COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

2 hours ago, Philipkee said:

True.  But the problem is when unhealthy people dont mask up.

That's why sometimes I think the ministers are not in touch with the ground.  They are factually correct but this doesnt mean their advice is therefore relevant on the ground.

well, not wearing a mask when sick is not a crime, it is personal social and hygiene responsibilities.

The Gov can only educate and advice, unless you want them to pass a rule that those who doesnt wear a mask when sick will be fine $200 and given 12 demerit points? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

But of course knowing singaporeans and the inflow of new ah tiongs, making into a law will be the most effective and fastest way to get things done.[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Oh yah one thing, pls stop giving me that "shock face", why are you so shock with all my posts and replies? But then I think you give shock faces to everyone? :huh:

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 6

1 hour ago, Neutrino said:

You are so right.

I spend a few months in UK every year and it is much cleaner and less litter than here.  This is something I would never have believed would be the case.

I'm not using gym atm so morning brisk walk of two hours everyday can see so much litter and walking below HDB blocks every time it's the same column of flats which have litter on the ground floor.

Anyone know is smoking on emergency staircase in HDB allowed,

In my block there is no smoking notice on floor 40 but nowhere else and can see so many cigarette ends and empty cigarette boxes up and down the stairs.

it is an offence to smoke at emergency staircase, I think the fine is $200. 

Call NEA, they will be more than happy to set up a trap there. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

well, not wearing a mask when sick is not a crime, it is personal social and hygiene responsibilities.

The Gov can only educate and advice, unless you want them to pass a rule that those who doesnt wear a mask when sick will be fine $200 and given 12 demerit points? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

But of course knowing singaporeans and the inflow of new ah tiongs, making into a law will be the most effective and fastest way to get things done.[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Oh yah one thing, pls stop giving me that "shock face", why are you so shock with all my posts and replies? But then I think you give shock faces to everyone? :huh:

Maybe he think it’s shiok face

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

20 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Today I already start working home base. 

Department already work in 2 groups, rotated weekly between office and home

My wife and half of her team are working in alternate site.

The other half work in existing office 

1 hour ago, Soya said:

You'll be surprised. The dickhead I saw leaving cold stuff behind wasn't an old uneducated unker but looked like someone in his 30s

MOE realli wasted their education on these ppl...

ah tiong??? :huh:[laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 1

21 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Today I already start working home base. 

Department already work in 2 groups, rotated weekly between office and home

like that rotate got use meh? if group A got people compromised, group B go back office will kena or not?

Internal Moderator
3 hours ago, 13177 said:

Not edible stuff even expired liao still can use la. I have one bottle of dettol disinfectant spray already expired 2 years ago and yet i am still using it now. Lol.

Haha, I not particular one. I am using a bonjela ulcer cream that is already expired since 2019.

What doesn't kill me will makes me stronger. 😎

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

My wife and half of her team are working in alternate site.

The other half work in existing office 

Yah one of my friend who is working at the bank also. he say he is currently sitting at others' ppl table at another office. They separated the team just in case shit happens.

4 hours ago, Soya said:

In  major crisis, every gahmen has the right to stop shipments of essential items

Manufacturing masks n stuff not exactly rocket science n need big land, big factory, big labour force to produce. Any old JTC factory at Jurong can probably do the job

Just as we do not want to impose ourselves on other people, we should not impose ourselves by other people. If there is a necessity for our own country/communities, we should first depend on ourselves. Mask making isn't like building an electric car or building a rocket. I believe that with companies such as 3M factory based in Singapore, we can produce/manufacture our own quite easily and of respectable quality and standard. 

If cost is an issue, then we will produce more masks in a given time - compensating with speed in order to remain profitable. Extra surplus of mask can then be export to neighbouring region.

I do not see why we need to depend on others to supply to us, neither do I see why others are oblige to supply materials (medical materials such as face mask) to us. If we do not have sufficient supply of mask, then we will make do with a reduction in the number of people this country have to support (of course this would come later). The simple fact is, if you do not have necessary infrastructure + supplies, plus a amount of safe margin for emergency scenario - you do not assume that you will want to/can command a higher population headcount.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
27 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

wah ... Y I S H U N ... so hiong ar ... [laugh]

the pricing still want to rhyme with huat ah!

2020-02-11_140029.jpg

I rather buy tyres for a car than mask if that's the case.

• Haha! 1

56 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Hahaha, like my trip to Yun Nan Shangrila, the toilet on the street ... almost faint... due to sight and smell ....

In China, the biggest problem is still toilet.

It has not improved much since my 1st visit in 1997.

Anyone got more updates on the Bangala that tested positive. Who and where he got this possibly. If he got it at Mustafa, siow liao.....

• Praise 1

I don't want to paint broad strokes with one brush. But being a hdb dweller and after I gotten a dog who likes to sniff here sniff there for her fellow dog scents, I really notice how many cigarette ends are just thrown on the grass patches beside pedestrian crossings. 

The numbers are just staggering. Before the cleaners come, there can be sometimes easily 50-60 at least on one junction. U get them in middle of corridors also where they smoke outside instead of in their home. 

So I have to say many smokers are damn inconsiderate people. 

The only place that smokers behave to some degree is in saf camps. 

• Praise 8
  • Haha! 3

4 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Anyone got more updates on the Bangala that tested positive. Who and where he got this possibly. If he got it at Mustafa, siow liao.....

There are about 7 confirmed cases without known sources (incl Bangla).

No update yet

• Shocked 1

10 minutes ago, Knoobie said:

like that rotate got use meh? if group A got people compromised, group B go back office will kena or not?

We won't be seeing each other between 2 groups. All have own desk, good thing our office and desk are always keep very clean due to 5S requirement.

↡ Advertisement