COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

43 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

well if one on dying bed do u have a year to wait?

If I am the one i will take a bet.. nothing to lose..

But vaccine doesn't work for people already sick right??

Vaccine is to PREVENT.. it is not to CURE.

Otherwise anti vaxxers won't be a problem Ma🤔

↡ Advertisement

54 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Cruise ship aircon keep circulate and in enclosed space leh.. Chances of tio virus will be a lot higher.. 

I think cruise ship aircon is similar to shopping centre aircon?  It's not like a submarine where it cannot not draw in fresh air...

Science work is slow and steady and often will stall due to lack of ability to break through that barrier. 

We known hiv for what? 40+ years? And millions are inflicted by it. Have we got a vaccine for it? Although anti retroviral medicines are super effective for hiv allowing magic Johnson to be healthy for so many years.

how come we can't create a vaccine for it? Cos there are technical barriers. 

People tend to mistake entrepreneurial activity for whether barriers in science can be Broken. Well it takes a lot of head banging on the wall and sometimes the one that breaks through is your competitor. Not you... 

• Praise 10

6 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Science work is slow and steady and often will stall due to lack of ability to break through that barrier. 

We known hiv for what? 40+ years? And millions are inflicted by it. Have we got a vaccine for it? Although anti retroviral medicines are super effective for hiv allowing magic Johnson to be healthy for so many years.

how come we can't create a vaccine for it? Cos there are technical barriers. 

People tend to mistake entrepreneurial activity for whether barriers in science can be Broken. Well it takes a lot of head banging on the wall and sometimes the one that breaks through is your competitor. Not you... 

that is why india can come out with so many alternatives at cheaper price [laugh]

• Haha! 1

I'm not exactly a religious person but I really hope (pray) that those that are in critical condition recover because I understand how it's like to be sick and suffer every second of your life.

• Praise 4

12 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Test kits are relatively easy to manufacture. Once the sequence was known. Making the test kits are just a matter of time given that such test kits already exist for other viral illnesses. The principle is also very similar to making antibody test kits. 

A vaccine is a whole different ball game.

I know nuts about biotech. But First u have to develop a denatured version of the virus or at least enough of its unique dna sequences to be able to elicit a human immune system response. 

Then u need to test in animals and people who are prone to the disease and follow up. And these are healthy pre existing people.

U have to show that the vaccine actually works in preventing covid19. Why was Sars vaccine never developed or released? Cos it was gone within one year of it emerging. So who u going to test? 

Also first rule, do no harm. Remember the Philippines govt injected dengvaxia in many people and subsequently regretted it as it made them more suspectible to severe dengue? The people in Philippines were really pissed with the govt esp even kids were vaccinated. 

These are just the overarching general principles of developing a vaccine. 

Let's just say that I expect satellite erp to be up and running and maybe changi to have terminal 5 before we talk about even a commercial release of any vaccine. Hopefully by then, covid19 will be gone. 

Hehe, I don't know medicine. I only supply my customer the auto machine to load the bottles, scan, fill, seal with all the CCD inspection and then packing. What they fill inside, we only know the physical properties only. 

They ask, we provide, like they recently tell us to build the entire smart factory all the way to packing and manufacturing system tracker. And some more I am no even the designer. I only know the operations, program management and the surface technical details. Details design all done by me team lead by engineering manager. 

So when they say they looking into vaccine, we just wait and see😁

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, Playtime said:

This is amazing!! They are really ahead of us. 

Using drone to ask you scan... 

Next time LTA can just send drone ask you scan on line summon payment instantly..

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/china-using-technology-such-as-drones-and-robots-during-outbreak

ST_20200214_VNXINHUA_5450428.jpg

if they so ahead they wun kenna wuhan virus liao la

• Haha! 5

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Chinese restaurants in Australia are shutting down or close to shutting down. 

China drives so much tourism dollars in other countries. 

Last time when US sneezes, the world catches the cold

Current time when China sneezes, the world kena pneumonia 

• Haha! 8

2 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

if they so ahead they wun kenna wuhan virus liao la

1.3 billion people. 1/6th of all humans alive. In one country which is not the largest in the world. 

It's just statistics where viral outbreaks will emerge. 

• Praise 3

34 minutes ago, Playtime said:

But vaccine doesn't work for people already sick right??

Vaccine is to PREVENT.. it is not to CURE.

Otherwise anti vaxxers won't be a problem Ma🤔

At least with vaccine normal work and travel can resume... lower disruption once out

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Not validated. Maybe being trialed in ICUs here but singapore won't anyhow release data like that unless it's validated across different patients. 

China I'm sure is trying stuff but probably just internal for now. Before saying a treatment works requires careful studying and selection of data. 

The Thailand and the news that came out of USA with the gilstead drug is very premature. Though China is trying to patent the gilstead drugs and manufacture it. So maybe they find it helpful. But certainly in hubei with the deaths, u can't see the difference... 

actually I am a little curious. 

Thailand was one country that started having patience recovering very fast and many, with their cocktail of medicine which included a  mixture of medication for HIV.  But it seem like there is totally no news for quite a while, no new cases, no new recovery, no new suspects, no death, nothing. 

Besides Thailand, many countries listed also have come to a stand still in new cases or recovery, which is not too logical to me. Or did they just gave up all together? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Tianmo said:

Thailand was one country that started having patience recovering very fast and many, with their cocktail of medicine which included a  mixture of medication for HIV.  But it seem like there is totally no news for quite a while, no new cases, no new recovery, no new suspects, no death, nothing. 

Besides Thailand, many countries listed also have come to a stand still in new cases or recovery, which is not too logical to me. Or did they just gave up all together? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Probably playing with numbers...don’t report. 

• Praise 2

18 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

This shows how influential and power china is at the present moment.

• Praise 2

this morning I see haze, smell of burning in the air.

Is our good neighbour with zero virus case starting to burn again? Will the haze help to destroy the virus, or will it make our condition worse? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

雪中送炭 or 雪上加霜??? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 3

17 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

maybe they mistaken the earlier case and it could just be normal flu, so they report as recovered after they took panadol  将错就错 [laugh]

• Haha! 4

49 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Bro, haha, should be the Chinese cough[:p]

35 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Maybe they thinking what to say next and haven't come up with one after they talk big😝

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1