COVID-19: Lawrence Wong, Gan Kim Yong & the Multi-Ministry Taskforce

StreetFight3r

1 hour ago, Tianmo said:

it is easy to just announce a full lock down, but you lock down only when either the gov is not prepared to handle it, the citizens are not listening to the gov, gov at a lost of what to do, or the situation has gotten out of hand.  Then you just lock it down, buy time and wait and see. 

Can a 14 days lock down win the battle against the virus? If not, how many more 14 days cycles would be required? If you are a small country with no own supplies, and you lock down with no supplies coming in, how many 14 days cycle can you last? 

Bear in mind that how fast your economy recovers depend on how badly you are hit when the game ends, the worst hit recover the slowest and the least hit recover the fastest. 

Like it or not, call it whatever, we are already tightening the whole damn thing, it is in reality a soft lock down, and the slower we can do it, the faster we can recover when the tide turn ard, and the faster we can get our life back. 

If we look closer at what is happening, we are already getting tighter and tighter. Count ourselves lucky that we are now able to start with once a week HBL, and then it will go up to 2 days as things worsen or as schools and students settle down with the once a week HBL. By the time it goes above 3 days HBL a week, it means a full lock down is not too far away, but by then we will all be quite prepared for it and the battle might be ending and the world might start to recover. 

Will we recover faster? Nobody knows, but we stand a better chance if we can cushion the weight and spread it out a little better. 

So look far, and then look near. There is always an easy way out, but it could cost a dear lot later on. Nobody wants to do things the hard way, but if that's where the reward will be later, then we will have to do it the hard way. 

When we are not in charge, and when we are not answerable for acts, its always easy to shout out the easy way.

Be happy that we are blessed to be able to stretch things out this far. How many countries out there can do things the same way?[laugh][laugh][laugh]

After 14 days or 28 days lockdown, a lot of ppl need to line up at IMH.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 5

I think it is not easy to be in a wuhan-style lockdown. Some may go crazy. 

I 'locked' myself in my rented studio apartment (I do walked out to throw rubbish daily), for 9 days, to complete my final year project and I was already going mad. I tot I heard music and voice in my head. 😨 So I quickly dropped everything and went to the supermarket 😀

• Haha! 5

If locked inside a 5* hotel still not so bad even if not leaving the room. But boredom kick in after 4-5 days as you have no one to talk to except some objects like the wall, table lamp, characters in the TV program, or maybe toilet bowl if you prefer. 

2 weeks is enough to go IMH for some review [sweatdrop]

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supercharged
1 hour ago, inlinesix said:

After 14 days or 28 days lockdown, a lot of ppl need to line up at IMH.

I dun mind lo........since  most people may not have spend enough quality family time together due to work and biz travel, I think this 14 or 28 days is a good compensation time to  appreciate the family!

Edited by Starry
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
3 hours ago, Tianmo said:

it is easy to just announce a full lock down, but you lock down only when either the gov is not prepared to handle it, the citizens are not listening to the gov, gov at a lost of what to do, or the situation has gotten out of hand.  Then you just lock it down, buy time and wait and see. 

Can a 14 days lock down win the battle against the virus? If not, how many more 14 days cycles would be required? If you are a small country with no own supplies, and you lock down with no supplies coming in, how many 14 days cycle can you last? 

Bear in mind that how fast your economy recovers depend on how badly you are hit when the game ends, the worst hit recover the slowest and the least hit recover the fastest. 

Like it or not, call it whatever, we are already tightening the whole damn thing, it is in reality a soft lock down, and the slower we can do it, the faster we can recover when the tide turn ard, and the faster we can get our life back. 

If we look closer at what is happening, we are already getting tighter and tighter. Count ourselves lucky that we are now able to start with once a week HBL, and then it will go up to 2 days as things worsen or as schools and students settle down with the once a week HBL. By the time it goes above 3 days HBL a week, it means a full lock down is not too far away, but by then we will all be quite prepared for it and the battle might be ending and the world might start to recover. 

Will we recover faster? Nobody knows, but we stand a better chance if we can cushion the weight and spread it out a little better. 

