COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

2 hours ago, Arogab said:

Not sending your MIL arh??😝🤣

I lost a lot of money cancelling my MIL trip to Bali. I just didn't like the danger levels. 

So I had to buy a new ticket to Korea. Booked nice hotel in Daegu. And even booked her on the train to Busan. 

:D

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

6 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I lost a lot of money cancelling my MIL trip to Bali. I just didn't like the danger levels. 

So I had to buy a new ticket to Korea. Booked nice hotel in Deagu. And even booked her on the train to Busan. 

:D

a visit to the church is good for one's eternity too. after life may come sooner ...

South Korea reports 52 new COVID-19 cases, brings total to 156

As of Friday more than 400 members of the church are showing symptoms of the disease, though tests were still ongoing, Daegu Mayor Kwon Young-jin said at a briefing.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/covid19-south-korea-52-new-coronavirus-cases-total-156-12456158

Edited by Blueray
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 2

The truth is the hospitals cannot cope if everyone visit the hospital if they suspect they are sick and maybe infected with the virus. So, going to the clinic is the 1st defence hopefully to screen of a big group. Even at hospitals,  they are unable to test 100% immediately you have caught the virus. Although I heard we have the test kits, I am not sure how accurate and how fast. Would we be able to test the 5 mil residents here? So what if we test all, tomorrow you can still meet others, we didn't sealed off from the outside world. If can, of course avoid crowded placed, especially hospitals. Postpone non essential appointments. That is how I see it. 

• Praise 1

45 minutes ago, Victor68 said:

The truth is the hospitals cannot cope if everyone visit the hospital if they suspect they are sick and maybe infected with the virus. So, going to the clinic is the 1st defence hopefully to screen of a big group. Even at hospitals,  they are unable to test 100% immediately you have caught the virus. Although I heard we have the test kits, I am not sure how accurate and how fast. Would we be able to test the 5 mil residents here? So what if we test all, tomorrow you can still meet others, we didn't sealed off from the outside world. If can, of course avoid crowded placed, especially hospitals. Postpone non essential appointments. That is how I see it. 

Go to Public Health Preparedness Clinic/polyclinic 

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

They can take the Train to Busan. 

Its actually not very far from Busan.

I went there a few years ago. Very nice city.

:grin:

So nice my MIL will there soon.

I will always have happy memories of that place.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Haha! 1

17 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Its actually not very far from Busan.

I went there a few years ago. Very nice city.

So nice my MIL will there soon.

I will always have happy memories of that place.

Maybe she can be like that old lady travelling with the other old lady. 

One old lady got infected. 

The other old lady was very sad and opened the compartment door to keep her company. 

I know you believe in opening doors for you MIL. 

You're a good SIL. 

Even if your MIL were at death's door. 

You'll help pull her through. 

😁

• Haha! 1

3 hours ago, Vratenza said:

I have personally seen patients without fever eventually tested positive.

Yes this is an established phenomenon. 

People don't realise how unreliable fever is as a symptom and a sign. 

People who say they feel feverish often don't have fever. 

People who swear they're not feverish often do have at least a mild fever. 

And whether you take it in the ear or the mouth matters (not to mention the armpit or the... other pit). 

And the time of day matters. Physiological thermoregulation follows a diurnal pattern and fever often mimics and amplifies it.

And physical exertion etc. also matters.

So, even when someone is not even trying to bamboozle the screener by taking antipyretics, fever can be a terribly unreliable thing. 

Wonder why everyone is so fixated on it.

Not to mention this particular infection evolves in severity and organ involvement over the course of days. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 9

Taking temperature readings gives people a false sense of security that they are doing something and being proactive about it and its relatively easy to do.

Must wayang wayang a bit lah if not people say never do anything.

I know this doing house work when called upon by the wife.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 2