COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

7 minutes ago, Arogab said:

My US customer told me, compare to the huge hurricane and the H1N1 cases this is well controlled 🤣

I don't think Influenza A has such a wide spread around the world.  Influenza A is an annual event anyway.

Current event can be handled better since China has been updating US since Jan 3.

Did you ask your customer whether American accept Wuhan lockdown?😂

↡ Advertisement

20 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

KNN cough just go buy cough medicine lah, fever take panadol tio ok liao what...

Last time ah gong ah ma all like this what...[:p][laugh][laugh]

Ah Kong, Ah Ma time where got panadol ....

Ah Kong, Ah Ma times was boiled old ginger water and drink it hot. Five minutes later, sweat comes out ok already...  :yeah-im-not-drunk:

• Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, noobcarbuyer said:

Screenshot_20200212-220331_Chrome.thumb.jpg.360ff5e991dbb1fe597ff5bcf8f59ed8.jpg

Do not leave home without protection. 

That day I arrive and send those mask to my good friend, he also use the disposable mask when getting in and out of KFC to buy the takeaway. These good practices can adopt if we got more cases

• Praise 1

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I don't think Influenza A has such a wide spread around the world.  Influenza A is an annual event anyway.

Current event can be handled better since China has been updating US since Jan 3.

Did you ask your customer whether American accept Wuhan lockdown?😂

They accept lah, we were conference calling and he say during a huge hurricane in 2005 somewhere in US, many people got into a stadium which is only place to hide, shit and urine were everywhere 

• Praise 1

Good thing back when SARS dont have the day to day report on who caught the virus and who died and all those details. Ignorance is bliss. Now with so much knowledge/falsehoods and information flying around ppl no doubt will get worried. Some will even think the surgical mask is virus-proof. "Having some kinda protection is better than none" mindset. These are precisely what makes ppl paranoid, selfish and kiasee. All day think of where to hoard more masks. Thinking of how to get gahment to make more mask at no profit. LoL...

When I read their comments I really see them as cowardly, kiasee individuals. Although they are entitled to have their share of fear and opinion I can't help but feel they are ignorant...and they dont read and have some kind of intelligent judgement. They are just driven by fear. Sad lah.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

8 minutes ago, Inlinefour said:

bo lah my wuhan syt told me one lah

me also kay poh wanna know mah

actually the milf looks pretty too :inlove:

you think should pay her a visit or not huh [sly]

She recovered so now she got the anti bodies right?

Maybe pay her a visit for medical reason to get transfer the anti bodies

so next time immune to Wuhan virus too.

:grin:

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

22 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

A few possibility.

1)  we know how SARS turned out.  So looking  back we can feel it was not too bad.  During SARS itself it wasnt all in control.  In the initial stages. 

2)  social media.  We dont have people screaming it's the end of the world day in day out. 

3)  someone told me the mayan calendar was misinterpreted.  The end of world is NOT 2012 BUT 2021.

4)  and of cos maybe u old liao.  Think of mortality.

For SARS, it was lethal, but not very infectious. Temperature screening started very early, no issue getting mask though.  I have never felt like there is a chance the virus could be anywhere near. I think the authorities at that time did a fantastic job in controlling the situation

And no, nothing to do with social media because I don't read or use social media. Till today, I have no idea how "tag" works in FB.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

She recovered so now she got the anti bodies right?

Maybe pay her a visit for medical reason to get transfer the anti bodies

so next time immune to Wuhan virus too.

:grin:

permission to continue Sir 😍😍😍

• Haha! 2

20 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

A few possibility.

1)  we know how SARS turned out.  So looking  back we can feel it was not too bad.  During SARS itself it wasnt all in control.  In the initial stages. 

2)  social media.  We dont have people screaming it's the end of the world day in day out. 

3)  someone told me the mayan calendar was misinterpreted.  The end of world is NOT 2012 BUT 2021.

Totally agree.

I was a young working adult during SARS, so maybe thats why I can remember things clearly, unlike those who were babies then.

During SARS, there was a lot more uncertainty and deaths in SG was coming quick and fast, esp of medical staff. Govt also first time kena, so was learning along the way.

This is why I am explicitly telling off (and I expect lots of push-back and scoldings) those spiders here who are spreading panic and all the dooms-day tales in this current situation.

