COVID-19 II: 49 new COVID-19 cases in Singapore; Mustafa Centre among 3 new clusters identified (2 Apr)

Wildfaye29

Message added by kobayashiGT

Just now, Weez911 said:

Don't worry, mock and I will always have your back.

Then I'll have her front. 😂

(sorry, sorry, I'm a tiko emeritus🤣) 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Don't worry, mock and I will always have your back.

Wow. Since when you too? Hahaha. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, Turboflat4 said:

Then I'll have her front. 😂

(sorry, sorry, I'm a tiko emeritus🤣) 

Oi. Lol. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Just for sharing:

Received a WhatsApp msg from a friend that Government are working to bring Singapore residents home from abroad,  say that over 2000 Singaporeans from places with high infection rates will be coming home in the next few days, and govt is expecting a further spike in cases. so they want people to really minimise going out.

2 minutes ago, Civic2000 said:

Just for sharing:

Received a WhatsApp msg from a friend that Government are working to bring Singapore residents home from abroad,  say that over 2000 Singaporeans from places with high infection rates will be coming home in the next few days, and govt is expecting a further spike in cases. so they want people to really minimise going out.

Bring them home, but straight to standalone quarantine place, not their own homes. 

• Praise 5

39 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Sunday always like this lah. I always avoid go supermarket on Sunday. Especially NTUC.

My once a week groceries at ntuc is on sun, although got queue but not so long de. Now i know why liao, cause due to the 1m distance marking on the floor, so the queue would appear much longer than usual?! Lol.

Turbocharged
58 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

I am not in favour of closing our doors to citizens. They shouldn't suffer in a foreign land. 

But set a hard deadline. Screw their studies or business crap. Come back within 2 weeks or don't come back indefinitely. 

And I'm sorry, but I reiterate my point about PRs. They can stay out, in the country of their primary citizenship.

Hopefully gahmen has done the numbers... Eg how many PRs do we have based in lost-cause countries eg italy, india and indonesia?

All claim healthy and untested, but in reality carriers and fill up icus on return. Think its 5 figures including family members.

• Praise 2

44 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

We shouldn't be on equal footing, sorry. 

New Citizens and born here citizens, yes. 

PRs and citizens, no. 

Sorry not sorry. You don't commit to us, we don't commit to you.

Yeah, many of my wife's colleagues are 1 PR + 1 New Citizen (usually Malaysia or India) to leech maximum benefit from both sides. Buy BTO or resale in SG leech enough rental and sell for capital gain go back retire like a King and Queen.

I also find that many of the so call foreign talents are just average. While I was in colleague, I have Singaporean classmates that are of professor quality, 1 even finished an accelerated NUS degree with flying colors.

Maybe my expectation of talent is pretty high :secret-laugh:

• Praise 5
  • Angry 2

27 minutes ago, Icedbs said:

Finally they are u-turning their earlier decision of not closing borders..  I give them kudos for that albeit a very late decision. 

They finally saw the pattern that this spread is in waves of imported, local, imported and then possibly local again.  The earlier local spread is quite small because the earlier imported cases are only from China. Now, the imported cases are from all over the world and if they still don't close borders, the next wave of local cases will be far bigger.

Must be all pretend to transit den reach SG airport go report sick

• Haha! 2

Supercharged

Just saw that Australia government will now allow their citizens whose job and income are affected by the Covid to draw out 10k from  their pension funds and maybe allow another 10k if covid issue persists ..

Wonder if our government will also do that to help those affected here ...

• Praise 8

Lock down means it cripples your economy immediately

and 14 days at home means you will spread to your entire family.

Testing means you know who is infected early, can isolate them immediately

and treating a person early means the highest chance of survival.

:grin:

But the most important is get them early at the airport before they come in

and spread it.

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 2

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Sunday always like this lah. I always avoid go supermarket on Sunday. Especially NTUC.

Every Sunday I go AMK Hub NTUC. Today is definitely more people buying stuffs even my wife pointed out.. I told her could be more people remain in Singapore as no where to go oversea.. even business travelling is cut till minimum liao.. so local consumption will go up

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Hubwee said:

Just saw that Australia government will now allow their citizens whose job and income are affected by the Covid to draw out 10k from  their pension funds and maybe allow another 10k if covid issue persists ..

Wonder if our government will also do that to help those affected here ...

Can

over your dead body...😂

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

5 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

Lock down means it cripples your economy immediately

and 14 days at home means you will spread to your entire family.

Testing means you know who is infected early, can isolate them immediately

and treating a person early means the highest chance of survival.

:grin:

But the most important is get them early at the airport before they come in

and spread it.

I think lockdown is the best tool if there are many unknown clusters and the rate of transmission has become exponential. 

Extensive testing is good if the govt knows which areas have the biggest outbreaks and hence can focus testing on the people in these areas for early isolation and treatment.

Contact tracing is good if you want to nip it at the bud, but must be followed up by effective quarantine, and people must respect quarantine rules.

It depends on the state and severity of infection I guess?

Turbocharged
27 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Yeah, many of my wife's colleagues are 1 PR + 1 New Citizen (usually Malaysia or India) to leech maximum benefit from both sides. Buy BTO or resale in SG leech enough rental and sell for capital gain go back retire like a King and Queen.

I also find that many of the so call foreign talents are just average. While I was in colleague, I have Singaporean classmates that are of professor quality, 1 even finished an accelerated NUS degree with flying colors.

Maybe my expectation of talent is pretty high :secret-laugh:

Your expectation is normal.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1