COVID-19: Singapore Airlines slashes 96% of capacity, grounds most planes

Yamapi

25 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

I think it may be a lot worse than the past few economic crisis. The economy was already limping cos of the trade world before the COVID-19 hit the world. 

But seems like never see a great impact in sg yet? Except tourism, retails and eatery. People here still buying expensive item like car and property? Lol.

↡ Advertisement

3 minutes ago, 13177 said:

But seems like never see a great impact in sg yet? Except tourism, retails and eatery. People here still buying expensive item like car and property? Lol.

Slowly but impact will come. Typically Shares drop, then Business Drop, then Jobs Lost, then COE/Car prices drop, and last to drop is property.

So next few months correct action will be Buy Car, then property, then shares.  Provided didn't kena killed by the virus financially and literally.

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 3

12 minutes ago, 13177 said:

I think the writing is already on the wall but many of us are either in denial or think it will hit many others but not us 😃

• Praise 3
  • Haha! 2

41 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Maybe some are buying with no loan. They been waiting for this opportunity since things are cheaper now😝 

Edited by Ginyu
  • Praise 2

27 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

I think the writing is already on the wall but many of us are either in denial or think it will hit many others but not us 😃

The Edge Magazine and their recent issues mention Singapore property is like safe haven in bad times such as now. Moreover they highlighted that recent launches such as the EC at Canberra in Sembawang still see healthy response. I am not too sure if they are trying to talk up the market or not.

https://www.edgeprop.sg/amp/property-news/survey-property-seekers-still-keen-despite-covid-19-1

Edited by No_worries

4 hours ago, Mockngbrd said:

if SQ gg, den the rest of the World's airlines confirm gone case. 

Emirates grounded 100%.

Small benefit of both SQ and EK is there is a government and wealth fund behind that can do some work. For the likes of AF/KL & Virgin, days could be numbered - maybe the Jho Low money can save MH.

22 minutes ago, Ginyu said:

Maybe some are buying with no loan. They been waiting for this opportunity since things are cheaper now😝 

Even with no loan but isnt it now better to have more cash on hand? Lol. Unless the person is millionaire then no need to say.

Turbocharged

Anyway, enjoy the crisis while it lasts - low fuel prices, empty shopping malls, free parking. stock mkt crash - good time to catch some blue chips at all time low, property mkt crash - excellent opportunity to buy or bid for repossessed units.

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, No_worries said:

The Edge Magazine and their recent issues mention Singapore property is like safe haven in bad times such as now. Moreover they highlighted that recent launches such as the EC at Canberra in Sembawang still see healthy response. I am not too sure if they are trying to talk up the market or not.

https://www.edgeprop.sg/amp/property-news/survey-property-seekers-still-keen-despite-covid-19-1

There will have lag in these market to burst.. So now still look very rosy.. Wait the lag time hit property market.. = gg

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Got $ power, can buy anything lah. No problem

4 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

There will have lag in these market to burst.. So now still look very rosy.. Wait the lag time hit property market.. = gg

Yes property market has the long lag. But when it gets there, the problem basically is sibei zeng becos most people buy with speculative income. 

1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

Slowly but impact will come. Typically Shares drop, then Business Drop, then Jobs Lost, then COE/Car prices drop, and last to drop is property.

So next few months correct action will be Buy Car, then property, then shares.  Provided didn't kena killed by the virus financially and literally.

No lah, Wind30 say nothing will happen, the other industries still huat leh

Turbocharged
26 minutes ago, Yewheng said:

I am more worry about share buy back for banks in Singapore.. Its not a good sign..

https://www.businesstimes.com.sg/banking-finance/singapore-banks-show-voracious-appetite-in-buying-back-shares

Hope mas to step in on the share buy back thing.. 

My guru @Jamesc also said when banks n big corporations do such daily buy backs,

It's buy buy buy bye bye

:D

• Haha! 3

1 minute ago, cashcow said:

My guru @Jamesc also said when banks n big corporations do such daily buy backs,

It's buy buy buy bye bye

:D

Really not a good sign.. 

Very troubling...

• Praise 2

1 hour ago, No_worries said:

Safe haven?

Something which requires Leverage big big is safe haven?

Lan Jiao is safe haven.

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Even with no loan but isnt it now better to have more cash on hand? Lol. Unless the person is millionaire then no need to say.

Had the impression that one need to be a millionaire so can afford  to purchase those recent property launch costing more than a million at least.   Dont tell me peasants can also afford to buy ah? 🤣

↡ Advertisement