COVID-19 II: 49 new COVID-19 cases in Singapore; Mustafa Centre among 3 new clusters identified (2 Apr)

Wildfaye29

Message added by kobayashiGT

15 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

Alot of BCP is on paper only.. talk until so good but when put in action another story.. even for my company which split to Team A and B oso messy and may not be effective as various dept Team A and B may cross each other path..

Worse. You ARE in both teams.  And the order came to split...

Example.  This really happened.

Shortly after sept 11 attacks, I was informed by ministries

1)  as a nurse, if there was a war, i had to report to hospitals as it was assumed foreign nurses would have left the country.  If i did not, i would be charged.

2) as a male, if there was a war, I had to report to my reservist unit.  If i did not, I would be charged.

When I told my commanders, they said no such thing.  It's your reservist unit.  But a NCO (reservist) who happened to be working in another ministry privately told me this plan existed.  So I asked where do I report if war really broke out?  He shrugged his shoulders.

It turned out ministries never talked to each other and maybe almost 20 years ago male nurses were anomalies so no one even realised that this was an issue..

Fortunately no war broke out and this was never tested.  But in the months following sept 11, it was a big issue and war was a real possibility.

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 4
  • Shocked 2
  • Haha! 4

5 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Jman888 always never read the whole sentence carefully 😂🤣👀

Mcf is the first thing I see when I woke up, even before saying good morning to my wife [sweatdrop][laugh]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 9

1 minute ago, Philipkee said:

Worse. You ARE in both teams.  And the order came to split...

Example.  This really happened.

Shortly after sept 11 attacks, I was informed by ministries

1)  as a nurse, if there was a war, i had to report to hospitals as it was assumed foreign nurses would have left the country.  If i did not, i would be charged.

2) as a male, if there was a war, I had to report to my reservist unit.  If i did not, I would be charged.

When I told my commanders, they said no such thing.  It's your reservist unit.  But a NCO (reservist) whi happened to be working in another reservist privately told me this plan existed.  So I asked where so I report if war really broke out?  He shrugged his shoulders.

It turned out ministries never talked to each other and maybe almost 20 years ago male nurses were anomalies so no one even realised that this was an issue..

Wear nurse uniform go army camp 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 7

3 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

I think time has to be given for these places to close down. To show they are STILL in control.

For example if they said close by tomorrow instead of a deadline line two days later, it might look as if they were panicking or never had foresight to announce it earlier.  So psychologically it's better for them to give a longer deadline.

It's like a boss.  When the office day is almost over you notice a piece of work no yet done one your desk.  Now, your office isnt that  busy.  You take that assignment and pass it to your secretary.

If you say do it NOW when everyone is getting ready to go home, sure, the secretary could still do it but will be pissed you never gave the work earlier esp since she told you there was something on your desk but u were too busy to look at it and say it's ok never mind.

If you say need it by tomorrow before going home, it looks like you planned and analyse everything.  But work is delayed.

The tricky part is how much do you need the work done quickly and how important is the secretary's approval of you to you?

This is a pandemic involving a very infectious virus.

From a business point of view, the businesses are already going to get hit very badly regardless of that additional day. It makes no difference to their bottomline on a whole-year basis.

But from a pandemic control point of view, that additional day may cause a lot of further unlinked cases in 1-2 weeks' time. In the interest of the country, for you and me, and for our doctors and nurses (you again), is it worth it?

Personally, I don't give a fark what my secretary think of me. I can't wait to hire a younger prettier version.

• Praise 4
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
4 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

Mcf is the first thing I see when I woke up, even before saying good morning to my wife [sweatdrop][laugh]

One day she'll create an account and say good morning to you here. Then you jialat le 

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 6

On 3/18/2020 at 9:37 PM, Weez911 said:

Just wow.

I will remember today for the rest of my life. 47 new cases. 47.

You have many dates to remember. Lol

• Haha! 4

9 minutes ago, Weez911 said:

This is a pandemic involving a very infectious virus.

From a business point of view, the businesses are already going to get hit very badly regardless of that additional day. It makes no difference to their bottomline on a whole-year basis.

But from a pandemic control point of view, that additional day may cause a lot of further unlinked cases in 1-2 weeks' time. In the interest of the country, for you and me, and for our doctors and nurses (you again), is it worth it?

Personally, I don't give a fark what my secretary think of me. I can't wait to hire a younger prettier version.

From my personal point of view, I think management in singapore (generally) are not able to make quick and hard decisions.  They need to think about all the ramifications.

Which is good in peacetime but not in times like this.  Unfortunately times like this hardly happens so when it does, decisions are still made like in peacetime.

• Praise 5

Turbocharged
8 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

The reality of flying nowdays.

Can't believe everything was so normal just 2 months ago. 

Screenshot_20200326-002359_GAGT.thumb.jpg.70f0bac07a8f067c7325cf2f2c017662.jpg

Wa when was this?

6 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

You have many dates to remember. Lol

I will keep quiet of the numbers going forward in case I jinx it.

I think it will go beyond what we are seeing yesterday. I'm not sure if we can prevent that curve from steepening too much, but I hope we can.

I also think in order to achieve to prevent the curve from steepening, we may have to close schools and ALL businesses soon...

You see, this is a very difficult decision - whether (i) we bring back all our students and citizens from US and UK, or (ii) to close our schools and businesses (ie, lockdown). Our medical resources are finite and I think the govt has chosen to bring back all our citizens home. I have no problem with that as I think economy can be rebuilt after we solve the virus problem. Both decisions will have a nasty outcome anyway.

• Praise 2

11 hours ago, Tianmo said:

I wont be surprise man.

Many families would have booked cheap packages as far back as 3rd Q 2019 for the march 2020 school holidays.  What I dont understand is why die die also must go, and want to go liao come back still want to do such irresponsible things?

I support shame these parents, and give them one hard hard one....<_<[mad]

Fine them gao gao, then CWO at hospitals do deep cleaning. HCW put their lives on the line, it's time to get these parents experience the same.😑

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Standing by to collect. Not yet time to collect. Will collect 1.5L one shot on Saturday. 

20200325_213544.thumb.jpg.ae099059662801fa61cf1d694d21bd9c.jpg

How come you have 3? hahah. My house only have one.

Turbocharged
9 hours ago, Wt_know said:

welcome home

please dont zouk out and go jiak bah kut teh hor

3776A770-550F-42A0-8AD8-0C4FD48CF4BF.jpeg

At least in plane machiam hospital precautions.. reduces the risk of inflight transmission..

8 hours ago, noobcarbuyer said:

The reality of flying nowdays.

Can't believe everything was so normal just 2 months ago.

Worry in flying 4 months ago was about air safety and whether it was over any war zones. How much had changed since then.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1