COVID-19 II: 49 new COVID-19 cases in Singapore; Mustafa Centre among 3 new clusters identified (2 Apr)

Wildfaye29

Message added by kobayashiGT

Just now, Mockngbrd said:

Yesterday I got 2 packet of wanton mee delivered with a van. 

Cos it’s two ton? So need van?👻

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 8

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, Mockngbrd said:

Yesterday I got 2 packet of wanton mee delivered with a van. 

Can pple like me who do grabhitch occasionally participate? 🤗

12 minutes ago, Kyrios said:

Cum to think of it....where is kusje...this guy certainly can make a few valid points..but i have a hunch he was 'tortured' and abused during NS so he has an immense hatred towards this cosplay thingy...🤣

COS... COSPRAY!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!
p.thumb.jpg.319ada3a9b030735ef2cfe9be54b9462.jpg

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
10 minutes ago, RadX said:

Cos it’s two ton? So need van?👻

Lol. Talk about having a heavy meal...

• Haha! 3

52 minutes ago, Icedbs said:

I came to the conclusion that there are 2 groups of views regarding the current measures to the virus outbreak in Singapore.

One group wanted a hard ban or a shutdown to everything...14 days or 1 month. it is ok...do it and get over with..With very little movement, the spread should decrease and we can then get the economy running again.

The 2nd group prefer half the economy running and ok with calibrated measures even if it means that this may drag the outbreak for a longer time.

Why the differences in view?

The first group are mostly the business-owners and self employed. The longer this drag, the longer it will hit their income and may even put them out of business. Half the economy running is not much use to the business owners,  they can minimise cost,  but if there is no revenue, it is still a negative margin in the long run.

The 2nd group are mostly employees.......to them income has no immediate impact (they still get paid monthly) except for those in certain sectors, but conveniences is important to them. So if everything closes, it becomes inconvenient to them hence they prefer a calibrated measure . Some of my employee friends actually prefer if it drags longer; they can finally work from home , go down for long lunch breaks ,  work lesser since businesses have slowed down, and still get paid the same end of the month.

I am certainly for the hard ban measure. I want to quickly get this over with and not some advisory (which is not going to be effective) and then harsher measures have to come in later (as proven again and again from the start) .  For those employees who thinks the current situation is not too bad for them, trust me, there is no free lunches in this world, when their bosses had enough pain, the ramifications on their income will come in sooner or later. It is a hard truth.

Contrary to your analysis, the business owners don't want a total shutdown. A lockdown may not make a big difference to businesses directly  impacted (tour & cinema operators) but to many other business owners (F&B, service providers, etc), some income is better than no income.  Prolonged and repeated lockdowns will drain cash reserves faster and accelerate bankruptcy of more businesses and individuals.  See debate in US.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-03-25/billionaires-want-people-back-to-work-workers-aren-t-so-sure

The doctors and medical people will demand for lockdown for as long as possible to save lives, regardless of economic cost.  They have been taught life is sacred and should be protected at all cost. 

The older folks obviously want a full lockdown (And shoot to kill for lockdown violators would be cheered) as they are the most vulnerable and most likely to die should this get out of control. The fear from this group is increasingly apparent after what had happened in Italy and Spain.

Like you said, the younger people mostly don't care so long as they continue to have a job/ pay but they definitely don't want their employers to go under. Only idiots think about WFH and longer lunch hours in this environment.

For me, it is not clear a 2-3 weeks lockdown will permanently end this health crisis. If it works, we should do it immediately. If it is so simple, why is the Govt hesitating and deferring it? Can't be for GE2020, right?

Edited by Voodooman
  • Praise 4

Supersonic
53 minutes ago, Icedbs said:

I came to the conclusion that there are 2 groups of views regarding the current measures to the virus outbreak in Singapore.

One group wanted a hard ban or a shutdown to everything...14 days or 1 month. it is ok...do it and get over with..With very little movement, the spread should decrease and we can then get the economy running again.

The 2nd group prefer half the economy running and ok with calibrated measures even if it means that this may drag the outbreak for a longer time.

Why the differences in view?

