COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

It would be wonderful to boost everybody moral if they outpace each other with strip dancing  ....  [sly]

Winter now le.

You still ppl do strip dancing.

沒心肝!

🤭

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

39 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If you only seen doctor once but still not recover, then should go back to the same doctor and ask for further advise lo. But some people might get over worry and may go directly to hospital to see doctor, at least hospital can do some scan and blood test?! 

I had a reservist platoon mate  who had fever and visited 3 clincs see different doctors . . . slightly more than one week later he died. He spoke to me just 2 days before he passed away. This was 25 years ago. Sad lor only 26 years old.

• Shocked 2
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, yishunite said:

So go different gp spread around the island more better isit

Total real cases is something like 80+, suspected cases a few hundred more u mean whole Sg hospital system is overburden by these atm? If so thats a monumental cock up

Just two points regarding manpower.

1)  to have manpower immediately available to handle surges means that during peace time there are personnel very free, which leads to criticism of poor manpower planning by public.

2)  a sudden surge in infectious cases is not the same as a sudden surge in healthy patients in the army.  You read of a few hundred suspect cases over the month.  But every case has to be treated as suspicious and that is something you dont see or know unless insider. 

Example.  An army camp sees three attempted intrusions a month and one actual intruder. Doesnt seem like much. But people dont see the extra guard duty, extra routes taken DAILY.  They only read about three attempted intrusions and one intrusion. Example is just example.  I use this cos I think every male served NS so should have an idea what I am trying to say.  Of cos if @yishuniteis female then apologies. 

• Praise 3

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

People still worry what if you are the 10% without fever and yet got the virus and yet GP still tell you dont worry?! 😅

Best to do what's within one's ability to keep own immunity strong thru proper rest, meals and good personal hygiene. 

So that, touch wood, if still kena, the supportive systems to help our bodies fight better will mean a shorter stay in hospital. 

Sun is free so try to adopt a healthy habit of taking short walks under it.

I have started on this and its not easy for me as i machiam dracula, hate to walk under the sun cos of ownself got an easy-to-prespire system. I now keep spare t-shirt in car to change out just in case. Ya, its like that one for me.😅😅 

Hopefully over time, under the sun, viruses will siam me far far cos i too warm for them.

Dun over think and worry. Viruses dun bother who u are, nationality, car u drive, type of house u stay etc. 

Just build up that strong immunity. So own antibodies will have bullets to tahan the battle and win.

And we will win over this Covid-19. 

Take care. You have not been sharing your makan posts ah. Must eat. 😅😅😂😂😂

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 1

1 minute ago, PSP415 said:

Best to do what's within one's ability to keep own immunity strong thru proper rest, meals and good personal hygiene. 

So that, touch wood, if still kena, the supportive systems to help our bodies fight better will mean a shorter stay in hospital. 

I have started on this and its not easy for me as i machiam dracula, hate to walk under the sun cos of ownself got an easy-to-prespire system. I now keep spare t-shirt in car to change out just in case. Ya, its like that one for me.😅😅 

Hopefully over time, under the sun, viruses will siam me far far cos i too warm for them.

Dun over think and worry. Viruses dun bother who u are, nationality, car u drive, type of house u stay etc. 

Just build up that strong immunity. So own antibodies will have bullets to tahan the battle and win.

Safe ride 

Cheers 

If car got sunroof, open it while driving🤭

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

Just two points regarding manpower.

1)  to have manpower immediately available to handle surges means that during peace time there are personnel very free, which leads to criticism of poor manpower planning by public.

2)  a sudden surge in infectious cases is not the same as a sudden surge in healthy patients in the army.  You read of a few hundred suspect cases over the month.  But every case has to be treated as suspicious and that is something you dont see or know unless insider. 

Example.  An army camp sees three attempted intrusions a month and one actual intruder. Doesnt seem like much. But people dont see the extra guard duty, extra routes taken DAILY.  They only read about three attempted intrusions and one intrusion. Example is just example.  I use this cos I think every male served NS so should have an idea what I am trying to say.  Of cos if @yishuniteis female then apologies. 

As of yesterday, there are still 1,147 ppl under quarantine.

