COVID-19: Lawrence Wong, Gan Kim Yong & the Multi-Ministry Taskforce

StreetFight3r

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, Theoldjaffa said:

LW seems to have aged a lot

But hair still jet black, and piled thick. Blacker than mine. Why uncles of that generation all must dye hair until so unnaturally solid black? Quite a few ministar like that.

Even my dongbei darling tell me to choose a slight hint of brown , not total black , which looks fake.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
41 minutes ago, yishunite said:

Not disagreeing with u but i somehow think the strategy to balance between economy and containment is beyond his paygrade and someone else decided that for him but he bo pian have to work with those condition

That's the difference between good and great.  A good employee will deliver his boss expectations. . A great one will deliver beyond. 

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

But hair still jet black, and piled thick. Blacker than mine. Why uncles of that generation all must dye hair until so unnaturally solid black? Quite a few ministar like that.

Even my dongbei darling tell me to choose a slight hint of brown , not total black , which looks fake.

Else what?  Matt black?  😂 

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Sosaria said:

Most asians don’t have brown hair.

black is not fake.

brown or blonde then fake :grin: 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
21 minutes ago, Theoldjaffa said:

Most asians don’t have brown hair.

black is not fake.

brown or blonde then fake :grin: 

Means not 100% black, but one or two shades reduction , look more realistic. Young lady feedback ... 🤣

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
5 hours ago, Icedbs said:

Sorry, I don't share the same sentiment.

He is doing a good job with his team of very capable people supporting him.  But to be great, a minister need to have foresight, guts and no fear in coming out with painful policies but could protect our public health. Empathy comes first, not economy, not what WHO says, not what his peers tell him.

The infected cases are going into double digits since last week and people are dying. If a minister is great, he would have prevented that. 

He is a good minister, he does a good job in reporting and trying to contain the cases,  and no doubt he is going to get some good recognition for his effort at the end of this crisis.  I certainly like him.   But a great job?  That's still very far off in my opinion and I am just being objective.

TCB would have being able to prevent them from dying. He’s a doctor after all.. 😬🏃‍♂🏃‍♂🏃‍♂🏃‍♂

Anyway who are we to judge? Max we have is 1 vote.. 

Edited by BenTong

Turbocharged
13 hours ago, Ody_2004 said:

In a way most of these are imported cases.. where SCPR/work permit holder return home.. of cos some may belong to non essential travel groups.. and the children of Singapore are on their way back so I am prepared for a higher number of imported case.

Under such situation I don't think or believe any minister/minister to be can prevent all these.. I not saying he is good but things can get worse..

Minister/govt can do very drastic things even stop all travel but if citizen or people in this island still don't follow advisory it is not going to help much.. For example the TraceTogether app.. if most install it will lightened some burden on the contact tracing team especially is we expect the figure to grow.. question is how many did install?

let's all play our play to get over this.

I agree that things could be far worse if they are incompetent. But I cannot agree that  the current spread is not preventable.

China gave the world a template  and a headstart of how serious this virus is.  The world , including WHO downplayed it from the start and treat it like as if it is a China problem only. 

There are many strict measures we could have done from the start of the spread, but we did not. Even now some of the measures were lukewarm at best.

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged
32 minutes ago, Icedbs said:

I agree that things could be far worse if they are incompetent. But I cannot agree that  the current spread is not preventable.

China gave the world a template  and a headstart of how serious this virus is.  The world , including WHO downplayed it from the start and treat it like as if it is a China problem only. 

There are many strict measures we could have done from the start of the spread, but we did not. Even now some of the measures were lukewarm at best.

No choice, as most if not all govts are business-centric. Even till now. But for practical reason. No point going to extremes if avoidable, as it will devastate the economy and leave survivors jobless. Govts are trying to do the 20% that will bring in 80% effectiveness.

Edited by Sosaria
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged
5 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

No choice, as most if not all govts are business-centric. Even till now. But for practical reason. No point going to extremes if avoidable, as it will devastate the economy and leave survivors jobless.

When they place priority in  balancing economy and public health during a serious virus outbreak, chances is, they will lose both

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 1

Just now, Icedbs said:

When they place priority in  balancing economy and public health during a virus outbreak, chances is, they will lose both

Yup trying to be too clever think they can play god

This situation is stressful for ALL leaders in the world. They signed up for this and they are just doing their job in which they are very well remunerated. Simi cannot say bad thing, what a joke....

• Praise 5

Turbocharged
1 hour ago, yishunite said:

Yup trying to be too clever think they can play god

Question one will have to ask.. what would God do? 

1 hour ago, BenTong said:

Question one will have to ask.. what would God do? 

From the way the virus kills old ppl god is culling boomers? #boomerremover

↡ Advertisement