COVID-19 Outbreak: 313 Confirmed Cases in SG, 117 Discharged, 15 Critical (18 Mar)

Carbon82

2 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

This is a community project since so many ppl KPKB cannot buy mask.

Although many people kpkb.. Doing business is a long term decision and not a short term one. Unless this person/company sees this producing mask can be a money making opportunity for long term too then it is worth invest equipment and staff into this. Everyone thinking might be different.. Like for me thinking is this one is only short term.. However for others might think this one can do long term.. No right or wrong.. End of the day those jump into this mask marking business is taking a calculated risk.. If successful its great news.. If not successful also like that.. So gotta respect many of businessman that start up business. (I am not just referring to this mask making business, but doing business as a whole in general concept).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

9 hours ago, Dinosaur33 said:

See, this is the Singapore way of doing things. 

We not only allow chinese celebrity to ownself sent home masks for their HCW, our defense minister also activate 3M, and sent N95 mask to them.

In addition, we still activate our Red Cross to raise funds for them. 

See how kind hearted we are. Don't know why we still want to complain so much.

FB_IMG_1582300399854.jpg

This is one of necessary things to do to aid as well as to contain the fierce fight as far as possible and hope it ends there and then.

Just like during the viet cam conflict in the 70s...

• Praise 2

3 minutes ago, Beregond said:

if want to do community project for mask with the 150k-200k sgd.

might as well use that money go oversea buy mask and give out free, u get more mask that way.

🤦‍♂️

So many hero here talking about self sufficient for surgical mask.

You ask them to buy from overseas🤦‍♀

• Haha! 1

4 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Although many people kpkb.. Doing business is a long term decision and not a short term one. Unless this person/company sees this producing mask can be a money making opportunity for long term too then it is worth invest equipment and staff into this. Everyone thinking might be different.. Like for me thinking is this one is only short term.. However for others might think this one can do long term.. No right or wrong.. End of the day those jump into this mask marking business is taking a calculated risk.. If successful its great news.. If not successful also like that.. So gotta respect many of businessman that start up business. (I am not just referring to this mask making business, but doing business as a whole in general concept).

I killed a number of M&A proposal previously.

20 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

This is a community project since so many ppl KPKB cannot buy mask.

Soya shouted the loudest “no mask!!”

I think he meant well to tell people there’s  no need to try to buy mask because

no stock...

• Haha! 6

3 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

This is one of necessary things to do to aid as well as to contain the fierce fight as far as possible and hope it ends there and then.

Just like during the viet cam conflict in the 70s...

He did not share the photo of Ah Lui shake hand with PLA officer.
There was a shipment via SQ and Ah Lui was at Beijing Airport to handle over it.

10 hours ago, Tohto said:

She cheong 4 to 5 churches,  hugging here, hugging there. All kana.

I have no intention to relate to any religion, but I really cannot quite understand. So I asked my maid last night, " what exactly do you do when you go to your church?" 

If it is human close contact, I have seen Muslim prayers on Fridays, quite massive, and they also stay quite close to each other. It is also their custom to shake hands and place it to their hearts as a form of greetings, I dont think Muslim prayers is any less crowded or body contact than Church prayers lor.

Then we look at Chinese temples, CNY eve would have caused a total outbreak given how crowded many temples are on CNY eve when ppl go 接财神 or 上头香, they are so crowed that in some temples ppl are standing almost back to back like in a jam pack MRT cabin. Then we have the 4th day when many go 拜太岁,again the places are so crowded. 

I have been to Sunday church and festive gatherings in Church when I was younger, and I find nothing unusual. So, I still dont understand how come the 2 clusters in SG are churches, and the SK outbreak seem to be also concentrating among churches? :huh:[laugh][laugh]

• Praise 4

1 minute ago, Tianmo said:

I have no intention to relate to any religion, but I really cannot quite understand. So I asked my maid last night, " what exactly do you do when you go to your church?" 

If it is human close contact, I have seen Muslim prayers on Fridays, quite massive, and they also stay quite close to each other. It is also their custom to shake hands and place it to their hearts as a form of greetings, I dont think Muslim prayers is any less crowded or body contact than Church prayers lor.

Then we look at Chinese temples, CNY eve would have caused a total outbreak given how crowded many temples are on CNY eve when ppl go 接财神 or 上头香, they are so crowed that in some temples ppl are standing almost back to back like in a jam pack MRT cabin. Then we have the 4th day when many go 拜太岁,again the places are so crowded. 

I have been to Sunday church and festive gatherings in Church when I was younger, and I find nothing unusual. So, I still dont understand how come the 2 clusters in SG are churches, and the SK outbreak seem to be also concentrating among churches? :huh:[laugh][laugh]

Maybe just so coincidence that those who tio the convoravirus at 1st is those who also go church too.. So they go church = massive spread.. So its like a toss of coin.. Just that the luck is not there.. It could be massive spread to all people who to Chinese temples and pray too.. Maybe they are lucky no one on that category tio this virus yet and thus no chance for mass spreading.. 

20 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

He did not share the photo of Ah Lui shake hand with PLA officer.
There was a shipment via SQ and Ah Lui was at Beijing Airport to handle over it.

necessary evil...

• Praise 1

51 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

first death in Italy,  started to spread in community with 20 cases now.

Now the whole world is getting it, seems like more people will flock to Singapore looking for FREE medical treatment.

See la, I can tell the future :grin:

30 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

AC and no AC plays a part?

• Praise 1

12 minutes ago, RadX said:

SK another 142 iao

we surrender ..

South Korea reports 142 more COVID-19 cases, total 346
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/south-korea-covid-19-virus-coronavirus-new-cases-feb-22-12459916

Jia lat.. The rate of increase is exponentially.. 

It's like there are many stages of this virus.. So perhaps in Korea there are people which managed to seep through early stage.. And then when this person is at the later stage, the spreading is very fast and Furious.. Looking back at singapore we are lucky all those cases are detected early and thus limit the spread and there is currently no indication of very fast and Furious stage as those tio the virus are already caught and are in hospital.. 

Edited by Yewheng

Just now, Wt_know said:

this is a wake up call for spore too

we cannot be complacent even though our situation is under control

just 1 super spreader or 1 cluster can fk us up!

Ya lor.. 

34 minutes ago, Macrosszero said:

https://www.scmp.com/week-asia/health-environment/article/3051629/coronavirus-super-spreader-south-korean-church-cult

A church again...... 

image.png.ffcc3d778b48680de5df48919d61f205.png

If just seated like that in the same hall can catch COVID19..... 

To me the most objectionable part of the article is referring to this religious organisation as a "cult". The author is betraying his own prejudices. But SCMP often has piss poor journalistic standards. 

Either every peaceable religious denomination is a cult or none is. 

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 8

7 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

Jia lat.. The rate of increase is exponentially.. 

It's like there is many stages of this virus.. So perhaps in Korea there are people which managed to seep through early stage.. And then when this person is at the later stage, the spreading is very fast and Furious.. Looking back at singapore we are lucky all those cases are detected early and thus limit the spread and there is currently no indication of very fast and Furious stage as those tio the virus are already caught and is in hospital.. 

i guess weather plays a part

daegu cold weather of 11-celcius vs spore hot weather of 32-celcius 

so sinkies better dont complain spore is hot all year round ... it's an advantage ... muahahaha

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 8