COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

15 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Yep, quite deflating to see situation in China getting somewhat better but pockets of outbreak happening in Japan, Korea and now Iran. This virus is a tough cookie.

China is not out of the wood yet.  Another round of cross infection that affects HCW and patients of Fuxing Hospital in Beijing.

What's happen in Japan and Korea is a result of mismanagement of health minister.  The worse thing is Japan follows WHO recommendation that resulted in 2 quarantine officers being infected.

Virus has always been tough.  SARS mutated to 4th version before died off.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Damn this virus. Hope it die off soon.

If I could tell the world just one thing
It would be that we're all ok
And not to worry because worry is wasteful
And useless in times like these
I will not be made useless
I won't be idled with despair
I will gather myself around my faith
For light does the darkness most fear

🙏🏼

• Praise 5

See, this is the Singapore way of doing things. 

We not only allow chinese celebrity to ownself sent home masks for their HCW, our defense minister also activate 3M, and sent N95 mask to them.

In addition, we still activate our Red Cross to raise funds for them. 

See how kind hearted we are. Don't know why we still want to complain so much.

FB_IMG_1582300399854.jpg

• Praise 2

16 hours ago, Heartlander said:

A China lady posted firsthand account of staying in NCID. Really impressive facility, I am really proud of what we have really.

But I really scared that China people will chiong here when outbreak happen again after watching this impressive video. Really world different compare to waiting to die in home country.. Free some more.

I wonder if the medical staff had mistaken her for someone else the next morning? 

you know ah tiong bu with and without the...day and night different one

• Haha! 7

6 hours ago, Wt_know said:

most importantly community spread is curb

but the biggest worries is super spreader like s.korea case

1 non symptom can infect 20-30 pax ... [sweatdrop] 

Really our government is doing an excellent job.. Without all hard work from saf, spf, hospital staff, doctor and etc.. We might not see this decreasing rate of increase in case.. 

For past 1 week plus.. The number of new cases remain quite stable and all are linked to previous case.. Which is a good sign.. If continue like this.. Maybe by the following week we might have zero case already.. By then we may need to be careful with Korean who visit Singapore within on that onset, if Korea side don't improve.. 

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 3

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/covid-19-indonesia-evacuate-diamond-princess-world-dream-12457914?cid=FBcna

We keep saying Indonesia close one eye, do not have resources to check for this virus and etc.. But then this is one of the rare thing that Indonesia deserved to be praised.. Coz they will put these people that disembark from the ship to be quarrentined for 28 days instead of the usual practice of 14 days.. 

• Praise 3

Coronavirus: almost 400 applicants eye up HK$1.5 billion scheme to boost mask production in Hong Kong but none can meet government’s technical standards

https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/politics/article/3051855/coronavirus-almost-400-applicants-eye-hk15-billion-scheme

It appears even a billion dollars cannot buy you a mask in Hong Kong any more as a government scheme to boost local production has been unable to find anyone capable of meeting the required technical standards, according to the city’s commerce minister.

Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development Edward Yau Tang-wah told lawmakers on Friday that the Hong Kong Productivity Council (HKPC) had talked to 381 individuals interested in producing masks in Hong Kong, but none had the right manufacturing capabilities.

The HK$1.5 billion subsidy scheme is part of a much larger HK$30 billion government package aimed at helping the city’s health care sector combat the deadly coronavirus and bailing out industries hit financially by the epidemic.

= = = = = = = = = =

Under the scheme, manufacturers would be given up to HK$3 million for setting up one production line of surgical masks to deliver at least 500,000 masks a month.

Each subsequent production line in the same plant would be subsidised up to HK$2 million.

The scheme would cover a maximum of 20 production lines.

The rest of the HK$1.5 billion would be used to buy as many as 480 million masks from the subsidised producers.

Factories would also be required to sell the first 2 million masks it produced in a month to the government, and surplus beyond that could only be sold locally to other public and private bodies.

-           

• Praise 3

7 hours ago, Dinosaur33 said:

See, this is the Singapore way of doing things. 

We not only allow chinese celebrity to ownself sent home masks for their HCW, our defense minister also activate 3M, and sent N95 mask to them.

In addition, we still activate our Red Cross to raise funds for them. 

See how kind hearted we are. Don't know why we still want to complain so much.

FB_IMG_1582300399854.jpg

I would like to hear your view how then should we handle this? 

4 hours ago, Yewheng said:

Really our government is doing an excellent job.. Without all hard work from saf, spf, hospital staff, doctor and etc.. We might not see this decreasing rate of increase in case.. 

For past 1 week plus.. The number of new cases remain quite stable and all are linked to previous case.. Which is a good sign.. If continue like this.. Maybe by the following week we might have zero case already.. By then we may need to be careful with Korean who visit Singapore within on that onset, if Korea side don't improve.. 

Many times I see that police got involved in assisting contact tracing, wonder how they did that, trace the mobile phone movement history ?

8 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

Many times I see that police got involved in assisting contact tracing, wonder how they did that, trace the mobile phone movement history ?

CId used espfor those who declare “ I don’t know” , “I cant recall” , “ I am unlucky “

• Haha! 2

57 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

It involves CID leh. CID very powerful one.. When CID request telco to give information on this person to the GPS location details.. Will telco don't give? CID can also go to whichever authorities that monitor cctv on public road and etc.. And can retrieve cctv footage right? Same goes to shopping malls and etc.. 

• Praise 3

13 hours ago, inlinesix said:

With so many millionaires in MCF, which of you willing to pay $$$ to set up face mask factory?

$150k/machine ONLY.  Cheap cheap

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/east-asia/coronavirus-hong-kongers-set-up-face-mask-factory-amid-panic-buying

the machine is cheap, dun even need take loan.

but u need consider overhead. how big a factory is needed? how much rent or installment per month for factory?

how many worker needed?? what is their pay per month?

how much u need to sell a  mask to make profit. can your selling price match importer price?

say after 6mth when thing get better, will ppl still buy your mask??

if no ppl buy  u struck with the 150k machine, and factory loan how??

• Praise 4

1 minute ago, Beregond said:

the machine is cheap, dun even need take loan.

but u need consider overhead. how big a factory is needed? how much rent or installment per month for factory?

how many worker needed?? what is their pay per month?

how much u need to sell a  mask to make profit. can your selling price match importer price?

say after 6mth when thing get better, will ppl still buy your mask??

if no ppl buy  u struck with the 150k machine, and factory loan how??

This is a community project since so many ppl KPKB cannot buy mask.

• Haha! 2

12 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

first death in Italy,  started to spread in community with 20 cases now.

I think the key is to identify and isolate these people with cornoavirus fast..  If the person come and get admitted to hospital a little bit too late for this virus.. Then there are 2 consequences.. 

1. This person might had already start to spread to more people on this virus.. 

2. This person condition when admitted to hospital might not be in a good condition.. By then chances of recovery might be slightly worst off as compared to admitted to hospital early for isolation.. 

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

This is a community project since so many ppl KPKB cannot buy mask.

if want to do community project for mask with the 150k-200k sgd.

might as well use that money go oversea buy mask and give out free, u get more mask that way.

🤦‍♂️

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3