COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

1 minute ago, BenTong said:

I heard Those big GP chains like PS and Waffles  also no stock  from their big HQ. Even though they have their own stockpile.. sad actually .. 

They should have access to gov’s stockpile? But numbers should be controlled. 

Edited by Silver_blade
↡ Advertisement

15 minutes ago, Solar said:

Those jobless and looking for one... sibeh jialat... no additional help coming from Gov..

If any fit strong man looking for work I am diversifying my business. 

There is a rising business for male models for massage services. 

Must have good attitude and willing to bend over backwards to fully accommodate customers. 

:D

Can expect a very big tip every time. 

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 2

3 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Maybe there is some exemption in this kind of situation.

I am not sure even tho I doubt it. Country can say they do not have enough to export but should not stop companies from exporting. So by right, their gov can buy all existing supply and place orders to cover for the next few months. 

• Praise 1

9 minutes ago, Arogab said:

Steady steady, as of info from yesterday. Prices for Mask is stabilizing over here. 

Next week, our company also start assembling mask machines and those raw materials company has start to ram up their production with the Gov's help. Supplies will increase along the way.

Several region's roads are open, Gov in China is also working to help companies speed up their export liao. Come next week, things will be better as Shenzhen did not have any new cases last 2 days. Let's see the updates today. I believe things will get better. 

Steady ! 👍🏼

• Praise 1

Just now, Silver_blade said:

They should have access to gov’s stockpile? But numbers should be controlled. 

i suspect they also controlled their own stockpile..And they would have to prioritise ..what is sad to hear is that their Frontline GPs faces the same as those single GPs. 

• Praise 1

Just now, BenTong said:

i suspect they also controlled their own stockpile..And they would have to prioritise ..what is sad to hear is that their Frontline GPs faces the same as those single GPs. 

Purchase of surgical mask is centrally controlled via healthcare card.  No card no mask.

I don't know how foreigner can buy.

• Praise 1

1 minute ago, inlinesix said:

Purchase of surgical mask is centrally controlled via healthcare card.  No card no mask.

I don't know how foreigner can buy.

Huh? What healthcare card? PS and waffles clinic chains run by foreigners?

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
15 hours ago, Dinosaur33 said:

from this incident, I would like to add that I am quite embarrass by the behaviour what actually took place on the ground, and some even went so far to Malaysia, JB to wipe out someone else supermarket. I hate to say this, but our image as a singaporean is utterly tarnished by such behaviour. please do not impose your problems on someone's else territory.

for those who are in singapore to work/enjoy/raise your family, we hope that by accepting you into our society, you will have trust in our government system to handle crisis, and not take things into your own hand. I am sure, by willing to uproot yourself from your native country, it means that you appreciate our society way of life and try to learn and adapt into our society, our way of life. if you felt ever more superior in your way of thinking - maybe trying sharing with your immediate colleagues, and see whether if we could learn something from each other. Put yourself in shoes of others if you want to be treated in a similar manner.

for our own local, do spare some thoughts of our immediate neighbour, JB. having the finance ability to buy/purchase up others resources in circumstance like this not only socially not gracious, but socially irresponsible. still to think that we are a first world society, our behaviour is not different animalistic, and barbaric. I am not sure how is our ministers going to face neighbour minister in the future. Think about the consequence of what other neighbour might think of us in the future, do you think they would welcome us with warm and grace when we visit them in the future?

Let's not forget that we are a small island by ourselves, and we still need them (Malaysia) for our weekend getaway. This might not be the case for those who are more fortunate, where you can choose to take a flight out of Changi Airport for your weekend getaway. But for the majority of us, always think before you act. for a small group of us, we might have family, relative, friends and colleagues who are based in our neighbour countries. Do you think others will want to do business (trade) with you in the future, with our kind of behaviour and attitude? Neither is every singaporean who working in raffles place, marina one, and downtown, there are still some singaporean who are working in industry that involved heavy machine, heavy industry (like those located in the jurong island and etc.) Let's not forget that we still need malaysia for their help in the field of construction as well. Have a look at all of our tall building, ever wonder where some segment of those concrete wall comes from? 

