COVID-19 II: 49 new COVID-19 cases in Singapore; Mustafa Centre among 3 new clusters identified (2 Apr)

Wildfaye29

Message added by kobayashiGT

Look at this travel advisory by NHS UK. They are completely relying on people own discretion to manage this coronavirus. And they appear to have ignored the fact that seemingly healthy people can pass on the coronavirus to the aged and the compromised.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/

Stay at home if you have either:

a high temperature – you feel hot to touch on your chest or back
a new, continuous cough – this means you've started coughing repeatedly
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.

You do not need to contact 111 to tell them you're staying at home.

Testing for coronavirus is not needed if you're staying at home.

There is currently no specific treatment for coronavirus.

Antibiotics do not help, as they do not work against viruses.

Treatment aims to relieve the symptoms while your body fights the illness.

↡ Advertisement

Just now, Adrianli said:

Maybe time for Gov to consider foreigners, send to Private Hospital? Restructured hospital only for Singaporeans and PR. Let the foreigners bear the cost of Private Hospitalisation.

You need to make sure the private hospitals are equipped with all the safety equipment and practices (staff training and competency) to safely contain the virus from spreading. And if it spreads, it will go to other Singaporean patients and Singaporean staff in those private hospitals. 

As a pragmatic matter, I think foreigners with non-infectious conditions (like heart attacks) needing critical care should be re-routed to private hospitals equipped with ICU/HD facilities (and not allowed into restructured A class - those single rooms can be (and are being) repurposed as iso suites). 

• Praise 7

2 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

You need to make sure the private hospitals are equipped with all the safety equipment and practices (staff training and competency) to safely contain the virus from spreading. And if it spreads, it will go to other Singaporean patients and Singaporean staff in those private hospitals. 

As a pragmatic matter, I think foreigners with non-infectious conditions (like heart attacks) needing critical care should be re-routed to private hospitals equipped with ICU/HD facilities (and not allowed into restructured A class - those single rooms can be (and are being) repurposed as iso suites). 

I believe that those Private Hospital are well equipped for infectious disease right? Like Raffles and Mt E.

7 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

I believe that those Private Hospital are well equipped for infectious disease right? Like Raffles and Mt E.

I'm sure they have isolation facilities (you need these even for "routine" things like TB cases), it's just a question of quantity. Not just the outfitted rooms but the highly trained and careful staff to care for these patients. 

No, I would prefer non-infectious foreigners be barred from restructured hospitals and warded in our private hospitals (at full rate) for now. I'm not talking about relocating those already in hospital, just not allowing new admissions. Those who don't like this and who have non - urgent conditions can jolly well leave the country. 

Actually (another first for me), I'm going to ask @Philipkeeto offer a perspective on this as he may be more familiar with private hospitals. At least I get that impression. I, personally, have never worked in one myself.

Edited by Turboflat4

40 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

FE036860-2151-48D3-B9FD-102C359BB92E.jpeg

Should add UK and US into the 2nd row. They are the weak links. Maybe should extend to the entire EU and Indonesia. 

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 3

1 minute ago, Weez911 said:

Should add UK and US into the 2nd row. They are the weak links. Maybe should extend to the entire EU.

The fact that we're not specifically targeting the US shows how weak our gahmen has become since the Michael Fay time. No backbone anymore. 

• Praise 4
  • Sad 2
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

doctor got work to do

si ginna also got work to do - stay at home!

this is the only way to break the chain of virus ... [mad] 

2A9A8A18-BC14-4743-B38B-65E5576FEB4A.jpeg

• Praise 10

Internal Moderator
13 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

Should add UK and US into the 2nd row. They are the weak links. Maybe should extend to the entire EU and Indonesia. 

Yeap some of the European countries, US and Indonesia should be moved up 2nd tier. 

• Praise 3

22 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

The fact that we're not specifically targeting the US shows how weak our gahmen has become since the Michael Fay time. No backbone anymore. 

This is farking frustrating. Are u able to prescribe me some lexapro pls? Actually I may need more than some. 😁

• Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

This is farking frustrating. Are u able to prescribe me some lexapro pls? Actually I may need more than some. 😁

I'll prescribe you some @RadX "Rad"iation therapy to allay your anxiety. 😂

• Haha! 3

2 hours ago, Jellandross said:

When frontline staff are risking their lives everyday, and you have clowns like these... Truly ccb. 

