COVID-19: Lawrence Wong, Gan Kim Yong & the Multi-Ministry Taskforce

StreetFight3r

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/exhausted-dutch-minister-leading-coronavirus-fight-quits-12558254

global-entrepreneurship-summit-2019--ges-2019--3.jpg.e3f5513e61d2a95c939bdc7ac7e34d0e.jpg

AMSTERDAM: The minister leading the Dutch government's fight against the coronavirus resigned on Thursday (Mar 19), a day after collapsing from exhaustion during a parliamentary debate on the epidemic.

Medical Care Minister Bruno Bruins, 56, fell to the floor in parliament on Wednesday while taking questions. He said he had fainted after weeks of intense work.

Bruins had indicated on Wednesday that he intended to return to work.

"I felt faint from exhaustion and several intense weeks of work. I am now feeling better. I'm going home now to rest tonight so I can get back to work tomorrow to fight the #corona crisis as best I can," Bruins had said on social media.

Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte said Bruins had quit because it was unclear how long it would take for him to recover.

"The nature of the crisis is such that it demands a minister who can be ready to go full throttle immediately," Rutte said during a televised news conference.

Vice Prime Minister Hugo de Jonge will take over Bruins' duties until a replacement is found, the government said.

Not meant to be a political thread. but just want to give thanks to the man in charge of overseeing the situation in sg.

The face of COVID-19 in Sg is that of National Development Minister Lawrence Wong. Maybe nt noticed by many before the task force was setup, surely well noticed by all now. Not an easy task to be the one delivering all the bad news every day. From dorscon orange, to the panic buying situation, to announcing all the new travel advisories, pleading with sgreans not to go overseas this period, taking questions from the press, being asked tough questions like will sg be seeing triple figures soon since 47 cases recorded, still kept a calm face throughout. speaks well, good english, measured response. stil cannot escape from all the negative responses from public saying wayang etc but majority of sgreans dont thinklike that...

lawrence wong has been seen as the main person overseeing all the press conferences instead of our health minister. sai gang warrior. i give credit where credit is due. it is a stressful job this period. wish him best of health.

http://theindependent.sg/lawrence-wong-gets-high-marks-from-netizens-for-coronavirus-crisis-response/

Screen-Shot-2020-03-18-at-11_45.44-AM.thumb.png.cad0fbdf9d546cc804fb5cc4f9510ee3.png

Singapore— National Development Minister Lawrence Wong, who co-chairs a multi-ministry task force specially formed to combat the coronavirus outbreak, has quietly been winning over many Singaporeans for how he has handled the crisis, with even normally critical netizens calling him “nuanced,” “measured,” and “better than the rest of the team.” People have even noted how the tech-savvy minister uses his smartphone as a tool during press conferences.

Some have even called for him to be the next Deputy Prime Minister, and there are those who have compared other ministers to Mr Wong quite unfavourably.

Screen-Shot-2020-03-18-at-11_18.43-AM.png.2ec8420c7dd2b074ab63fc5b0444948f.png

Screen-Shot-2020-03-18-at-10_27.30-AM.png.81d05c0fe46d4cc8a3c23311a9c377e9.pngScreen-Shot-2020-03-18-at-10_41.11-AM.png.755946172f75c4f95c44f22876e1c16d.png

Screen-Shot-2020-03-18-at-10_41.25-AM.png.695e5b7b4255bb0fd25010160d5b2e4a.png

Screen-Shot-2020-03-18-at-11_20.49-AM.png.01d1edf2efee104b23036a101478c28d.png

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 22

It is never easy to lead and be the spoke person during a crisis. People will find thousand and one wrong on what you do or say. Yes, as a nation, we must work together.  This is not the time to split hairs. If got constructive suggestions,  please say and let other judge you. That is my take.

• Praise 12

they are paid millions of taxpayers money

if no stress and easy

then everyone can be multi millionaire

serving nation vs millions

my 2ml worth of Ron 92

Stay healthy all my fellow mcfers 

Edited by Inlinefour
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

They are doing their job. It's a make or break for them. If one of them failed someone will quietly take over.... like the current speaker of parliament. 

