COVID-19 II: 49 new COVID-19 cases in Singapore; Mustafa Centre among 3 new clusters identified (2 Apr)

Wildfaye29

Message added by kobayashiGT

40 minutes ago, Starry said:

Singapore lock down at most run from Changi  to Tuas only.....:grin:

Sg lockdown all rush to checkpoint and airport

and just realised malaysia lockdown

and airport no flight

Edited by Thaiyotakamli
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

29 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

Gold standard indeed ... who is paying?

ownself pay ownself i got no problem at all 

5 stars hotel SHN.

I think you missed these 2 paragraphs:

For a fortnight, courtesy of the government, she’ll wake up to a sea view in a room that would normally cost hundreds of dollars a night. Welcome to quarantine, Singapore-style.

To prevent community spread, the government said on March 24 it’s working with hotel operators to provide “dedicated facilities” for such returnees, while those currently serving their notices in their homes could also apply for those rooms. They are provided with meals and laundry too -- and all on taxpayer dollars.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Angry 2

8 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

5 stars hotel SHN.

For a fortnight, courtesy of the government, she’ll wake up to a sea view in a room that would normally cost hundreds of dollars a night. Welcome to quarantine, Singapore-style.

To prevent community spread, the government said on March 24 it’s working with hotel operators to provide “dedicated facilities” for such returnees, while those currently serving their notices in their homes could also apply for those rooms. They are provided with meals and laundry too -- and all on taxpayer dollars.

no wonder need 48B stimulus package ... [mad] 

Edited by Wt_know
  • Angry 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

2 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

no wonder need 48B stimulus package ... [mad] 

Your tax money at work.

Song bo??

• Angry 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

5 stars hotel SHN.

Wah......those serving in their homes now can also apply for such rooms?

Then not bad what...just treat SHN as a staycation for the family for those serving in their homes now.

• Praise 1

2 hours ago, Wt_know said:

Gold standard indeed ... who is paying?

ownself pay ownself i got no problem at all 

I've rather these people be put up in facilities where they cannot complain much. These coming back from the US & UK are extremely high risk. Moreover, majority are Singaporean citizens so let's give and take.

If we don't and allow them to go back and risk the spread to family members & the local communities, it will be even worse. That's a big price we cannot afford to pay at all. 

Having them in hotels serve to mitigate the battered tourists numbers as well. 1 stone kill 2 birds. It may be arguable that why spend so much of taxpayers money to house them in expensive hotels, but we had to understand that hotels already have systems well suited to support quarantine needs in place. Nice views are a bonus. Hotels have the excess capacity, and is the fastest and most effective way to house them at this moment. 

The reserved recovering facilities (government resorts, university hostels etc.) can be saved for those milder cases who are recovering from Covid-19. The beds in hospitals and NCID can thus be saved in anticipation for the spikes in severe cases. This I believe is already the current arrangement.

I don't want to argue much against the spending of taxpayers money to really ensure the collective well being of Singaporeans, it is the only right thing to do. These costs can be easily recovered back from the ERP gantries over a few days, so no need to sweat it :D

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 10

5 hours ago, Lethalstrike said:

I've rather these people be put up in facilities where they cannot complain much. These coming back from the US & UK are extremely high risk. Moreover, majority are Singaporean citizens so let's give and take.

If we don't and allow them to go back and risk the spread to family members & the local communities, it will be even worse. That's a big price we cannot afford to pay at all. 

Having them in hotels serve to mitigate the battered tourists numbers as well. 1 stone kill 2 birds. It may be arguable that why spend so much of taxpayers money to house them in expensive hotels, but we had to understand that hotels already have systems well suited to support quarantine needs in place. Nice views are a bonus. Hotels have the excess capacity, and is the fastest and most effective way to house them at this moment. 

The reserved recovering facilities (government resorts, university hostels etc.) can be saved for those milder cases who are recovering from Covid-19. The beds in hospitals and NCID can thus be saved in anticipation for the spikes in severe cases. This I believe is already the current arrangement.

I don't want to argue much against the spending of taxpayers money to really ensure the collective well being of Singaporeans, it is the only right thing to do. These costs can be easily recovered back from the ERP gantries over a few days, so no need to sweat it :D

I totally agree. Welcoming our fellow citizens home even if they are unwell & to care for them for free in this crisis is the right thing to do.

It is really 2 birds with 1 stone. More hotel rooms are occupied, this keeping more jobs & the mildly unwell get to stay away from family and friend in an environment more liveable in a quarantine.  

For those who are unhappy about taxpayer’s money are used for this. Just be grateful we are not a welfare state where more taxpayers’ money are spend on ‘others’. 

• Praise 4

5 hours ago, Starry said:

Wah......those serving in their homes now can also apply for such rooms?

Then not bad what...just treat SHN as a staycation for the family for those serving in their homes now.

Is not apply, they cannot choose.. It is pre assign to them already. So is Heng sway type.. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
8 hours ago, Wt_know said:

before announce lockdown they should have setup road block

it’s the authority fault ... 

Nobody dare go Yishun?

• Haha! 2

Meals and laundry are free.  I think you still need to pay for lodging at discount rate.  

If you want extra meal, need to pay at discount rate of 30%

• Praise 3