COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

2 hours ago, yishunite said:

The mask issue i feel is mainly about their worry regarding sufficient stock. I.e. to cover up that they failed to have sufficient stockpile they need to change ppls behaviour and discourage usage. Its not about best practice but abt making the best of the bad situation we are now in and which they never plan properly for 

In terms of emergency response and systems in place they are good. But in terms of stockpiling and reserves they were caught out. So have to discourage usage owing to someone who made nice systems (cheapest part of response planning) but refuse to cough up money for stockpile (the costly part of response planning)... always comes down to dollar and sense then when too late try to throw money at the problem

That Lam Pin Min posting the pic of a warehouse full of masks to "assure" the general public that we have enough masks was the most stupid thing to do and spectacularly backfired. Totally unnecessary to do this.

Common sense would have told them that there would be a rush for masks with many hoarding. Don't need a rocket scientist to figure that out.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Philipkee said:

That's why sometimes I think the ministers are not in touch with the ground.  They are factually correct but this doesnt mean their advice is therefore relevant on the ground.

Scholar trait la...

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Think about all the logistical issue before writing.

Why do Singapore 2nd Wuhan evac flight is so many days after the 1st flight?

?? I think the singapore evac flight is a totally different scenario. For one, no point having a 2nd flight so close to the 1st flight which was not even full. 

I never said it will be easy by I think Japan can do it in a few days if they decide to do it. They not like us, I think they have emergency shelters for LARGE disasters for almost EVERYONE. I am pretty sure quarantining 3k people is not beyond their ability. 

It is more of a political will... at the end of the day. Most people are short-sighted... wonder what happens when 2 weeks is up. 

2 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Yes, I was in Hangzhou 2 yrs ago. The street was so clean, car giving way to pedestrians.  

When I use cash to make payment, I look like an alien. 

I think u see all the nice stuff. For sure they have moved ahead of us alot, but their slum is really jin slum. 

• Sad 1
  • Haha! 2

I truly believe that gahmen has sufficient stock or prob more den enough for us all. It's just not the time to use it yet. 

If chut all now, by the time really need, all gone like hkg liao. Pap wan shui! 

• Haha! 3

11 minutes ago, Spring said:

Not all organisations can work from home and not a simple case of switching on a button.

In most biz, HC more or less is freeze. This already put strain on existing team.

If 1 member Kenna quarantine, it will make the situation worst.

It’s always good to prepare for the worst

• Praise 2

5 minutes ago, Spring said:

That Lam Pin Min posting the pic of a warehouse full of masks to "assure" the general public that we have enough masks was the most stupid thing to do and spectacularly backfired. Totally unnecessary to do this.

Common sense would have told them that there would be a rush for masks with many hoarding. Don't need a rocket scientist to figure that out.

He should clarify that those masks that you saw is for emergency use and not for retails use? Lol.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

In most biz, HC more or less is freeze. This already put strain on existing team.

If 1 member Kenna quarantine, it will make the situation worst.

It’s always good to prepare for the worst

Only geylang cannot prepare.

• Haha! 3

12 minutes ago, Tohto said:

For many that had not visited China for the last 5 yrs or completely refuse to visit, they have no ideas that how far their 1st tier city had move ahead if us.

For this virus saga,  all the peoples I know there are bonding togethers. Staying in the house. Fighting the virus together.  

Here only ugly image of fighting for food in supermarkets,  we are the new 3rd world country.

I never visit China for many years but I travel a lot every year.

I still believe truly Singapore is a good place to live. 

I thought our response as a community is pretty good. The supermarket rush lasted for only a weekend? 

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, Wind30 said:

I thought our response as a community is pretty good. The supermarket rush lasted for only a weekend? 

Confirm pap wan shui! 

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Only geylang cannot prepare.

They tried work from hdb hor... but people complained.. maybe now people will be more understanding 😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

6 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

I think u see all the nice stuff. For sure they have moved ahead of us alot, but their slum is really jin slum. 

Hahaha, like my trip to Yun Nan Shangrila, the toilet on the street ... almost faint... due to sight and smell ....

5 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

And this image had spread around the world. 

My colleagues currently in Germany office. And our German colleague shows him the photo. :we-all-gonna-die:

• Haha! 1

58 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

I think it is because before this virus outbreak.. You did not took notice of these people.. Now with virus outbreak.. You start to be more cautious and took notice even slightest cough.. So naturally you will start to notice more of these.. 

Agree that I took extra notice of such behaviour now but I have noticed these behaviour even before this episode. I will usually bring to my children’s attention of what not to do. 

Edited by Silver_blade
  • Praise 1

2 hours ago, steveluv said:

The company, owned by British-American giant Carnival, also said it will not charge for any expenses incurred after the cruise officially ended Feb. 4, and it will offer a credit for future cruises equal to the original fare paid.

haha ... like they have a choice? lol

Edited by Wt_know
  • Haha! 2

12 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

I never go to the supermarket yesterday, so dont know if the shelves still empty from the mad rush over the weekend? But when i was at supermarket on sun, the shelves still empty. Lol.

21 hours ago, Tohto said:

All the talk about frequent washing hand.

But how about our handphone. Many forget.

Hand dirty, touch the phone.

Go wash hand, already clean. But touch the dirty phone again. Then touch face.

Soak hand phone in curry?🤣

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 3