COVID-19: Stay Home Notice (SHN), Quarantine Order (QO), Leave of Absence (LOA)

RickyWee

22 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

You cant say the SHN is useless. It's just that the PDPA or Personal Data Protection Act dont allow individuals to be tracked. Data of your whereabouts to be recorded or used in any other way. Of course there are other ways but ppl might not like it. Entrusting individuals to do the right thing has always been challenging. Especially for idiots.

Pdpa dun apply to gahmen agency hor

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic
1 hour ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

GPA 4 and bright future ... :we-all-gonna-die:

Maybe he take beri boooootifullest peektures n SG would be a worse place if he was thrown in jail

Who's this fella anyway? Sinkie or Myanmar citizen?

• Haha! 1

12 minutes ago, Soya said:

Maybe he take beri boooootifullest peektures n SG would be a worse place if he was thrown in jail

Who's this fella anyway? Sinkie or Myanmar citizen?

He is a Singaporean

Twincharged
19 minutes ago, RickyWee said:

He is a Singaporean

a stupid one, in any case. no loss if return IC.....

Supersonic
12 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

a stupid one, in any case. no loss if return IC.....

Ship him to Myanmar?

• Haha! 1

1 minute ago, Windwaver said:

Bro, safest place in Singapore is jail because there is no COVID-19 :grin:and there's hardly a chance people can pass to inmates since they're always locked down.

hahaahhaa true!🤣

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/film-producer-mike-wiluan-placed-on-shn-has-re-entry-permit-shortened-after-not-declaring

SINGAPORE - Film producer Mike Wiluan, the CEO of Infinite Studios, has been placed on a 14-day stay home notice (SHN) and had the validity of his re-entry permit shortened after he failed to fully declare his travel history upon returning to Singapore.

The Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) said on Wednesday (March 25) that when Mr Wiluan, a Singapore permanent resident, returned from the United States on March 20, he did not declare that he had also recently travelled to Indonesia - which would have subjected him to stay-home notice requirements.

The authority subsequently detected that the 43-year-old had travelled to Batam on Feb 25 and returned to Singapore on March 7 by flying from Jakarta. He departed for Los Angeles a day later and returned after 12 days.

ICA said that Mr Wiluan failed to accurately declare his travel history even though he would have seen the health alert notices, with the affected countries listed, to remind travellers to identify themselves at immigration counters if they had gone to these countries in the last 14 days.

On Monday (March 23), ICA officers went to Mr Wiluan's house and issued him the SHN for a 14-day period from March 20 to April 3.

When contacted by The Straits Times, Mr Wiluan said: "This is news to me as ICA has already spoken with me and I'm serving my notice. I cannot comment any further as I seek clarification."

Singapore had imposed SHN requirements for travellers who had been to an Asean country on March 16. This was expanded to include travellers from anywhere in the world at 11.59pm on March 20.

Mr Wiluan arrived before the broader requirement kicked in.

ICA reminded travellers to submit complete and accurate travel declarations.

For subsequent offences, the penalty is a fine up to $20,000, an imprisonment of up to 12 months, or both. For non-Singaporeans, ICA may revoke or shorten the validity of permits and passes to remain in Singapore.

Turbocharged

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/isolation-in-the-comfort-of-a-hotel

Why is the government footing the bill for the 2 weeks hotel stay??? Is it free for everyone or just singaporeans?

Are we encouraging people to come to singapore? Not to mention the cost which is not insignificant. 200k returning singapreans. 2k each which is 400 million bucks...

Five days ago there is already 38k SHN so it is like 80million spent already? Honestly, those people are mainly from well to do families. I am pretty sure they can afford 2k for hotel stay. If they can't, we can sponsor,  but should not make it so attractive...

https://www.straitstimes.com/politics/parliament-38000-people-on-coronavirus-stay-home-notice-figure-will-rise-with-growing

Edited by Wind30
↡ Advertisement