So look far, and then look near. There is always an easy way out, but it could cost a dear lot later on. Nobody wants to do things the hard way, but if that's where the reward will be later, then we will have to do it the hard way. 

When we are not in charge, and when we are not answerable for acts, its always easy to shout out the easy way.

Be happy that we are blessed to be able to stretch things out this far. How many countries out there can do things the same way?[laugh][laugh][laugh]

If people listened and stayed at home more often, do takeaways, practice safe social distancing, take initiatives, we wouldn't even have to have any of these soft lockdowns. Even now, people are not afraid. Complacency has set in among the general population. Quite saddening to watch. We were in control once, we're close to losing it now. And in my opinion, it's no fault of the government. It's us. Instead of blaming the government all the time, we really ought to look at ourselves and ask where did we go wrong? Look at social media now, everyone's blaming the gov. "Why don't lockdown?" Why are we such a nanny state? We need our gov to cue us complete lockdown before we realise its serious shit now? 

• Praise 8

Internal Moderator

And it's pretty funny. Gov say need to limit number of shoppers in shopping malls. So what happens next? Everyone queue lor. No matter how many people or whether got social distance or not, just queue. Really? Are we really so fond or queuing? The point of limiting shoppers is also indirectly meant to cause inconvenience to people from going to malls unless it's to purchase essentials, not to queue up and cause a bottleneck outside. Why do we have students going to malls, why do we have old uncles and aunties and lots of young people going to malls still? If the school is such an unsafe place now and should be closed, why do we have so many students at malls? Shouldn't they be rushing home straight after school instead of congregating in a packed mall? 

I go out once a week or bi-weekly to buy my necessities and its a quick run. Other than that it's strictly work home work home. I don't want to destroy the entire system that's working to keep Singapore safe. If only the sensible voices here speak for all Singaporeans. 😔 I'm disappointed and sad. I wish our Doctors, Nurses well. 

• Praise 5

3 hours ago, Tianmo said:

LIke what Ah Trump said?

We Can't Have the Cure Be Worse Than the Problem

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Turbocharged
6 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

And it's pretty funny. Gov say need to limit number of shoppers in shopping malls. So what happens next? Everyone queue lor. No matter how many people or whether got social distance or not, just queue. Really? Are we really so fond or queuing? The point of limiting shoppers is also indirectly meant to cause inconvenience to people from going to malls unless it's to purchase essentials, not to queue up and cause a bottleneck outside. Why do we have students going to malls, why do we have old uncles and aunties and lots of young people going to malls still? If the school is such an unsafe place now and should be closed, why do we have so many students at malls? Shouldn't they be rushing home straight after school instead of congregating in a packed mall? 

I go out once a week or bi-weekly to buy my necessities and its a quick run. Other than that it's strictly work home work home. I don't want to destroy the entire system that's working to keep Singapore safe. If only the sensible voices here speak for all Singaporeans. 😔 I'm disappointed and sad. I wish our Doctors, Nurses well. 

for me, I have enrichment classes for kids on weekends. Now, yesterday just went out for lunch to tabao. Dinner cook at home. Mario 

party at night, 4 player family.

everyone just need to stay at home unless for work. If we do, those people who cannot work from home can continue to work. 

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

The problem with this virus is that the risk to the individual is not high, as in even now, logically, people will think even I go out, the chance of getting the virus is probably less than 0.1%. Even if I get it, the chance of dying is not high. Which is actually true.

Unfortunately, this low chance of getting it will overwhelm the healthcare system. It is more like staying at home for the collective good and not add your low chance to the total. 

But each and everyone stayhome effort contribute only a little to the fight, ie if I do the right thing and limit my own movements, it is just a drop in the water... basically, the majority have to do the same for it to take effect. 

As long as we can limit the Ro to below 1, work can continue and the economic impact is not that high. Its about sacrificing each of our individual freedom and leisure so that everyone can continue to work and earn money. 

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 2

On 3/28/2020 at 9:47 PM, Mustank said:

If quarantine is this one 

one year also go a lot of do :XD:

32261622-44C8-4DEC-A2F7-B3D89DD67E0C.jpeg

confirm pcc nobody can see

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1