Jump to content
kobayashiGT

Senior pet dog in S’pore put to sleep just as dog welfare group offered to care for it

Recommended Posts

Senior pet dog in S’pore put to sleep just as dog welfare group offered to care for it

source: https://mothership.sg/2020/03/singapore-senior-dog-put-down/

Quote

The group was not happy euthanasia was carried out with haste by the dog owner.

dog-put-down-chained-dog-awareness-in-si

A senior pet dog in Singapore has been put to sleep on Monday, March 23, at 11:15am, merely a day after help to treat it was desperately offered by a local dog welfare group.

Details of the incident was put up on Facebook by the dog welfare group, Chained Dog Awareness in Singapore.

 

According to the post, the dog was at least eight years old and allegedly very sick, according to neighours of the household that kept the dog who had witnessed its condition over a period of time.

The dog was witnessed to have been dragging its feet and barking a lot, but otherwise, had a good appetite.

The dog apparently belonged to the wife of the man that was approached by the dog welfare group with an offer to help the dog seek veterinary treatment.

What allegedly happened

At least three people made their way to the dog owner’s place on Sunday, March 22 at about 11.30am, to negotiate for the dog to be taken to a vet to be treated for its ailment.

However, after the first initial conversation, the dog owner became unresponsive to messages.

A contact number belonging to one of the individuals from Chained Dog Awareness in Singapore was left with the neighbour of the household that owned the dog, so that the dog welfare group could still be reached subsequently.

Euthanised suddenly

On Sunday night, the dog’s owner called the number and agreed to meet on Monday afternoon to discuss his dog’s welfare.

A WhatsApp text was sent to the dog owner on Monday morning at 930am to confirm the meeting was going ahead.

The dog owner replied and was thankful for the reminder.

However, two hours later, the dog owner replied and said the dog had been put to sleep and sent an accompanying vet report of the euthanasia procedure.

The owner said it his text the dog was 14.5 years, which was vastly older than the eight years old age previously mentioned by the dog welfare group in its post.

The owner also apparently explained in the text message about why the dog was put down: “My dog is healthy but too old already.”

Responses

The recounting of what happened has elicited strong reactions from dog lovers in Singapore, who are angry that the dog was put down suddenly.

They are also perturbed that the dog owner sent a message post-euthanasia that said, “Hope solve the problem”.

Anger was also reserved for the animal clinic that put down the dog, as the animal appeared to have been put down in haste.

Quote

I am a dog owner myself and I have experience twice the death of my dogs. I don't think it is fair to euthanasia them. They maybe old, they may be weak, they may not listen to commands like they used to. But afterall, they are still family. All they want is your companion. Maybe just a pat or rub on thier tummy after you come back home. Like you wish for a hug from your loved ones. So please please. Please don't play a role of a god and decide who to live. 🙏

 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

This is really sad. 

Ya man. They never get a chance to choose to come to this world. And now they are forced to leave this world. This is unfair.

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kobayashiGT said:

Ya man. They never get a chance to choose to come to this world. And now they are forced to leave this world. This is unfair.

This is the part I do not understand what the owner was thinking. Why not let others take over the responsibility to care for the dog? Maybe he was afraid that the vet will find evidence of abuse, etc.

  • Praise 1
  • Sad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Silver_blade said:

This is the part I do not understand what the owner was thinking. Why not let others take over the responsibility to care for the dog? Maybe he was afraid that the vet will find evidence of abuse, etc.

I seldom say this, but I hope the owner will get his karma!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I seldom say this, but I hope the owner will get his karma!

If only that was true in the banking world, you will see a lot of Senior leaders having karma from curses of those that was retrenched

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sdf4786k said:

If only that was true in the banking world, you will see a lot of Senior leaders having karma from curses of those that was retrenched

well. this is a dog eat dog world afterall. 😣 sad but true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Cannot believe the dog owner is a pastor of a church! [mad]  Even the owner is not a pastor, it is also very wrong for people to treat a dog like this. How could they can do such thing?

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 2
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

well. this is a dog eat dog world afterall. 😣 sad but true.

But in reality its Man eats dog world;   We seem to have the entitlement in everything to do with others..... RIP to the poor dog    

  • Praise 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

But in reality its Man eats dog world;   We seem to have the entitlement in everything to do with others..... RIP to the poor dog    

@Sdf4786k is refering to the banking world. hahah.

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let alone a dog, even for humans, the elderly, what I personally experienced, the hospital kept asking us to prepare for the death when the patient could still walk and talk. Asked them to remove the mucus from the throat, they refused to. Singapore hospitals seem more interested in making money form medical tourism. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

@Sdf4786k is refering to the banking world. hahah.

.....ooops thats me......  BankCoe with my ever loyal kustomer @Angcheek many many $$ hor.... U interested??  Interest always guaranteed 💪 , principle ...... think about it as a very long term retirement plan       🤣

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Feel very sad.

But if we look at it from another angle. Maybe these dog awareness ppl need to rethink their approach.

Some owner are very repelsive when u tell them they are not treating their dogs well.

Unless u got concret evidence the dog is mistreated if not better dun go around telling ppl u offer to take their dogs in unless they request for it first.

U might have reverse effect. 

  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Beregond said:

Feel very sad.

But if we look at it from another angle. Maybe these dog awareness ppl need to rethink their approach.

Some owner are very repelsive when u tell them they are not treating their dogs well.

Unless u got concret evidence the dog is mistreated if not better dun go around telling ppl u offer to take their dogs in unless they request for it first.

U might have reverse effect. 

got witnesses + beedio

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BanCoe said:

.....ooops thats me......  BankCoe with my ever loyal kustomer @Angcheek many many $$ hor.... U interested??  Interest always guaranteed 💪 , principle ...... think about it as a very long term retirement plan       🤣

I am interested in banging world 🤧🤧🤧

Its a tough job 😁

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May the dog owner die pain pain

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 13177 said:

Cannot believe the dog owner is a pastor of a church! [mad]  Even the owner is not a pastor, it is also very wrong for people to treat a dog like this. How could they can do such thing?

 those go or inside  churches are not angels ... just another human or maybe demons

😄🍻🍻🍻 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×