Singapore healthcare is tok kong - 1st/2nd hand experience ⚠️

Mockngbrd

So now that it's been more than a week already, I can happily to report that we've had (or rather, my gf has had) first-hand experience of SG's super tok kong healthcare system.

Just last Monday, about +1 week after our return from Japan (we went before Japan cases boomzed) she developed a sore throat and because of social responsibility, went to see the doctor just before going to work.

But because of her travel history to Japan, at the clinic, she was immediately categorised as someone of high risk and was placed into an isolated waiting room. The Clinic also immediately called for an ambulance to send her to NCID as per SG protocol. All this was before she got tested. 

1735510296_WhatsAppImage2020-03-10at12_31_20PM.thumb.jpeg.babeb2eaed085def3951d793bca80500.jpeg

At NCID, she was given a GPS tag on her arm (so she cannot run away) and had to wait for her Xray. Everyone was spaced apart and most ppl were calm. She did complain everyone else around her was coughing. 

1447301238_WhatsAppImage2020-03-10at1_53_36PM.thumb.jpeg.f5272dc42d1993df6649d69c52410f58.jpeg953449194_WhatsAppImage2020-03-10at1_53_51PM.thumb.jpeg.5e28b6e5d7e31ab0f135873bfb79d4c4.jpeg

Unfortunately for her, the x-ray showed a bit of infection and she was immediately warded in an isolated private ward at TTSH where she needed to get tested for the wuhans, in order to be discharged, she needed to clear the test (I think) twice over 2-3 days before they will give her the all clear. The test was the only thing she complained about as they had to insert a long stick into her nose to get the swab sample. It took around 6 hours for the results to arrive. Through her stay, nurses and doctors will occasionally check in on her (in full protective gear) and with free Aircon,WIFI, TV and food, she really didn't mind it all too much. She had a nice view from her room too. There is a box in the wall where they put her food in and can only be opened from either side one at a time.

804124264_WhatsAppImage2020-03-12at8_16_36AM.thumb.jpeg.f191c8df9a77f30e93d589f17de82514.jpeg

665680304_WhatsAppImage2020-03-10at6_58_15PM.thumb.jpeg.5138660ca0d816d5a0a10c899aa74a39.jpeg

1159900327_WhatsAppImage2020-03-10at7_02_00PM.thumb.jpeg.16de3b37c62a8a2f54174f388b2f39ae.jpeg

She was allowed one single delivery from outside for her necessities for the next 2-3 days. BUT, I was not able to send it over as my travel history to Japan meant I was not allowed to step into the hospital at all. Even though I had no symptoms. Thus, I packed all her things and sent it to her brother/mother to deliver. Of course I did the "put bag down, spray disinfectant on it, then step away" delivery method.

After 2 nights, she cleared both test with no Covid detected and was given the all clear to be discharged. NCID ppl did her paperwork in the afternoon and she was out once she got some meds for her infection. All in, she paid $2.50 for her clinic visit (because of insurance, otherwise $10) and Gahmen paid for the rest of her hospital visit and test. We kept constant contact throughout her stay with watsapp and I guess she sort of enjoyed her "detox staycation". +1 week MC after her hospital stay. 

Her colleagues kpkb becos they all needed to go back office once she cleared. 

So yes, kudos to the SG medical system/team for being so thorough, efficient and too kong! For those who are unsure or who are scared of being tested or going to see doctor, hopefully, this can allay any fears you might have. 

+ Now that you've read this, pls give me thumbs up so I can get NTUC voucher to buy toilet paper. Thank you. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 48
  • Haha! 4

4 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

pap wan sui? all is FOC?

Pay for clinic visit $10 ($2.50 because she got insurance) 

• Praise 1

11 minutes ago, Wt_know said:

pap wan sui? all is FOC?

Yes. 

I stayed 2 days in february.

Eat the food sure lose weight. 

Edited by Lala81
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 4

So during the entire stay in the isolated private ward, patient is allow to use their hand phone right? I wonder even if the person is confirmed infected with covid-19, and when he/she is staying in the isolated room, also can use handphone?

• Praise 2

10 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

Yes. 

I stayed 2 days in february.

Eat the food sure lose weight. 

You also on suspected case back then?

We are the GOLD standard for Convid 19. 

In case no one realised, we have 0 death since the onset. And Singapore was one of the first countries to have infected cases since Jan. 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Soya said:

Still waiting for ah mock to say his famous line on MIW....

His gf can say “pap 万岁、I very 好吃好睡” 

• Praise 1

Just now, Watwheels said:

So can pcc in the ward or not? 

You can if u want. But it's really cold. U cant adjust the AC. 

I'm quite a veteran of such hospitalisations, so i brought my hoodie jacket before hand.
2 blankets.

• Praise 5

20 minutes ago, 13177 said:

So during the entire stay in the isolated private ward, patient is allow to use their hand phone right? I wonder even if the person is confirmed infected with covid-19, and when he/she is staying in the isolated room, also can use handphone?

Handphone can transmit Convid 19 virus or not?

• Haha! 1

7 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

So can pcc in the ward or not? 

Might have cctv looking at you.  Its logical to have it for nurses to monitor your condition 24/7

Just now, Jusnel said:

Might have cctv looking at you.  Its logical to have it for nurses to monitor your condition 24/7

Got window to corridor. Can if u want to show off.