It’s not easy task.

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

For generations even and only T-shirt as cover over their heads when they ventured into the cave to collect bats' dung.

Either good body immunity, weather conditions that prevent viruses from spreading or their lifestyle with lots of walking under the sun daily kept them well 

But yes, interesting that this group seems unaffected. 

Bat for thought, i mean dung for thought, alamak, food for thought.

Safe ride and take care.

Cheers 

These people won’t kena one because they are tarzan

orh Eee orh, Tarzan boh Cheng sha

so get lots of vitamin d

i also no scared because I always boh cheng kor :XD:

• Haha! 4

19 minutes ago, Count-Bracula said:

I had a reservist platoon mate  who had fever and visited 3 clincs see different doctors . . . slightly more than one week later he died. He spoke to me just 2 days before he passed away. This was 25 years ago. Sad lor only 26 years old.

Know the cause of why died? This is why people worry if sick take long time still not recover. 😓

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Safe ride 

Cheers 

No mood to share makan posts although i am still eating la. 😅

• Haha! 2

3 hours ago, Heartlander said:

A China lady posted firsthand account of staying in NCID. Really impressive facility, I am really proud of what we have really.

But I really scared that China people will chiong here when outbreak happen again after watching this impressive video. Really world different compare to waiting to die in home country.. Free some more.

Wow....if that's what being hospitalised for a 'deadly virus' is like, no need to worry too much liao. Won't be surprised if this Xmm's stay at NCID was more comfortable than her original hotel stay.....lol

• Haha! 1

35 minutes ago, 13177 said:

People still worry what if you are the 10% without fever and yet got the virus and yet GP still tell you dont worry?! 😅

but they can’t test every single person with cough. If no fever, why worry. U worry about dying or spreading to others? 
Just don’t spread to the next guy and have good personal hygiene. If worsen, then they will test u Lor.

even if u get tested and confirm with mild symptoms also no treatment. Just quarantine. 

• Praise 2

1 minute ago, Wind30 said:

but they can’t test every single person with cough. If no fever, why worry. U worry about dying or spreading to others? 
Just don’t spread to the next guy and have good personal hygiene. If worsen, then they will test u Lor.

even if u get tested and confirm with mild symptoms also no treatment. Just quarantine. 

Think if tested confirmed case, should not just quarantine? Must stay in hospital lo. Cause if confirmed case and no treatment, the person can get recovered by itself?

18 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Inside their houses sure got Heater mar ....:we-all-gonna-die:

Outside I believe cold ..   :sick:

Look at the clothing she wear. You will know how “hot” inside.

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Think if tested confirmed case, should not just quarantine? Must stay in hospital lo. Cause if confirmed case and no treatment, the person can get recovered by itself?

I think you ask many times already right? 

I thought it is common knowledge that most cases recover by itself..... just google lah. repeated like so many times. 

2 hours ago, RadX said:

We’re not out yet

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/society/article/3051688/coronavirus-115-new-deaths-confirmed-hubei-officials-report-411

Recovered patients may still be infectious
In a grim assessment, a key Chinese respiratory disease expert described the situation of the epidemic as a “see-saw battle”, despite the drop in daily recorded cases in recent days.
“We should not be relaxed. The figure may go up again,” said Zhao Jianping, head of an expert team working to contain the outbreak in Hubei.
Zhao told the magazine Southern People Weekly there were cases in China in which recovered patients continued to show traces of the virus through nucleic acid tests. There were similar results in Canada, where nose and throat swabs taken from a couple who had recovered from Covid-19 revealed they still had traces of the virus.

In sichuan, there are recovered patient Kenna infection again.

• Shocked 3

5 hours ago, BenTong said:

Actually to be honest here in MCF so many good people.. why not MCF @kobayashiGTorganize a volunteer program to help out at our public Hospitals and polyclinics? As screeners for example? Give a lift to  our Doctors n Nurses ..

It is nice. But the hospital and polyclinic would need and/or want to supply masks for these screeners, volunteers or employed. Masks numbers are sensitive. So probably not.

Give lift to HCW - like free lifting?  Convenient excuse to get to know young nurses? 😛 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2