COVID-19: Beijing's Coronavirus cases rise

BabyBlade

Internal Moderator
34 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I think the reasons to lift up the travel ban for hubei will be for the whole world to see.

- To gain respect and from other countries. (nobody have close and reopens the border yet, they will be the first) (First to show how to do it, first to have a system for it) 

- To boost china economic, they are bleeding every day. So to stop the bleeding, they need to do smth.

It is definitely a huge gamble for them. Every wrong step, it will cause their reputation to be from bad to worse. I think the CCP already have gone through every scenario for this le.

The reasons are obvious why China would wanna lift the restrictions soonest, but the real question is should they? By concealing the true number of infections? If indeed asymptomatic infected individuals are excluded from their daily case count then I think there's only one way down where all this is going. An asymptomatic individual may not be sick  but they are still able to spread the virus. That's an invisible threat right there. Unthinkable what they're trying to achieve. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

3 hours ago, Strat said:

Maybe they have vaccine ready to roll out in Apr.... 

Any vaccine is at least 12 - 18 mths away.

China vaccine might be faster.

Just now, inlinesix said:

Any vaccine is at least 12 - 18 mths away.

China vaccine might be faster.

Trump say he has a cure [laugh]

1 hour ago, Turboflat4 said:

Not about going, but our open legs and open own backside gahmen may not resist reopening borders to China early. So it does matter. 

Born & bred Singaporean feels safer to be in Beijing than Singapore now.

Open border with PRC will not attract these ppl to Singapore.

• Praise 1

2 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

Trump say he has a cure [laugh]

I think his cure killed 1 couple🙈

There are a number of cure out there including experimental drugs.

22 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

Born & bred Singaporean feels safer to be in Beijing than Singapore now.

Open border with PRC will not attract these ppl to Singapore.

First line: which born and bred Singaporean? I don't. Not because of my race, but because I think when China has so much riding on this, they will act brutally both to enforce testing and possibly to suppress it, depending on their goals.

Singapore is significantly more open and measured (in general).

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

First line: which born and bred Singaporean? I don't. Not because of my race, but because I think when China has so much riding on this, they will either act brutally both to enforce testing and possibly to suppress it.

Born and bred Singaporean here as well. If I have to fall sick or die please let me die in my home country Singapore. 🇸🇬 I don't know what kind of Singaporean would feel safer in another country or rather be in another country at this point of time but I do know if my country is in big shit, I would wanna come home to my family and friends. 

This is home, truly, where I know I must be

Where my dreams wait for me, where the river always flow

This is home, surely, as my senses tell me

This is where I won't be alone, for this is home I know I'M home

• Praise 4

23 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Born and bred Singaporean here as well. If I have to fall sick or die please let me die in my home country Singapore. 🇸🇬 I don't know what kind of Singaporean would feel safer in another country or rather be in another country at this point of time but I do know if my country is in big shit, I would wanna come home to my family and friends. 

This is home, truly, where I know I must be

Where my dreams wait for me, where the river always flow

This is home, surely, as my senses tell me

This is where I won't be alone, for this is home I know I'M home

Applause. Tears in my eyes etc. 😁

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
Just now, Turboflat4 said:

Applause. Tears in my eyes etc. 😁

Thank you thank you. Hahhhahahhahaha haha. 

• Haha! 1

28 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

First line: which born and bred Singaporean? I don't. Not because of my race, but because I think when China has so much riding on this, they will act brutally both to enforce testing and possibly to suppress it, depending on their goals.

I get what you mean.

With current outbreak outside China, a lot of PRC/former PRC are rushing back to China.

These ppl only feel safe in China.

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

I get what you mean.

With current outbreak outside China, a lot of PRC/former PRC are rushing back to China.

These ppl only feel safe in China.

People will generally feel safest in their own homes. 

The times when that's not true are when you have failed states. 

Which is why I am in favour of letting sg citizens come back. 

Not necessarily PRs. They never committed to us. Maybe exceptions can be made for those with pending applications.

I certainly do not condone bringing in every tom dick and harry with a long term pass unless they are working in critical industries (like medical, at this time). But they seem to be allowing these people in.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

It is difficult to trace asymptomatic patients unless you do a mass PCR test.  From what I understand, those asymptomatic patients in China are isolated in a centralized quarantine center and a negative test result is needed for their release, even though they are not included in the statistic.

If the kind of lockdown in Wuhan for the past two months unable to suppress the virus spread. If the existence of asymptomatic patients is prevalent and these patients are infectious, then we have a much bigger thing to worry about, compared to worry about the travel curb lift of Wuhan residents. 

Edited by Somewhat1975

They may have a rebellion on their hands if the lockdown continues without strong reason backing it.

Having learnt from their first wave, I suppose, and hoping so, the authorities are able to social infections going forward

Lockdown cannot be forever, and I suppose like Korea, once passed the peak, they will eventually open the borders, with a vigilant watch over citizen’s behaviour

3 minutes ago, Sturtles said:

They may have a rebellion on their hands if the lockdown continues without strong reason backing it.

