should we have a general election within the next 3 months?

Wind30

should we have a general election within the next 3 months?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. should we have a general election within the next 3 months?

• yes
    • No

I think the opposition is not confident to win an election now so they want it to be delayed.

If you have been walking your rounds and doing your jobs for the past 4 years, even if election is held tmr also no scared la.

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

to me, its more like keeping a promise to the people.

when it's due, its due.

Have they kept and maintained their promises all the time? Have they shifted the goal post every now and then? There are simply too many changes but this pandemic affecting the world is not important? 

33 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

I think the opposition is not confident to win an election now so they want it to be delayed.

If you have been walking your rounds and doing your jobs for the past 4 years, even if election is held tmr also no scared la.

2nd post in MCF and this...................wahahahahahahha

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged
(edited)
59 minutes ago, ToyotaShuttle said:

I dunno about opposition but I think the majority PEOPLE (we all know MCF is a good representation of Singapore 🙂 ) wants it to be delayed...

All these talk about the interest of the country, I think it will be VERY HARD to convince people that holding an election now is in the interest of the country.

To me, the chance that this will not get better anytime from now to next April 2021 is very low.

We are almost effectively Red now... Is the government saying they expect us to stay Red all the way to April 2021? What sort of messaging as they putting across?

I am still optimistic with stringent measures we can bring the outbreak under control within 2-3 months... 

Why all the fear mongering that everything will be screwed up for 1 year or more just to call for early elections? 

Edited by Wind30
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged
Just now, ToyotaShuttle said:

Bully newbie?

tell your boss's boss's boss don't hold election 

• Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Victor68 said:

I don't know what Teo is saying but surely he is not speaking from his heart and interest of Singaporean. For me, the current crisis has to be settled and given top priority. The election is not going to change anything, unless we see the removal of the current government. Is he saying this is going to happen? 

It is just me, i never like this Teo, his face and everything come out from his mouth. [rolleyes]

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged

Holding the GE soonest is a brilliant strategy as the opposition would have lesser opportunities to reach out to and mingle with the public. 

• Praise 3

8 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

It's obvious holding a GE soon they will have a political advantage.

Must strike the metal while it is hot.

True, due to the covid-19, if they hold GE now indeed have a very good advantage for them. I guess opposition totally have nothing to offer and help them to gain supporters. Since people would think during this covid period, what have opposition done so far?

8 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

Holding the GE soonest is a brilliant strategy as the opposition would have lesser opportunities to reach out to and mingle with the public. 

This time GE same like last GE, happened to have a super good political advantage and situation in helping them to gain supporters.

47 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

Otoh minister high chance to catch infection... 🤔

At least we'll find out if 4g leaders are gamblers or safe pair of hands soon

Edited by yishunite

I don't normally like to comment on politics cos it's endless and both sides have their valid points most times unless u r Lim Tean..........well less said on him the better.

My 2 cents is that it's ridiculous to even think about holding an election at this point of time and even the next 6mths or so. Possibly at year end or early next year can be considered but even then it's too early to contemplate.

Anyway, still got more than a year to go, so why so kancheong to call a GE. If I were PAP, calling a GE after this Covid situation passes by will be doubly satisfying if they did a good job which, by and large they have done so far. It would likely then be an endorsement of a job well done and they can go on and govern with their heads held high.

Calling a GE now seems opportunistic and I believe it will make even their most ardent supporters feel like they trying to win by cashing in on the troubled climate now.

• Praise 9

Supercharged

Ah "gong" has spoken... nothing we do can to stop it... think about why they want to do it now... just follow your heart when dropping the paper in...

It saddens me to see how TCH, along with GCT, seems to have lost his way :grin: 

seems like a pattern that once ministers enter SM mode and above, they lose their way.

simi mandate here mandate there fresh mandate.

cb la the mandate was already given for the full term until the next elections. means NOW there already IS a mandate. 

PAP cannot fight COVID19 without fresh mandate ah?

what a load of cock

but i forgive them cos they lost their way

along with losing many many votes i believe

Edited by Theoldjaffa
grammar
  • Praise 8

21 minutes ago, Spring said:

I don't normally like to comment on politics cos it's endless and both sides have their valid points most times unless u r Lim Tean..........well less said on him the better.

My 2 cents is that it's ridiculous to even think about holding an election at this point of time and even the next 6mths or so. Possibly at year end or early next year can be considered but even then it's too early to contemplate.

Anyway, still got more than a year to go, so why so kancheong to call a GE. If I were PAP, calling a GE after this Covid situation passes by will be doubly satisfying if they did a good job which, by and large they have done so far. It would likely then be an endorsement of a job well done and they can go on and govern with their heads held high.

Calling a GE now seems opportunistic and I believe it will make even their most ardent supporters feel like they trying to win by cashing in on the troubled climate now.

maybe now due to restrictions of groups >10 gathering, it will be a good time since no rallies can be held and thus, the oppo's outreach will be diluted? Social media is one thing but the fervour of a rally is not to be discounted

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5