COVID-19 II: 49 new COVID-19 cases in Singapore; Mustafa Centre among 3 new clusters identified (2 Apr)

Wildfaye29

Message added by kobayashiGT

4 minutes ago, Ho2786 said:

I am not greedy and I don't ask for much.

my wish is that when my turn to kenna comes

I will have a cosy hospital bed available for me

and pretty nurses to take care of me.

Hallelujah

That was what they promised my patients before they sent me over......  :D

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5

Dear All, I would like to appeal on the home coming of almost 200,000 Singaporeans.

Please understand most of them are fellow Singaporeans on studies, business etc. They are just like your next door neighbors' son, daughter  studying, working overseas to benefit Singapore in the long run directly./indirectly.

I am saddened by comments that said why let them come back...

IF one of them is your children/relative, will you think otherwise? I strongly doubt it. 

For your infor, the returning of the fellow Singaporeans are done in batches, a 2 weekly  basis. 

Numbers on the virus are not important. There's no point comparing, from situation of the countries , abilities and response capabilities. Singapore is a logistic, shipping and air hub. Te numbers of transit is at least 3 times that of Taiwan. It is not easy for a small yet populated nation. 

Please give our fellow Singaporeans coming back a chance to survive, and I really mean it especially those coming back from UK and US. 

• Praise 12

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, Silver_blade said:

I am not too sure if it is that straight forward. M’sia will probably need at least 1mths if not longer. Cos during the lockdown, there will be ppl who only show symptoms on the 5th-10th day of the lockdown or caught it from family member towards the end of the period...unless we tell everyone in the family to forget about precaution when they are among themselves so that those who hasn’t got the virus will catch it early during the lockdown. 

I feel if really need to lockdown and close borders, you will need 2 months for a good eradication.  1 month for stopping the spread and another month to monitor the decrease of cases to make sure there are no new increase again. If want to do, do it properly so that public confidence can be restored.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, yishunite said:

Cham. Yishun 😔

At least they finally give an uptodate total on unlinked (contact tracing ongoing) total: 71

Yishun gonna boom?

• Shocked 1

53 minutes ago, Philipkee said:

That was what they promised my patients before they sent me over......  :D

It's all about the presentation. 😁

lh235_2_1 (1).jpg

• Haha! 4

1 hour ago, Krieger said:

Dear all, to help our medical staffs, please do your best to protect yourself and pple ard you.  

please remember, we all are the frontline fighters , NOT the medical staffs. They are the last line of DEFENCE for the people and once they are breached, its over....

Totally agree with this statement. People on the street and in the community are people in the frontline.

18 minutes ago, Icedbs said:

I feel if really need to lockdown and close borders, you will need 2 months for a good eradication.  1 month for stopping the spread and another month to monitor the decrease of cases to make sure there are no new increase again. If want to do, do it properly so that public confidence can be restored.

Agree that at least 1 month is needed. I do hope after 1-2 mths of lockdowns, most people will have a job to return to. 

I know some are already planning how to spend the gov handouts stated in the 2 budgets announcement. I told them to better save it for rainy days or use it wisely locally...instead of on overseas online shops.  

• Praise 1

I have not done this for a long time, but today I decided that I would do it again. This has nothing to promote any religion of any kind, but purely my own personal believe. 

Since I have not done it for a long while, I shall start slow. From today I will be going on a full vegetarian diet for 30 days (might increase it to 49 days), and 2 times a day I will be chanting the Prajna Paramita Scripture  (般若波罗蜜多心经) 3 times each ( I will increase the numbers of repeats once I get back on it). 

And I will be transferring these merits  (回向) to all the staffs working in the hospitals, wishing them safe and health. 

Regardless of race or religion, I hope I can do a little something for these heroes, and this may be something small I can start with. Those who know what I am talking about, do consider doing it as well.  

Started on 14 March, which is day zero. Today is day 15 and half way hut. I am doing 5 times each in the morning and evening, and since I will be staying at home most of the time, I may add an afternoon session soon. 

However, instead of doing it for hospital staffs only, I have actually started with all HCWs, and wishing all our heroes safe and health...[grouphug]^_^[laugh]

• Praise 6

Turbocharged
15 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

Agree that at least 1 month is needed. I do hope after 1-2 mths of lockdowns, most people will have a job to return to. 

I know some are already planning how to spend the gov handouts stated in the 2 budgets announcement. I told them to better save it for rainy days or use it wisely locally...instead of on overseas online shops.  

For those that afford.. why not consider donating those sums of money/handouts  for the needy?  It will help many people tide over this difficult time..

Edited by BenTong
  • Praise 1

7 minutes ago, BenTong said:

For those that afford.. why not consider donating those sums of money/handouts  for the needy?  It will help many people tide over this difficult time..

I think few will donate to any needy whom they do not know personally. Cos some needy will use the money on vices and his family will still not benefit from the donation. Some of these ppl can even sell donated food to others at a huge discount and left their family to fend for themselves.

• Shocked 1

Turbocharged

Wow CNN host Fareed Zakaria just interviewed Sg PM Lee Hsien Loong on Covid-19 situation

@ 10:30 pm primetime segment....very interesting.. 

Edited by cashcow
  • Praise 3

40 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

It's all about the presentation. 😁

lh235_2_1 (1).jpg

That guy is lucky hospital did not request if they could send me instead. He will jump and demand an immediate discharge, after seeing a demon in nurse uniform coming at him.....[:p][laugh][laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5