COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

35 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I don't want to trivialise this video cos I'm tearing while watching this. Tough stuff to take for any parent. 

Edit. Seems to be some claim that it's carbon monoxide poisoning? 

This type must put spoiler

Is this recent? Behind seems to have many empty beds... as compared to reports that hospitals are overwhelmed 

• Praise 2

29 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I don't want to trivialise this video cos I'm tearing while watching this. Tough stuff to take for any parent. 

I read from reddit that this video is an old video from 2017, Sometime about fire. Also one of the helper carrying the bodies wasn't wearing gloves. So if contagious, sure very scared not to wear gloves.

• Praise 5

3 minutes ago, Ender said:

I read from reddit that this video is an old video from 2017, Sometime about fire. Also one of the helper carrying the bodies wasn't wearing gloves. So if contagious, sure very scared not to wear gloves.

Yeah realised that they weren't wearing full ppe. 

• Praise 2

35 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Still sad. As it could mean same house (heating related?) or same car...

But this reply is actually for this:

【好消息!#国内首例危重型儿童患者康复出院#】#新冠肺炎最新动态#据@湖北之声,因新冠肺炎导致呼吸衰竭,在“鬼门关”走了一遭的1岁男童牛牛(化名),经武汉儿童医院重症医学科全力救治保住性命。2月13日,家人将已确认符合出院标准的牛牛接回家继续隔离观察。

Source: https://m.weibo.cn/status/4471547382826331

884f7263ly1gbuv3cjs0cj20j60hcmyi.jpg

Somebody's translation:

One year old boy (pseudonym NiuNiu) became the first critical condition paediatric patient to recover from COVID-19.

On the afternoon of 26th of January, after six days of vomiting and diarrhoea NiuNiu was discovered to be in a fever by his parents. At the hospital he was further identified to show extreme fatigue, lack of appetite, oliguria and tachypnea and was transferred to the ICU of Wuhan Children's Hospital.

At the ICU NiuNiu's blood oxygen saturation was found toi be 80%. Doctors immediately ordered intubation and mechanical ventilation. Even so his blood oxygen level could not be stabilised.

NiuNiu's CT showed double pneumonia with high probability of COVID-19. His renal function was also rapidly degrading. To counter this he is place under hemodialysis, anti-viral, anti-bacterial and immunoglobulin therapy.

Having stabilised his condition NiuNiu started to recover. On the 6th of February he no longer required intubation and mechanical ventilation, and by 13th of February NiuNiu's stats were stable, his CT image showed liquid from pneumonia mostly reabsorbed and he has had two negative PCR results, thus reaching the criteria for discharge. Although NiuNiu will need to remain in home isolation for some time.

Generally COVID-19 manifests first as coughing and fever, interestingly NiuNiu was atypical and his infection first manifested as digestive system symptoms without obvious respiratory system symptoms. But once established the virus quickly spread to the respiratory system with acute renal symptoms. In addition NiuNiu was not infected via a family cluster as no other family member is demonstrating symptoms. Although as NiuNiu's parents have not yet been PCR tested it's not clear if they are currently asymptomatic carriers.

51 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

Could be the high attitude?

I was joking with my colleague,at high altitude, no one with pneumonia can survive and thus no Covid virus😁

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

35 minutes ago, Ender said:

Thanks for some light, all these people have special place in hell with bat meals who keep sharing misleading video tagging it with current virus situation (not saying those who share at this forum but the original source).

2 hours ago, mersaylee said:

That director general should change his name as well...darn hard to say his full name in one breath

WHO?? Haha

should change his name to James.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

7AEE775C-DD1F-4B16-8AF7-9D598E56E704.jpeg

Make sense.

The virus does not want to kill anyone.

If the host dies the virus also dies.

What the virus should do is keep the host alive and spread to even more hosts.

So the less fatal and more contagious the better for the virus.

:grin:

• Praise 3

7 hours ago, Weez911 said:

http://www.bjnews.com.cn/feature/2020/02/13/689022.html

据人民日报客户端消息 2月13日,湖北省新冠肺炎疫情防控指挥部召开新闻发布会,介绍武汉市重症救治进展情况,并回答记者提问。

北京朝阳医院副院长 童朝晖:新冠肺炎患者出现的是严重的呼吸衰竭,与2003年的SARS相比,病情进展得更快,缺氧发展得很明显;此外,这次患者心脏受到的攻击非常厉害,救治起来的难度比以前要大。因此,我们提出要密切观察这类患者的生命体征,比如心率、血压、血氧的变化。

Sorry hard to translate, a lot of technical terms. Loosely is Covid-19 has more serious breathing failure compared to SARS. Illness deteriorated faster. Lack of oxygen sooner. More severe attack on the heart. Must watch vital signs more closely, like heart rate, blood pressure and SP02H.

Hmm... this seems to be a change in tbe original narrative that covid is less serious than SARS. 😳

• Praise 2

7 minutes ago, Camrysfa said:

ItPYr7R.png

who still wants to go on a cruise in the region?

Nehmai

i go myself

847C1FBD-4F14-48F2-BDCD-85656BF32C02.jpeg

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 8

That said, look at the silver loning

more cheap stuff downstream like hotel packages, etc once we’re out of this fallout

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

6 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

7AEE775C-DD1F-4B16-8AF7-9D598E56E704.jpeg

Statistically,  this is bad graphics. 

Both SARS and mers have run their course, their numbers have been verified for all practical purposes. 

Corona is still on, to take 1370/60000 to get 2.27% is a huge leap of faith that no one else among the 60k will fall.

There should have been a caveat. 

• Praise 12

34 minutes ago, Playtime said:

Statistically,  this is bad graphics. 

Both SARS and mers have run their course, their numbers have been verified for all practical purposes. 

Corona is still on, to take 1370/60000 to get 2.27% is a huge leap of faith that no one else among the 60k will fall.

There should have been a caveat. 

That’s why the exec director of WHO said “we need to be cautious about the interpretation of the daily reports of numbers... even the incubation period.”

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2