• Praise 3
  • Shocked 1

31 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

A few possibility.

maya calendar end of the world is 2012 but delayed 

Edited by hongquan94
  • Shocked 1

For those keep on asking govt to set up mask factory

https://www.hk01.com/社會新聞/433332/武漢肺炎-港商訂越南口罩機遭高價搶走退訂-港產口罩受挫

【武漢肺炎】港商訂越南口罩機遭高價搶走退訂 港產口罩受挫

由新型冠狀病毒引致的武漢肺炎疫情肆虐,全球多地出現口罩搶購潮。多名本地商人都透露有意在港設立口罩生產線,惟《香港01》接獲消息指,口罩生產機亦成各地商家爭奪目標,有本港商家原已付訂金,計劃從越南引入口罩機,在港生產口罩,未料卻突然遭其他地方的商人以高價「搶機」,令本港商家需另覓口罩機源,包括考慮「降呢」改購半自動化機器,原定最快下月可投產的港製口罩,將延期至最快4月才能應市,而每日生產數量亦會減半至約十萬個。

香港陳記食品集團董事陳勇前早前向《香港01》透露,為本地商人與港府牽線,將從越南購入機器,在港成立口罩生產線,料最快3月可投入生產,日產20萬個口罩。然而,有消息指,口罩機成不少商家的新爭奪目標,即使已落訂亦未必成事。

陳勇前直言,有本地商家購入口罩機出現阻滯。即使已向越南商家談好合作條件,並「落訂」買機器,越南廠家亦承諾會派員來港協助裝嵌及設立自動生產線,未料口罩機相當搶手,廠家寧願「退訂」亦不願將口罩機輸港。

陳勇前指,幸內地與口罩相關工廠本周起漸漸復工,原材料有望出口,「開工後物料應該不缺,只是原材料價格可能較貴,但預期整體成本不會因此有大升幅」,故一眾商家經商討後,決定另覓口罩機來源,「若找到有出口權的內地原材廠願意供貨,港府說可協助與內地協調,料問題不大。」

他透露暫時團隊已派員親自尋找機源,不再「隔山買牛」,連半自動化口罩機亦會考慮,初步已有心儀廠家;為加快進度,團隊已同步設計好口罩盒圖樣、擬定工廠選址及裝修事宜,當與口罩原材料廠家敲定合作後,數天內可完成裝修工程,確保合乎政府對口罩的衛生要求。初步估算,口罩投產日須延遲約一個月,至最快今年4月初才可面世,而日產口罩量亦要減半。

另外,陳勇前透露,政府重視口罩供應問題,據知生產力促進局正努力拉攏有生產口罩人脈及資源的公司合作,希望促成「資源共享」,盡快在港生產口罩。

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Ah Kong, Ah Ma time where got panadol ....

Ah Kong, Ah Ma times was boiled old ginger water and drink it hot. Five minutes later, sweat comes out ok already...  :yeah-im-not-drunk:

yah yah, I remember my ah gong time, right until my dad time when I was a very young boy, if sick is usually buy that "外感散" drink with hot boiling water, or boil old ginger water with brown sugar.

Drink liao, collect all the blankets, cover a few layers until sweat come out then next day ok liao...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

15 minutes ago, Icedbs said:

For SARS, it was lethal, but not very infectious. Temperature screening started very early, no issue getting mask though.  I have never felt like there is a chance the virus could be anywhere near. I think the authorities at that time did a fantastic job in controlling the situation

And no, nothing to do with social media because I don't read or use social media. Till today, I have no idea how "tag" works in FB.

If I can remember correctly, we were first time hit with something like that. I also remember I finish up the emergency button job at TTSH A&E then next day they declare emergency .

For all the learning put together, it was what we have today. That's why our PM keep saying we are well prepared. But we probably underestimate it could spread so easily. Do whatever we need to and we will prevail. 

Just like what I see below our office, they were even spraying anti-virus fumes like killing mosquitoes.  I feel safe

9 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Today I ask our Mexico counter parts to see if they can supply more masks as our Chinese suppliers wanna but as a group. But they say their production stopped cos no more materials supply from China. So just allow sometime for the supply to ram up lah

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Today I ask our Mexico counter parts to see if they can supply more masks as our Chinese suppliers wanna but as a group. But they say their production stopped cos no more materials supply from China. So just allow sometime for the supply to ram up lah

china need mask ... but china is also the largest mask production country

other country can produce mask ... but materials mainly come from china ... no material no production

left cannot ... right also cannot

that's why sexpert say ... china has 2 problems

front yard is burning .... virus

back yard is also burning ... if china all factory do not start pumping output