COVID-19 II: 49 new COVID-19 cases in Singapore; Mustafa Centre among 3 new clusters identified (2 Apr)

Wildfaye29

Message added by kobayashiGT

Turbocharged
16 hours ago, RadX said:

@Darryn you ok?

BABEEED4-C91A-4AED-A919-77F2B58F4D97.jpeg

Where'd you get this from? 

It came through to my phone - 

YES - I'm good thanks, in the office all alone as we practise social distancing. 
So far we're doing pretty well here - as of yesterday 200 or so cases, it will be going up, but hopefully manageable 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 9

2 minutes ago, Darryn said:

YES - I'm good thanks, in the office all alone as we practise social distancing. 
So far we're doing pretty well here - as of yesterday 200 or so cases, it will be going up, but hopefully manageable 

for place like south island where you only find 1 house few km away, there should be safe, no?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
3 minutes ago, Darryn said:

Stay safe bro! 🙏

• Praise 2

42 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

I will keep quiet of the numbers going forward in case I jinx it.

I think it will go beyond what we are seeing yesterday. I'm not sure if we can prevent that curve from steepening too much, but I hope we can.

I also think in order to achieve to prevent the curve from steepening, we may have to close schools and ALL businesses soon...

You see, this is a very difficult decision - whether (i) we bring back all our students and citizens from US and UK, or (ii) to close our schools and businesses (ie, lockdown). Our medical resources are finite and I think the govt has chosen to bring back all our citizens home. I have no problem with that as I think economy can be rebuilt after we solve the virus problem. Both decisions will have a nasty outcome anyway.

I think we have not reached the point of no return to warrant a total lockdown like in MY, so it is important to minimize mass gatherings and events so that we don't have our own Sri Petaling. That does not mean that we should shy away from a lockdown when it becomes necessary.

If in the next few weeks, no local case appears in China (other than imported ones), a 1 month lockdown may be a quick but painful solution to our current misery. I just don't believe it will be so simple, China is just buying time and I think another (perhaps smaller) wave will come. 

Life takes priority over money but there is no need to bankrupt or cause too many to lose their job  prematurely. I sort of agree with G's current calibrated approach of escalating gradually to buy as much time as possible.

Each time you lockdown, a wave of bankruptcy and retrenchment will follow, you want to minimise the number of lockdown before an effective vaccine is found.

There is no quick solution, only a prolonged fight.

• Praise 6

45 minutes ago, TangoCharlie said:

Fine them gao gao, then CWO at hospitals do deep cleaning. HCW put their lives on the line, it's time to get these parents experience the same.😑

The best way to make sure these CB parents remember this for life, is to make it so painful they can never forget. And the price they need to pay for such a selfish and irresponsible act must be a few times that of the monetary amount they paid, both tangible and intangible.

Fine them an amount twice their total tour package, make them pay for the inconvenience and interruption to the school and other students.

Shame them in public and make their identity open, charge them for lying and not declaring the truth of they overseas trip, make them apologize to the whole school. 

And Yes, shame the the kids as well. Of course ppl going to say the kids are innocent  and they cannot control what the parents do, but if you want it to hurt, and hurt real bad that they remember it for life, hit the kids as well, and leave a burn mark so deep no one will forget, and mayb even not be forgiven by their love ones. 

Yes, call me cruel, heartless, ruthless, merciless, whatever,  ( i am the demon after all) but if I have to kill 10 to save millions, I will kill that 10. -_-

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

On 3/18/2020 at 9:37 PM, Weez911 said:

Just wow.

I will remember today for the rest of my life. 47 new cases. 47.

now you have to learn the number 73 😥

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

3 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

For a moment I tot I kenna short-changed. hahahaha. 

Rather than 3 ppl go queue, 1 person queue for three households. Lesser exposure for the elderly.

• Praise 5

Internal Moderator
6 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

The best way to make sure these CB parents remember this for life, is to make it so painful they can never forget. And the price they need to pay for such a selfish and irresponsible act must be a few times that of the monetary amount they paid, both tangible and intangible.

Fine them an amount twice their total tour package, make them pay for the inconvenience and interruption to the school and other students.

Shame them in public and make their identity open, charge them for lying and not declaring the truth of they overseas trip, make them apologize to the whole school. 

And Yes, shame the the kids as well. Of course ppl going to say the kids are innocent  and they cannot control what the parents do, but if you want it to hurt, and hurt real bad that they remember it for life, hit the kids as well, and leave a burn mark so deep no one will forget, and mayb even not be forgiven by their love ones. 

Yes, call me cruel, heartless, ruthless, merciless, whatever,  ( i am the demon after all) but if I have to kill 10 to save millions, I will kill that 10. -_-

Bring back public caning! Cane the parents also!

• Haha! 3

37 minutes ago, Darryn said:

Gd to hear

take care buddy

• Praise 1

7 hours ago, Ho2786 said:

the end of usa as the preeminent power.

the rise of china as the leader of a new world order.

we have to learn to kowtow to china already.

We have kowtow during Terrex.  Everyone seems to forget about Terrex.

11 minutes ago, Somewhat1975 said:

India No. 1😂. Those irresponsible people are fully deserved to be treated this way.

that is violating human right  !!

• Haha! 2

34 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

I think we have not reached the point of no return to warrant a total lockdown like in MY, so it is important to minimize mass gatherings and events so that we don't have our own Sri Petaling. That does not mean that we should shy away from a lockdown when it becomes necessary.

If in the next few weeks, no local case appears in China (other than imported ones), a 1 month lockdown may be a quick but painful solution to our current misery. I just don't believe it will be so simple, China is just buying time and I think another (perhaps smaller) wave will come. 

Life takes priority over money but there is no need to bankrupt or cause too many to lose their job  prematurely. I sort of agree with G's current calibrated approach of escalating gradually to buy as much time as possible.

Each time you lockdown, a wave of bankruptcy and retrenchment will follow, you want to minimise the number of lockdown before an effective vaccine is found.

There is no quick solution, only a prolonged fight.

many companies I know have gone on a pay cut and encouraging employees to take unpaid leaves. Some do one of those measures, some doing both, all so that everyone can be kept employed and company hopefully can pull it through. 

Progressively suspending and taking turns to suspend businesses would help us to move the ball ard and everyone try to hold on as much as possible. 

I would think that after end of April, the entertainment industry will be switch back on, and another sector will be suspended for a month, mayb retail, mayb pre-schools. And then we take turns to do it, keeping businesses going and keeping ppl away from the street. 

A total lock down now is not going to help us in anyway now since its not peak yet. If we cannot get out after a 14 days lock down, we will have to extend it, and mayb extend it a 3rd time. Locking down is our last line of defense, if we cannot turn it ard, we are as good as dead.  

So yah, I think currently we are still doing ok, so dont take out the big cannon if small arms can still do the job. [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Tianmo
  • Praise 4

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

How come you have 3? hahah. My house only have one.

My loot of the Day , Ho C gib me free finally sumthing🤣🤣...... how come no smell and so watery like water 💦, must be people like @RadX got drink 1 that’s why they put red sticker 🤣 warning now 

FF343EC7-AB75-4480-AB6A-A3E0A124C3F4.jpeg

6006B4CF-64B1-4E3E-887C-752DC30BCD46.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Haha! 5