I was in Taiwan when Europe went cray cray

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator

A week-ish after my Bali trip, I traveled to Taipei! During that period Taiwan had about 40ish COVID-19 cases and Singapore probably had double that. So here's my Taiwan travelog for everyone stuck in Singapore now! 🤩

Bought 4 bottles of Lifebuoy hand sanitizers from Changi Airport just because I wanted the red and blue bottle bottle. Lots of stock here. This was during the period Singapore had a shortage of hand sanitizers. Now it's mostly back in stores.

IMG_20200304_001154.thumb.jpg.eda631cd0cd4bb36a91f6dae4790b0a2.jpg

Took a Scoot flight, maybe about 60% to 70% filled? 

IMG_20200304_004854.jpg.c7c936d181f7d55c51f710bb19347227.jpg

IMG_20200304_004909.thumb.jpg.f94966def94644b0c42b8b49129e0596.jpg

4 hours of uneventful flight time, thankfully. Arrived in Taoyuan Airport at around 5.30am. 

Immediately you are reminded of COVID-19. You feel the seriousness in the air as compared to Bali Airport. There's three stations to pass. First one, you are required to hand in your COVID-19 Declaration form to the CDC staff. Visitors are also reminded to put on a mask at all times for the next 14 days and monitor your health condition.

There is also a police officer stationed there. Not sure why but he seem like he was looking out for potential COVID-19 symptoms. Right after this will be temperature taking. Third station will be thermal screening.

IMG_20200304_053354.thumb.jpg.404e80a880e6a42e59e23edcd02769ed.jpg

IMG_20200304_053419.thumb.jpg.e07a0df96c0a3f83acffa78c7fed3302.jpg

Right up till this stage, you feel like the Taiwanese are taking this a little more serious than our measures in Changi Airport, although thermal screening is still the primary defence. 

Temperature was a cool 20 degrees then. After luggage collection, realised that Feigo Bus is no longer in service!? Change of plan took the train to Taipei Main Station and to Ximending.

IMG_20200304_054659.thumb.jpg.d191e1f9dc2f3a812c8b9e7ed79dfa08.jpg

Stayed at Hotel Puri Ximending. Super convenient location at it's just right across Exit 6 of XMD. Spent the next two hours catching toys on the claw machines. Not me. My friends. 😤

IMG_20200304_092510.thumb.jpg.40fbb7375dd2230c3392b2fa8168d969.jpg

Finally some street stalls at 9am ish! My favorite to have whenever I'm in Taiwan! Poor them had to push their carts away when the police came. Although you really gotta give it to the Taiwanese police. They gave ample warning to these food cart owners.

IMG_20200304_093106.thumb.jpg.be677dd47f1c6f92f560c83dc5783acb.jpgIMG_20200304_093825.thumb.jpg.93ad2a1bf882229dfeea14e3208e865c.jpgIMG_20200304_101520.thumb.jpg.3e1f07fe08b13f98fc5dba855397f3dd.jpg

Ending my update here. Will update when I have time. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 13

4 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Finally some street stalls at 9am ish! My favorite to have whenever I'm in Taiwan! Poor them had to push their carts away when the police came. Although you really gotta give it to the Taiwanese police. They gave ample warning to these food cart owners.

IMG_20200304_093106.thumb.jpg.be677dd47f1c6f92f560c83dc5783acb.jpg

Ending my update here. Will be back soon!

duno why but always the 蛋餅 stall have to run, the rest no need [laugh]

Thanks for sharing!

Missed TW, haven't been there for several years. Also missed the great food there - Host shabu, Orange shabu and wulao.

• Praise 1

Well... ordinarily I would be frowning, but heck, Taiwan is almost certainly safer than Singapore right now. 😂

Taiwanese have more to worry from you going there. 🤣

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Thought govt is threatening repercussions against those who travel? 

Or u are back liao.

Edited by Lala81

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Well... ordinarily I would be frowning, but heck, Taiwan is almost certainly safer than Singapore right now. 😂

Taiwanese have more to worry from you going there. 🤣

This was sometime back. Early March before all these restrictions and worsening conditions. Taiwan was even safer then. 

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, Lala81 said:

Thought govt is threatening repercussions against those who travel? 

Or u are back liao.

Yeap this was first week of March. If I travel now it would be too irresponsible of me. 

8 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Yeap this was first week of March. If I travel now it would be too irresponsible of me. 

I thought TW lockdown to all international visitors? Too many restrictions, can't keep track.

21 minutes ago, Lala81 said:

I thought TW lockdown to all international visitors? Too many restrictions, can't keep track.

Now locked down cannot go anymore. Even if you are willing to be quarantined. 

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

Nope when I went there was no lockdown alamak. I went first week of March. If not how I get in? Haha. 

Hypersonic

wah... mcf need to employ storeman or not?

i also wanna have high salary, have so much leave and freedom to travel every month... no should be weekly

😬🤣

Edited by Enye

4 hours ago, BabyBlade said:

This was sometime back. Early March before all these restrictions and worsening conditions. Taiwan was even safer then. 

Worked there during my younger days. Back then, they are already more advance technologically wise compared to Singapore.

Taiwanese girls also quite daring to go after males they like :inlove:(pass slips of paper)

Singapore males are considered AA class :grin:

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged

Early March or not...Stilll...I feel it is a calculated risk especially it was orange already sometime back...esp you went globe-trotting in Bali and Taiwan....not so much of Taiwan being a safe place but more of along the way at the airpork not so sure what kind of dubious characters you are going to meet...and their state of health...you might meet agents of covid...[laugh]

I wouldn't have the guts to travel after Chinese New Year in fact but that's just me....[:p]

• Praise 5

Internal Moderator
11 hours ago, Enye said:

wah... mcf need to employ storeman or not?

i also wanna have high salary, have so much leave and freedom to travel every month... no should be weekly

😬🤣

We would if we have things to store. Online platform store what? Hahaha. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1