COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

18 minutes ago, 13177 said:

In this case what should be the correct way of doing? When should GP doctor send people to hospital when they are treating flu of a patient? 

My kid had persistent cough and we went to gp. Never get mc or antibiotics, told to continue as normal. One week later persistent cough still there but medication finish.

So how u tell me lor. Go hospital or not

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Heartlander said:

A China lady posted firsthand account of staying in NCID. Really impressive facility, I am really proud of what we have really.

But I really scared that China people will chiong here when outbreak happen again after watching this impressive video. Really world different compare to waiting to die in home country.. Free some more.

Wah they give Difflam.

I use it for sore throat and mouth ulcers..

4 minutes ago, yishunite said:

My kid had persistent cough and we went to gp. Never get mc or antibiotics, told to continue as normal. One week later persistent cough still there but medication finish.

Did you go to the same GP or you try another clinic? Idea here is, if everyone go hospital,  they will not be able to handle real cases. Moreover,  they also don't want you to be exposed to possible infection where hospitals are the highest risk right?

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, RadX said:

We’re not out yet

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3051688/coronavirus-115-new-deaths-confirmed-hubei-officials-report-411

Recovered patients may still be infectious
In a grim assessment, a key Chinese respiratory disease expert described the situation of the epidemic as a “see-saw battle”, despite the drop in daily recorded cases in recent days.
“We should not be relaxed. The figure may go up again,” said Zhao Jianping, head of an expert team working to contain the outbreak in Hubei.
Zhao told the magazine Southern People Weekly there were cases in China in which recovered patients continued to show traces of the virus through nucleic acid tests. There were similar results in Canada, where nose and throat swabs taken from a couple who had recovered from Covid-19 revealed they still had traces of the virus.

Like Herpes and Chicken pox?

Edited by Weez911
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

Did you go to the same GP or you try another clinic? Idea here is, if everyone go hospital,  they will not be able to handle real cases. Moreover,  they also don't want you to be exposed to possible infection where hospitals are the highest risk right?

So go different gp spread around the island more better isit

Total real cases is something like 80+, suspected cases a few hundred more u mean whole Sg hospital system is overburden by these atm? If so thats a monumental cock up

Edited by yishunite

1 hour ago, Heartlander said:

A China lady posted firsthand account of staying in NCID. Really impressive facility, I am really proud of what we have really.

But I really scared that China people will chiong here when outbreak happen again after watching this impressive video. Really world different compare to waiting to die in home country.. Free some more.

Quite cute leh... quarantine together 14 days 👌😜

• Haha! 3

16 minutes ago, yishunite said:

If you only seen doctor once but still not recover, then should go back to the same doctor and ask for further advise lo. But some people might get over worry and may go directly to hospital to see doctor, at least hospital can do some scan and blood test?! 

Internal Moderator
4 hours ago, BenTong said:

Actually to be honest here in MCF so many good people.. why not MCF @kobayashiGTorganize a volunteer program to help out at our public Hospitals and polyclinics? As screeners for example? Give a lift to  our Doctors n Nurses ..

good idea. But how many of mcfers can commit? need to work smth out also. if that's the case.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If you only seen doctor once but still not recover, then should go back to the same doctor and ask for further advise lo. But some people might get over worry and may go directly to hospital to see doctor, at least hospital can do some scan and blood test?! 

As it happens thats exactly what i am gonna do since i alrdy made appt with the same gp for tmr.

The point is that those ppl saying dun go hospital etc are making it worse coz general advice is badly suited to many situation and lots of people are fearing the worst especially if they have had contact with any of the sites with clusters. This is like the early advice... dun ban travel coz economic impact! Carry on business meetings coz economic impact! Then only when things turn worse suddenly all ban. Actually maybe it would be better to take the bitter pill first then get better quickly than try to slowlyslowlyslowly die 

Next thing u get a case like South Korean woman who dun wanna get tested next day dozens new cases. Those who say dun tax the health system... wtf u think its there for?? During a crisis by definition its supposed to be working harder

2 minutes ago, yishunite said:

As it happens thats exactly what i am gonna do since i alrdy made appt with the same gp for tmr.

