COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

4 hours ago, Vratenza said:

Clinical diagnosis just means no testing done. As long as it is respiratory symptoms, they assume it to be COVID-19 unless proven otherwise. 

So the public health officials have probably weighed the odds and came to a conclusion that it is statistically more likely that a patient showing the requisite symptoms and positive scan results will be a COVID-19 case. 

↡ Advertisement

4 hours ago, Ct3833 said:

This fellow (the owner) is wasting masks.

Yeah, luckily I don't have any pets :grin:but I think it's quite impossible for some to wear a mask anyway  like birds......

HTB1DhySeRLN8KJjSZFPq6xoLXXaU.jpg

• Haha! 4

10 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/indonesia-garuda-grounds-aircraft-coronavirus-bali-shanghai-12430648

who want to go Bali? I was at Bali the same time as this confirmed case... so many Chinese tourists during my time there.... sure spread already

I tink fake news lah. Coz indon ministar said coronavirus doesn't exist in Indo...

• Haha! 3

4 minutes ago, Arogab said:

This sucks, I think there is really a much better way to handle it. If those people are not taken out and separate, won't those people become crazy like wait for death or something? Too cruel

Many ppl say Japanese sibei civilised wear mask and all.. now we see their true face without the mask.. but then Sg also no take cruise ship.. wonder what we will do.?

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Vratenza said:

It's nothing personal.

The same human with same upbringing, education and intelligence, one planted in civil service and one planted in private sector, you will get a different work attitude and decision making process after 10 years.

The difference between a military officer planning a paper war and an MNC CEO planning a hostile take over is this:

- Whether the paper war is won or lost, he still gets to keep is job and wait for next promotion and bonus.

- if the hostile tale over of the company fails, the CEO's head is on the chopping board. So the amount checking and double checking to make sure all things run smoothly is paramount to his survival.

So everything the officer do is to make sure he does just enough and probably that bit more to get his better grading but never stupid enough to stick his head out to rock the boat so to speak.

If a private entity CEO rest on his laurels year in and out, he will not be CEO for long.

I have witnessed it myself in my NSF/NSman role in the ops and planning of brigade level equivalent in the navy....I am just count my lucky stars that I did not sign-on during my impressionable post-JC youth.

I reiterate, it is nothing personal when I say that it is the civil service culture and output that most people are complaining about and not the human being in that role.

as the saying goes... "Khiang can already, Mai Kay Khiang!" works extremely well in the civil service.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Lala81 said:

Not rocket science lah. 

All the combat rations u all eat for training are those with short expiry dates usually. 

Singapore logistics. Don't need to teach a grandma how to suck eggs lah. 

I'm sure every single round u all fire for ict or training works on the same principle. 

My favorite is Muslim ration, that's about the only thing I look forward to when going out field :=B:

Supercharged
18 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Bro, Come to China watch CCTV, CCP and all the propaganda all do until so swee.

They come up with many stories and many clips. They say so many nice phrases which I wonder if our PM and Minister come out to say those phrases. Wonder what we will react.

Example : 我们以定会战胜这场病毒战争,没有永远的冬天,没有不来的春天

:XD: 

Even commies understand that when all hope is lost, revolution will not be far away.

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Wind30 said:

agree... I think that is totally fake news... why even post here to give such websites more hits. 

Personally, I would never treat a nurse like that, and I don't believe any sngaporean would. 

If it was a china sounding china man coughing like crazy, maybe... but I would probably just get off the bus instead of chasing him out. 

To chase off a nurse???

Yeah, it's just stupid to chase a health care officer off the bus.

In fact, a health care officer will be the cleanest because he/she is also a human and wouldn't want to risk it as well.

Now, I've seen plenty of men don't wash their hands after peeing :XD:

• Haha! 4

20 minutes ago, BenTong said:

Many ppl say Japanese sibei civilised wear mask and all.. now we see their true face without the mask.. but then Sg also no take cruise ship.. wonder what we will do.?

Well, I don't mean to say they not civilised or their true color. I just highlight there could be a better way to handle. Did we turn away the cruise ship? If yes, then our Gov might be a little hard hearted too. But there is always a way to handle it and handle it better. I just see the situation and become soft hearted

6 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Well, I don't mean to say they not civilised or their true color. I just highlight there could be a better way to handle. Did we turn away the cruise ship? If yes, then our Gov might be a little hard hearted too. But there is always a way to handle it and handle it better. I just see the situation and become soft hearted

I call a spade a spade. In a crisis the true nature of a person or country manifest itself conspicuously. 

Edited by BenTong

Just now, BenTong said:

I call a spade a spade. In a crisis the true nature of a person or country manifest itself conspicuously 

You maybe right or damn right.

4 minutes ago, BenTong said:

I call a spade a spade. In a crisis the true nature of a person or country manifest itself conspicuously. 

When 1 million South Vietnamese were fleeing war and floating through entire South China Sea , from what I understand, sg also don't allow them to land on sg soil. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 1