders may have unwittingly passed the virus to many who are asymptomatic. We would be looking at figures way higher than what we have right now and our hospitals wouldn't be able to cope. 

What uk is doing would also not inspire much confidence in their leaders and healthcare systems. At least I have faith in our system here and our ministries are leading the fight against the virus and not being led by it, which seems to be the case in uk.

My 2c here is that we should continue our monitoring efforts to allow early detection and inception, with some degree of influx control.. so that we have manageable numbers at the hospitals for those who really need it. At the same time, we should all take individual responsibility, stay at home if sick n help others if we are well.

It's a fine balance that we are riding on right now and the government is continuously adjusting their stance depending on the severity of cases e.g. more deaths = more extreme measures, no deaths so far=no need for extreme measures like a lockdown yet. 

People still have to eat and a lockdown may cause chaos in the form of panic buying again.. are we sure we wish to see this? I saw that some have called for a lockdown but that is too extreme an exercise to carry out at such time, especially when you don't know how long this would last and honestly, should we do so when the mortality rate due to covid19 here remains very low at such time? 

The measures taken are already hitting many of us hard enough already and anything too draconian would see a lot more blood on the streets, more so than covid19. 

Stay safe everyone.. it may be a bad time for singapore but a good time for us to band together. We would live to have a story to tell our descendants and it better be a good one. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
40 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

It won't. Their hospitals will not be able to cope with the numbers. 

Those who know frens or family in UK, pls ask them go register with mfa and wait for updates. 

SG method may contain and treat. But what it means we don’t have immunity as a community. After all 80% experience mild symptoms. And until a vaccine comes along..those that have not got it will face the risk from flare ups be it imported or local transmission. Don’t forget we get older every year and may have higher risk of complications.

having said that besides all the hand washing , get your flu jab. N maybe pneumonia jab.. 

Hopefully we don’t have to be in a lockdown. Some of us still need to put food on the table. 

• Praise 4

Total number of Coronavirus case as at 0141 hrs on 16/03/2020 (SG time) - 167,517. Total Number of death - 6455

Total number of coronavirus case in China: 80,849. Total number of death in China - 3199

Total number of Case outside China:167517 - 80849 = 86,668. Total number of death outside China: 6455 - 3199 = 3256

3590 new cases and 368 new deaths in Italy.

232 new cases and 14 new deaths in the United Kingdom. "Getting through this is going to be a national effort. Every single person in this country is going to be affected" said UK's Health Secretary Matt Hancock, adding that soon every Briton over the age of 70 will be asked to remain at home for up to 4 months and have groceries and vital medication delivered. Wartime-like measures will ask carmakers to produce medical equipment and turn hotels into hospitals

1196 new cases and 2 new deaths in Germany

Screenshot 2020-03-16 at 1.41.18 AM.png

Screenshot 2020-03-16 at 1.41.44 AM.png

Edited by Civic2000
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Philipkee said:

Actually I think they are starting to move in that direction.  Refuse entry to those ill. 

How will it be implemented is another story.  It may reach a stage where people entering Singapore need a doctor cert saying free of covid-19.   Not merely a declaration. 

Problem is...i think that doktors letter or certificate should be easily procured or 'bought' in indonesia........meaning the influx of indons will stil continue unchecked..

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 1