"We are more afraid of God," one of the organisers, Mustari Bahranuddin, told Reuters, when asked about the risk of participants spreading the virus at the event in Gowa in Indonesia's province of South Sulawesi.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asia/indonesia-covid-19-muslim-pilgrims-gathering-12552630

The Indonesian government has a very big part to play in this. If they ban all large scale religious gatherings outright, such risk might have been reduced. 

It's the same for us. Current government stance is only advisory in nature and it's up to each religious organisations to make their own judgements and have precautions in place. 

My take is that SG govt should now officially declare suspension of religious gatherings until further notice. Sermons, services should all be taken online, which some religious groups have already implemented but I know it's not all yet. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 7

Haiz

We were told more than a few days ago to expect a spike and even deaths.

Let the ones who need to return come back first and be placed on 14 days SHN.

This was a msg shared by a family member :

"All our fellow citizens. My friend's daughter studying in Canada was recalled home by NUS. She'll be on SHN."

Be calm. There are lots of work behind the scene to be coordinated. Things dun move like the speed of keyboard warriors nor according to the wishes of them. There are many diplomatic issues and others, much more than a post here and there to prepare. 

Everyone's life is important so no need to fear until lao sia. Maybe that's why toilet papers always kena whacked until no stocks.😅🤪😱.

Dun spread fear. Let the authorities do the necessary. Panic only create fear and give rise to lots of falsehood. Especially social disorder. Its definitely not the right solution.  

Stay home if sick, go hospital if very sick. 

Covid-19 can't touch u if everyone exercise wisdom to avoid crowded places and close contact. It does mean one may be inconvenienced.

Till the world's last infected recovers or dies with the covid-19, this idiotic virus will be around. Or a vaccine is born.

How long to close borders? 1 month? 1 year? Every bloody nations MUST do their part too. Otherwise, here one imported there 1 more new case every day. Machiam never ending story.

Imported case can mean a Singaporean infected from another country. Put on SHN immediately can definitely help to contain the spread IF strictly obey and not go out to meet anyone. 

So, please be calm and dun panic or spread fear.

I wish all under quarrantine negative test results. Those in hospital speedy recovery. Those in ICU, fight the idiotic virus and get well.

Covid-19 no see borders close or open. Cos looks like almost the world (except those who still claim or confident no infection till now) are already infected. But its NOT EVERYONE.

We must be wise to continue to exercise good personal hygiene and as reasonably possible, minimise close contact in public and crowded places.

It is a serious matter.  I ask for calm and not create unnecessary fear simply because it will not help Covid-19 to disappear.

See the panic buying? See the crowds? Its replicated all over the world. That's caused by panic and fear. We should not encourage such because more harm than good is done. 

Just my tots. 

Keep safe and be calm. Plan your daily routine with focus on keeping family members and self safe from infection. It takes courage and may mean inconvenience to one's comfort zone. Pls be patient with elderly at home. But firm. They are the most vulnerable.

Let the authorities prepare what they need to. Be it additional beds or equipment. Be it external medical personnel or help. We do not know everything that's already being done or underway. 

But as a nation, united is many times better than divided and criticizing. 

😂😂 if anyone genuinely can offer help, pls do so. If one truly loves the nation and ppl, this may be the reason why you are born. To help make lives safer for many.

Dun need to claim credit. I look for real heroes at such a time cos great men are birthed during adversity. Will there be one or some amongst here?

I am sorry that i am not. An ordinary citizen constantly nagging calm and sensibility. A donation here and there for charities. I acknowledge i am just an ordinary citizen.

But i love my Singapore. 😂

Nagging over. No offence.

Safe ride 

Cheers 

Edited by PSP415
  • Praise 9

1 hour ago, Freeder said:

Statistics doesn’t lie....

mebbe is fake news as only lumber 1 is real news.. 

BA3BB6F3-0AB4-4278-8B88-9CC0B3FDE179.jpeg

The list is a joke. No.1 country is now screwed, No.2 had totally given up on containment. And Indonesia at 30? 

Where is Taiwan by the way? It's probably the only country which has been more than half decent at containment efforts currently. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 2