- utterly shamed and disgraced 

Well. we can either blame each other for such action or we take it in together and reflect. We are still a young nation anyway. We do not have like a natural disaster at all. So our readiness for such a thing could be minimum.

Let's just learn from this incident and be more gracious next time! 🙂

• Praise 7

15 minutes ago, BenTong said:

Not sure if all GPs are facing the same problem. Some of those I know did not seems to have problem with masks for themselves or their patients (tho I heard there are patients asking for more masks which they refused to give).

15 hours ago, Dinosaur33 said:

from this incident, I would like to add that I am quite embarrass by the behaviour what actually took place on the ground, and some even went so far to Malaysia, JB to wipe out someone else supermarket. I hate to say this, but our image as a singaporean is utterly tarnished by such behaviour. please do not impose your problems on someone's else territory.

for those who are in singapore to work/enjoy/raise your family, we hope that by accepting you into our society, you will have trust in our government system to handle crisis, and not take things into your own hand. I am sure, by willing to uproot yourself from your native country, it means that you appreciate our society way of life and try to learn and adapt into our society, our way of life. if you felt ever more superior in your way of thinking - maybe trying sharing with your immediate colleagues, and see whether if we could learn something from each other. Put yourself in shoes of others if you want to be treated in a similar manner.

for our own local, do spare some thoughts of our immediate neighbour, JB. having the finance ability to buy/purchase up others resources in circumstance like this not only socially not gracious, but socially irresponsible. still to think that we are a first world society, our behaviour is not different animalistic, and barbaric. I am not sure how is our ministers going to face neighbour minister in the future. Think about the consequence of what other neighbour might think of us in the future, do you think they would welcome us with warm and grace when we visit them in the future?

Let's not forget that we are a small island by ourselves, and we still need them (Malaysia) for our weekend getaway. This might not be the case for those who are more fortunate, where you can choose to take a flight out of Changi Airport for your weekend getaway. But for the majority of us, always think before you act. for a small group of us, we might have family, relative, friends and colleagues who are based in our neighbour countries. Do you think others will want to do business (trade) with you in the future, with our kind of behaviour and attitude? Neither is every singaporean who working in raffles place, marina one, and downtown, there are still some singaporean who are working in industry that involved heavy machine, heavy industry (like those located in the jurong island and etc.) Let's not forget that we still need malaysia for their help in the field of construction as well. Have a look at all of our tall building, ever wonder where some segment of those concrete wall comes from? 

- utterly shamed and disgraced 

Pls dun talk rubbish. Johor sales and tourism is way down thanks to Sgeans staying away

Not i say wan... ur fav newspaper say

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/coronavirus-business-slowdown-in-johor-due-to-drop-in-singapore-visitors

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

2 hours ago, mersaylee said:

I was thinking about this scenario wondering if it’d help...

set up tentage of 8-10 beds each under shade near secluded beach (west coast or Pasir ris) for less critical cases. Patients get fresh air flow from land or sea breeze...away from crowd, ease hospital load. 

patients can also access direct sunlight for 10-15mins easily. 

logistics and cordon of restricting areas can be a daunting task though. 

Gov already have such facilities to house this peoples. (can house 3000 pax)

Aloha Loyang bungalows (at Jalan Loyang Besar after Cherryloft Resorts & Hotels who used to be owned by East Coast Park chalets) and beside the sea (Pasir Ris Park). Nice facilities with swimming pool. 

Aloha bungalows are actually for Civil Servants to apply for relax stay-cation with family and now all had been cancelled until further notice.  -_-

• Praise 1

39 minutes ago, BenTong said:

I heard Those big GP chains like PS and Waffles  also no stock  from their big HQ. Even though they have their own stockpile.. sad actually .. 

That's why I pity the medical front line and clinics. I don't blame the clinic for not giving me mask cos even the doc is not wearing! These are the ones that shd be applauded, not our leaders who purposely don't wear to manage the demand and use of masks! 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2