The point is that those ppl saying dun go hospital etc are making it worse coz general advice is badly suited to many situation and lots of people are fearing the worst especially if they have had contact with any of the sites with clusters. This is like the early advice... dun ban travel coz economic impact! Carry on business meetings coz economic impact! Then only when things turn worse suddenly all ban. Actually maybe it would be better to take the bitter pill first then get better quickly than try to slowlyslowlyslowly die 

Next thing u get a case like South Korean woman who dun wanna get tested next day dozens new cases. Those who say dun tax the health system... wtf u think its there for?? During a crisis by definition its supposed to be working harder

Pls go hospital.

Safe ride

Cheers 

• Praise 2

3 hours ago, Matoonia said:

Bro, I admit I don't have masks at hm then. 28th Jan was 1st day of work for me I straightaway headed to clinic first thing in the morn. Its the 1st time in any visit to the clnincs that I was told no mask. I straightaway headed hm after that and stayed in my room,even though I was low risk cos no visit to chn. 

I could have worn a mask to the 2nd clinic on the next day if the first clinic have masks and provided me. My wife returned to work and got some masks for me. So 3rd day I wore a mask. 

During that time I stayed in room myself.everyone had trouble finding masks. 

You are right that I should have stockpile masks all along. This is my mistake and I've not been prudent. So after I recovered I manage to get and paid a high price for it. 

With regards to why the clinics nvr stockpile I don't know. Could it be the G decided that activating whole army to distribute to households more impt than making sure the less prudent clinics who nvr keep supply themselves? I have GP fres who told me even they had trouble getting stock from suppliers. We have docs here in the forum maybe can chk with them? 

Finally I agree with you taking care of ourselves are our own responsibility. I posted this myself in my replies before you posted. 

my personal POV, not advisable to reuse mask especially if you come back from clinic.

It's interesting that your GP friends find trouble getting stock from suppliers while i see even small hardware shops having supplies for sale but at cut throat price.... could it be because it hits their bottom line?

After all, the clinics are presumably expected (by public) to give it out for free for sick patients as compared to shops selling it.

Again my personal point of view, G distributing to households is more effective and fair than distributing to clinics.

1. only those who really need or want will bother to take it

2. There is no assurance clinics will give out to those that really needs it

3. GP is a private practice

4. Different GPs will have different volume of customers

19 minutes ago, yishunite said:

my layman opinion... got fever?

I thought like 90% of cases got fever. If no fever, maybe that is why the GP say don't worry. I think the number one symptom is fever.

56 minutes ago, yishunite said:

don't go

42 minutes ago, yishunite said:

So go different gp spread around the island more better isit

Total real cases is something like 80+, suspected cases a few hundred more u mean whole Sg hospital system is overburden by these atm? If so thats a monumental cock up

You must Have faith in our medicine man bros

But Probably still far from the last stand :grin:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Last_Stand_(Sabaton_album)

very nice album :grin:

5 minutes ago, Wind30 said:

my layman opinion... got fever?

I thought like 90% of cases got fever. If no fever, maybe that is why the GP say don't worry. I think the number one symptom is fever.

People still worry what if you are the 10% without fever and yet got the virus and yet GP still tell you dont worry?! 😅

Just now, Wind30 said:

interesting, maybe that is why Indonesians more resistant? esp if they have close contact with bats all their lives...

For generations even and only T-shirt as cover over their heads when they ventured into the cave to collect bats' dung.

Either good body immunity, weather conditions that prevent viruses from spreading or their lifestyle with lots of walking under the sun daily kept them well 

But yes, interesting that this group seems unaffected. 

Bat for thought, i mean dung for thought, alamak, food for thought.

Safe ride and take care.

Cheers 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1