The first group are mostly the business-owners and self employed. The longer this drag, the longer it will hit their income and may even put them out of business. Half the economy running is not much use to the business owners,  they can minimise cost,  but if there is no revenue, it is still a negative margin in the long run.

The 2nd group are mostly employees.......to them income has no immediate impact (they still get paid monthly) except for those in certain sectors, but conveniences is important to them. So if everything closes, it becomes inconvenient to them hence they prefer a calibrated measure . Some of my employee friends actually prefer if it drags longer; they can finally work from home , go down for long lunch breaks ,  work lesser since businesses have slowed down, and still get paid the same end of the month.

I am certainly for the hard ban measure. I want to quickly get this over with and not some advisory (which is not going to be effective) and then harsher measures have to come in later (as proven again and again from the start) .  For those employees who thinks the current situation is not too bad for them, trust me, there is no free lunches in this world, when their bosses had enough pain, the ramifications on their income will come in sooner or later. It is a hard truth.

Actualli hor....me thinks once erection cum and over w strong mandate, normal business will resume quite soon after that

Rather than keep on repeating about lockdown, take initiative to #stayathome as much as possible.

If most ppl don't get their priority right, a lot of resources is required to ensure that ppl #stayathome.

Just look at Msia.  Wk1 use police to do roadblock check.  After wk1, army has to be mobilised.

Do your part.  #stayathome

p.s. To all the rich businessman, ask your staff (who are older than 59) to either #workfromhome or #stayathome (no unpaid leave.  no annual leave BS hor).  

Edited by inlinesix
  • Praise 7

6 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

image.thumb.png.3c811f393b8ac69e58df32c3cf5fef64.png

Please take note that there are some a**hole going around scamming people of $300.

I didn't know until I overheard one auntie told another about this. Hope I meet one then I can cough in his face ccb. 

• Haha! 6

10 minutes ago, Soya said:

Actualli hor....me thinks once erection cum and over w strong mandate, normal business will resume quite soon after that

Herd immunity?  

Once all of us are immune, we can go anywhere around the world to grab business opportunities  when others are fearful to tread?

• Haha! 2

6 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Rather than keep on repeating about lockdown, take initiative to #stayathome as much as possible.

If most ppl don't get their priority right, a lot of resources is required to ensure that ppl #stayathome.

Just look at Msia.  Wk1 use police to do roadblock check.  After wk1, army has to be mobilised.

p.s. To all the rich businessman, ask your staff (who are older than 59) to either #workfromhome or #stayathome (no unpaid leave.  no annual leave BS hor).  

TCSS only hor.

There is a theory that flattening the curve while allowing certain level of controlled local transmission (hopefully for the milder strains, hence refusal to test all patients with flu symptoms) will get us to herd immunity status faster. 

But i also heard in the grapevine that testing will be widely available soon.

• Praise 1

43 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Agree. There is still quite a lot we can do on our own. Even schools allow students to stay home and teachers will send them worksheets/homework if the parents are not comfortable having their kids in school. 

I think it is not easy for everyone to agree on where is the tipping point to call for a lockdown & the type of lockdown. I do think there is a possibility we may eventually see a lockdown here. Probably a lockdown between 4weeks & 16weeks?

Meanwhile, let’s play our part and not go for gatherings, avoid crowded places as much as possible, maintain good personal hygiene, etc. 

• Praise 4

25 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

Agree. There is still quite a lot we can do on our own. Even schools allow students to stay home and teachers will send them worksheets/homework if the parents are not comfortable having their kids in school. 

I think it is not easy for everyone to agree on where is the tipping point to call for a lockdown & the type of lockdown. I do think there is a possibility we may eventually see a lockdown here. Probably a lockdown between 4weeks & 16weeks?

Meanwhile, let’s play our part and not go for gatherings, avoid crowded places as much as possible, maintain good personal hygiene, etc. 

If 16 weeks, I think Singapore Inc can close down liao. That’s 4 months. Even China didn’t lock down for so long.

I think you meant 6 weeks right?

The solution cannot be worse than the problem.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Voodooman said:

Herd immunity?  

Once all of us are immune, we can go anywhere around the world to grab business opportunities  when others are fearful to tread?

Until it mutate into a new deadlier form 😱

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2