• Haha! 1

Must say that Lawrence Wong seems to hv stepped up to the task reasonably well. He seems measured in his approach, calm, thoughtful in his process thinking etc.

On the flip side and this is not a criticism but my personal observation, The Health Minister and his Minister of State Gan Kim Yong and Lam Pin Min respectively don't fill me with much confidence. maybe it's their persona?

For Gan, his statement that we could possibly go back to Dorscon Yellow from Orange when the World has more cases is baffling to say the least. For Lam, I can never forget his pic/post on the warehouse full of masks during the early days of the outbreak.

I suppose it's only human to remember gaffes. Anyway agree with TS that let's hold hands to overcome this virus and stay united[thumbsup]

• Praise 11
  • Haha! 3

2 minutes ago, Spring said:

Must say that Lawrence Wong seems to hv stepped up to the task reasonably well. He seems measured in his approach, calm, thoughtful in his process thinking etc.

On the flip side and this is not a criticism but my personal observation, The Health Minister and his Minister of State Gan Kim Yong and Lam Pin Min respectively don't fill me with much confidence. maybe it's their persona?

For Gan, his statement that we could possibly go back to Dorscon Yellow from Orange when the World has more cases is baffling to say the least. For Lam, I can never forget his pic/post on the warehouse full of masks during the early days of the outbreak.

I suppose it's only human to remember gaffes. Anyway agree with TS that let's hold hands to overcome this virus and stay united[thumbsup]

Pls hor covid NO HOLDING HANDS

CLOSE RANKS ok😂😂

• Haha! 7

Dutch dont get over 1Million celery . If he has , maybe different story liao. 😁 

SG is just a small dot .. u try doing the same for Dutch lady 😁

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

9 minutes ago, Spring said:

Gan Lam team 😅

• Haha! 7

Isn't our ministers trained to rotate their duties?

I think it's about time the rotation kicks in.

See, no need smart brain to think of this :grin:

Let me say ... the NCID for the swap test setup is a faking  stupid idea . The person who think of that shld be spanked. 

You had all the High Risk people hundreds of them gather at the door queuing for hours under the hot weather .  

There is a safer way ... and simple way . But all these dick head dont even bother to think. All just sit in their director chairs point fingers and arrow people. At the end ... do a swap test just for show and going thru the motion. 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Windwaver said:

Isn't our ministers trained to rotate their duties?

I think it's about time the rotation kicks in.

See, no need smart brain to think of this :grin:

Just to add, how much is Minister Bruno Bruins earning? :=B:

• Haha! 1

16 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

They are doing their job. It's a make or break for them. If one of them failed someone will quietly take over.... like the current speaker of parliament. 

Yup on d1 LHL prolly drag them all to meeting and say: here is your chance to shine as 4g leader

So far Lawrence Wong done well give him A

GKY: B+ ... mainly benefit from grading on curve since rest of the world totally f*d up 😅

HSK: B- no idea what hes doing hes pretty quiet for pm-in-waiting... he may go to A or sink to C depending on what the next budget measures are announce

CCS: C- (not quite sia suay level yet) 🤣

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 4

31 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

I think GKY will be quietly sidelined and replaced.  He IS the MINISTER of HEALTH after all.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

13 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Yup on d1 LHL prolly drag them all to meeting and say: here is your chance to shine as 4g leader

So far Lawrence Wong done well give him A

GKY: B+ ... mainly benefit from grading on curve since rest of the world totally f*d up 😅

HSK: B- no idea what hes doing hes pretty quiet for pm-in-waiting... he may go to A or sink to C depending on what the next budget measures are announce

CCS: C- (not quite sia suay level yet) 🤣

https://www.moh.gov.sg/docs/librariesprovider5/default-document-library/multi-ministry-taskforce-on-wuhan-coronavirus-and-tor---final.pdf
The task force is headed by Lawrence Wong & Gan Kim Yong.

HSK - Advisor

CCS - Member

37 minutes ago, Spring said:

I thought this is a task force and MOH is part of the team, who is leading the team? maybe GKY not in position to commamd other ministries in the exercise?

↡ Advertisement