COVID-19: Help Malaysian Workers

RickyWee

https://mothership.sg/2020/03/malaysian-sleeping-outdoors-kranji-mrt/

Sleeping outdoors

In a few photos posted to social media, Malaysian workers unable to find accommodation have been camping out at Kranji MRT.

The workers can be seen sleeping on mats on the cold, hard floor, outside the gates of the station.

Their minimal belongings are either piled next to them or used as makeshift pillows.

Kranji MRT is a common transit point between Singapore and Malaysia, as numerous bus services ferry workers from Kranji to Johor Bahru.

image.thumb.png.7665d4f22cd84b410b5aeb2067b37199.png

Singaporeans offering spare rooms

Some generous Singaporeans have taken to offering spaces for lodging in a bid to extend a helping hand to Malaysian workers.

Activist Gilbert Goh has been acting as a liaison between Singaporeans with spare rooms and affected workers.

In a few posts on his Facebook, Goh displayed offers of temporary housing.

Well done to Goh for forking out the time to helping those in need. We need to have more people like this, willing to help those who are in need during times like these.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged

Question...assuming the shutdown ends on 31 Mar as stated...wouldn't we lose these workers for 2 weeks because once they go back home to johor etc..they would have to serve quarantine back in MY?

Twincharged

First night my staff spent the night at my manager's place.

The next day, we managed to book ibis hotel in geylang for them.  6 staff,  3 rooms. Two weeks,  $3k.

Later then claim from govt. 

• Praise 2

Gov give away taxpayers money to companies only 

Like taxi phv...many drivers can't get

Now fifty daily allowance same thing happens

Booked hotel 81 room and everybody squeeze inside

Driving passed geylang Lorong...you can see flooded with Boleh Bikes

Our multi millionaire ideas all not working

Now asking all infected ones back is putting all our healthcare personal at risk plus flooding ICU might lead to bigger disaster

Receiving millions but TCSS cum NATO

Really disappointing

Still dare called themselves elites

Living too long inside ivory tower really lost touch with the ground

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

Come on lah. Who called for lockdown? Got give ppl time to react or not?

Now want so many things. Perform magic also need time and money to prepare beforehand. The boleh govt really not paiseh.

• Praise 2

Those malaysian who ride their JB plate in for 2 weeks, will they infringe the rules here?

Saw news that those Malaysian who cannot find lodging, they can go Jurong East sports hall.

Supersonic

This is the time for Singaporeans to show whether they have a heart or not; or you're just living only for your 5C's .

I guess most do, some may not have the means to offer. But some will criticize everything for the sake of criticism.

it is not these people fault, they were given no choice. Think about it, what would you do, if you were one of them ?

• Praise 4

23 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Those malaysian who ride their JB plate in for 2 weeks, will they infringe the rules here?

Saw news that those Malaysian who cannot find lodging, they can go Jurong East sports hall.

What rule?

3 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

First night my staff spent the night at my manager's place.

The next day, we managed to book ibis hotel in geylang for them.  6 staff,  3 rooms. Two weeks,  $3k.

Later then claim from govt. 

Well, some bosses not as good leh but I just don't understand why cannot at least let them sleep in office even if cannot find accomodation.

Put a tent outside office also better than sleep MRT right?

4 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Cannot sleep in office? Or corridor outside office?

MRT smell better? :gangs:

Not all work in office leh.

They may be cleaners. Sleeping in MRT better than rubbish area.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3