Having learnt from their first wave, I suppose, and hoping so, the authorities are able to social infections going forward

Lockdown cannot be forever, and I suppose like Korea, once passed the peak, they will eventually open the borders, with a vigilant watch over citizen’s behaviour

I hope to Chairman Mao they know what they're doing. Because this sneaky little b**tard of a virus is capable of exploiting the slightest lapse and run amuck again. 

Governments, especially authoritarian Asian ones care very much about "face". I'm sure Chinese leaders have been glowing about the praise heaped on them by many Western sources (and I actually agree with this praise for their recent containment measures). 

Problem is Trump and his band of bodohs. They insist on calling it the Chinese virus. They insist on blaming China every chance they get even when they damn well had plenty of opportunity to get their asses into gear long ago and not let the US become the shithole that it has become. 

Maybe China is thinking "wtf, liddat cannot win liao. Might as well get our economy restarted properly and steamroll the Yanks when they're still reeling."

I don't blame them at this stage if that's what they're thinking. I blame Trump. Cos he really is an idiot. And a dangerous one at that. 😁

• Haha! 1

Btw, if you want a perfect example of how much of a hypocritical c*nt Trump is, all you have to do is recall how he was actually praising China's containment measures before (and they're as tight as ever) then took the credit for stopping flights from China but still ended up slamming them when the US cases exploded to the current shitshow level. 

He is to blame. Not China. He dissolved the pandemic team and cut crucial budgets. He promotes anti-science and anti-vaccine views. He's a complete f**ktard, not just a dotard. 

No wonder @Jamescis his BFF. 😂😂😂

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

17 minutes ago, Turboflat4 said:

Btw, if you want a perfect example of how much of a hypocritical c*nt Trump is, all you have to do is recall how he was actually praising China's containment measures before (and they're as tight as ever) then took the credit for stopping flights from China but still ended up slamming them when the US cases exploded to the current shitshow level. 

He is to blame. Not China. He dissolved the pandemic team and cut crucial budgets. He promotes anti-science and anti-vaccine views. He's a complete f**ktard, not just a dotard. 

No wonder @Jamescis his BFF. 😂😂😂

Do you mean THE White House Pandemic Response Team put in place by President Obama learning the lessons of Ebola that you need to fight the virus when it thousands of miles away before it even comes to the US cos when it lands in US its too late?

THE White House Pandemic Response Team that monitors threads around the world and create action plans, coordinate all the different gov depts like CDC and FDA as the CDC create a test kit for Corona but the FDA dragged their feet for approval as it was a different dept so no sense of urgency?

THE White House Pandemic Response Team that would have prepared the nations with mask, PPE and ventilators?

THE White House Pandemic Response Team that would have ensured enough test kits and that all the test kits would actually work?

THE White House Pandemic Response Team that is part of the the White House National Security Council (NSC)?

THE White House Pandemic Response Team that would have prevented this whole mess?

I think Trump botched handling of the corona virus is really criminal negligence.

If say a doctor did as bad a job as what is Trump is doing now I think he will sued.

Imagine a doctor telling all the lies Trump has told about the corona virus, I think the doctor will be struck off.

:grin:    

• Haha! 1

Ex-Obama official fires back: Trump was left with 'global health infrastructure'

On Friday, Trump took aim at the CDC under President Obama, saying on Twitter: “For decades the @CDCgov looked at, and studied, its testing system, but did nothing about it. It would always be inadequate and slow for a large scale pandemic, but a pandemic would never happen, they hoped. President Obama made changes that only complicated things further.” 

But during an interview on MSNBC on Saturday, Rhodes slammed Trump’s comments, adding that “what he said about testing was completely false,” and pointing to recent fact-checks done since then that he says prove “that’s not the case.”

“I think, importantly, what Obama did leave Trump is a global health infrastructure that we had set up informed by the lessons of the Ebola outbreak,” Rhodes said before pointing to a National Security Council (NSC) pandemic directorate The Associated Press reports was dismantled by the Trump administration in 2018.

“And what we did is set up, in the White House, ... an office that was responsible for managing pandemics, managing global health threats that was shut down two years ago by President Trump,” Rhodes said. 

“And when you don’t have an office like that,” he continued, “you don’t have dedicated people inside the White House who are ensuring that information is acted upon.

When you see an outbreak in a place like Wuhan, China, you want people in the White House who are thinking about what needs to be done right away so that you don’t get behind the curve, which is what happened in this White House.” 

Quack Doctor Trump

Nigeria records chloroquine poisoning after Trump endorses it for coronavirus treatment.

Health officials in Nigeria have issued a warning over chloroquine after they said three people in the country overdosed on the drug, in the wake of President Trump's comments about using it to treat coronavirus.

A Man Died After Self-Medicating With A Drug Trump Promoted As A Potential Treatment For The Coronavirus

The elderly man died after taking chloroquine phosphate, an additive used to clean fish tanks. Trump has been promoting chloroquine as a potential treatment for the coronavirus, but health officials say it hasn't been tested properly.

↡ Advertisement