COVID-19: Beijing's Coronavirus cases rise

BabyBlade

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, mikk123 said:

he is in high risk group la....i don't his lung function is very well. heard he is a heavy smoker 😁

waiting for the day he use the above cure on himself.

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lala81 said:

They don't even have intra city courier delivery services. How can a business function?

I just had a FedEx sending a document from our Beijing office to me recently, took 10 days to reach Singapore. 

FedEx tracking basically indicate delay due to Operational Delay.

Previously if it is send out in the morning,  it is possible to deliver next day by 5pm or latest 3rd day 12pm.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic
14 minutes ago, Tohto said:

I just had a FedEx sending a document from our Beijing office to me recently, took 10 days to reach Singapore. 

Previously if it is send out in the morning,  it is possible to deliver next day by 5pm or latest 3rd day 12pm.

I watch an angmoh handphone reviewer who's based in shanghai and he wrote that he has been unable to produce any videos. there are 7 phones he's meant to review which are all in the city and not being able to be sent to him since April. Only food or medicines can be delivered. 

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

Before COVID19, document from Sg to PEK will arrive next day morning via DHL.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
4 hours ago, inlinesix said:

China Restricts Citizens from ‘Non-Essential’ Foreign Travel
https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/5rdNSpIOakzkfhfS4V3K9Q

Those already working here or other countries abroad must be either feeling relieved they are free from such insanity, or in despair that they are effectively marooned outside PRC and almost impossible to return.

Turbocharged
(edited)
On 5/13/2022 at 1:11 PM, inlinesix said:

Stability is of paramount importance to CCP.

3rd term is of paramount importance to XJP.

It does not looks like things will change after 20 big 

How to be stable like that? Population losing patience as the lockdown drags on and they are not ignorant of the fact that Omicron is mild and even HK has opened up gradually. There is no longer any logical basis to do zero covid. Won't be surprised if protest and riot break out unless the situation is better managed. Already seeing sporadic defiant acts on the ground, could be more incidents actually but censored from public knowledge.

Edited by Sosaria

If they think lockdown work let them be. Don’t need to think whether its cruel or inhumane, we have gone through that phase. They don’t. But the media made it a big hoo haa about it. Diff country has diff covid strategy. Whether it works for them is up to them to evaluate

if they decided to open up and death cases become alot, the media will blame the efficacy of sinovac is very bad and poor handling 

theres no end to it. 

51 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

How to be stable like that? Population losing patience as the lockdown drags on and they are not ignorant of the fact that Omicron is mild and even HK has opened up gradually. There is no longer any logical basis to do zero covid. Won't be surprised if protest and riot break out unless the situation is better managed. Already seeing sporadic defiant acts on the ground, could be more incidents actually but censored from public knowledge.

On 5/13/2022 at 2:35 PM, Lala81 said:

For the rest of 21st century, people would remember peak china as Dec 2019.

I was impressed when Beijing did a Wuhan in 2020 while people were dropping like flies in Europe and USA. 

Then this.  🤦🏻‍♂️

16 hours ago, Sosaria said:

Those already working here or other countries abroad must be either feeling relieved they are free from such insanity, or in despair that they are effectively marooned outside PRC and almost impossible to return.

A lot of PRC in Singapore cannot go home now

16 hours ago, Sosaria said:

CCP says zero covid is a Scientific approach.

All other matters is not scientific.

Even PRCer in overseas question any non-scientific approach 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, Thaiyotakamli said:

Lots and lots more people died from the famine and poor rural living conditions, what is covid to them? If covid infection reaches their gulags, will save plenty bullets for them.

• Praise 2

45 minutes ago, inlinesix said:

CCP says zero covid is a Scientific approach.

All other matters is not scientific.

Even PRCer in overseas question any non-scientific approach 

XJP has warned PRCs not to question zero Covid, everyone has to toe the line. No ifs no buts.

The policy really exposes the weakness of the totalitarian system. The ship is sinking and everyone knows it but noone can stop it, not even when there are options and far less costly solutions.  Again, where is the bloody exit?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

3 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

XJP has warned PRCs not to question zero Covid, everyone has to toe the line. No ifs no buts.

The policy really exposes the weakness of the totalitarian system. The ship is sinking and everyone knows it but noone can stop it, not even when there are options and far less costly solutions.  Again, where is the bloody exit?

There are more interesting “news” if you follow 老燈on Twitter.

I follow both sides to get the “real” picture.

• Praise 1

Twincharged
2 hours ago, inlinesix said:

A lot of PRC in Singapore cannot go home now

But still will not say their commie govt is wrong... don't admit their  passport cannot bring them home. 

It's already burn in to their processor. 

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
4 minutes ago, Playtime said:

But still will not say their commie govt is wrong... don't admit their  passport cannot bring them home. 

It's already burn in to their processor. 

It’s a belief system, deny it is like denying own existence 

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1