COVID-19: Social Distancing in Singapore

BabyBlade

22 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Yup. 

Managed to convince the elderly in family to skip this year's. None going.

Let the living take care of urgent earthly matters first. Adults must be able to weigh the "light and heavy" side of issues. 

Take care and keep well 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

If go to cemetery still like not so bad, open area but if go temple enclosed area not very good. Unless cemetery jam-packed with people then also no good.

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Advice not mandatory. So office still no change for most companies.

Go and complain lo.

MOM will go and inspect.

33 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Yup. 

Managed to convince the elderly in family to skip this year's. None going.

Let the living take care of urgent earthly matters first. Adults must be able to weigh the "light and heavy" side of issues. 

Take care and keep well 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

ya, me too!! Told my family and my mum and we will skip for this year, i am sure our ancestors will understand .

• Praise 2

Just now, 13177 said:

If go to cemetery still like not so bad, open area but if go temple enclosed area not very good. Unless cemetery jam-packed with people then also no good.

Frankly such places will be jam packed during this period. Mostly lots of elderly with a few grown up children in tow. 

Best to avoid totally for now.  Not easy ya. Cos old habits and guilt will join forces to kick common sense out of brains. I started nagging at them last week till they said ok, dun go this year.

Someone working at a temple got into a conversation with me and he was lamenting that "filial piety is for ppl who are alive. Dead liao its mostly for own conscience or show to others." 

Anyways, if unable to convince, perhaps go early early like 5/6am and leave asap. 

Best is dun go at all.

Take care and keep well 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 4

Got an email from Harry's saying they are staying open, but with more space between seating and free hand sanitizer.

Fine line, then, between pub and restaurant.

6 minutes ago, bsswan said:

Got an email from Harry's saying they are staying open, but with more space between seating and free hand sanitizer.

How come they can stay open?

Talking about social distancing. Just now while i was exiting from MRT, saw one woman sneezed loudly without covering her mouth into the air, not once buy twice! Can see her droplets splatter into the air! Even there is no covid-19, it is also very dirty and lack of personal hygiene having to sneeze out into the open space without covering their mouth! Imagine if there is people walking infront of this person, their droplet will landed on the other person clothing, bag or hair, this is very dirty! [thumbsdown] I guess this people would give excuses that they sneeze so suddenly until they have no time to react to cover up their mouth!?

Looks like people habit can never be change at all, no matter what is happening around them. They will still continue what they have been doing in their entire life!

2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Talking about social distancing. Just now while i was exiting from MRT, saw one woman sneezed loudly without covering her mouth into the air, not once buy twice! Can see her droplets splatter into the air! Even there is no covid-19, it is also very dirty and lack of personal hygiene having to sneeze out into the open space without covering their mouth! Imagine if there is people walking infront of this person, their droplet will landed on the other person clothing, bag or hair, this is very dirty! [thumbsdown] I guess this people would give excuses that they sneeze so suddenly until they have no time to react to cover up their mouth!?

Looks like people habit can never be change at all, no matter what is happening around them. They will still continue what they have been doing in their entire life!

You never tell her "bless you"?

• Haha! 2

34 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

You never tell her "bless you"?

Everyone avoid her like a plague, no one wants to walk near to her cause the virus still lingering in the air! Lol.

Edited by 13177

16 hours ago, bsswan said:

dunch sell jiu?

5 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

image.thumb.png.a1abdb4ad4d49fc46a50df799b06b34f.png

How smoker practise social distancing arh?

draw small yellow boxes inside the big yellow box lor...[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Haha! 4

16 hours ago, bsswan said:

all along Harry's is restaurant lah

16 hours ago, 13177 said:

How come they can stay open?

why not ? 

My fren restaurant with Live Band still open. Just no live band. 

• Praise 1

https://mothership.sg/2020/03/covid-19-thais-social-distancing/

As the coronavirus spreads from individual to individual via saliva and bodily fluids, constantly keeping a safe distance of at least 1 metre apart from the next warm body might actually save you a trip to the hospital and 14 days in isolation under quarantine.

This is called “social distancing”.

But life still has to go on, right?

And we can all count on the Thais to do just that.

Instead of keeling over and calling it a day, they have shown their steadfastness in fighting Covid-19 while living their lives as they would have without the virus.

Here are 10 photos from Thailand that show how the locals there deal.

image.png.dba1a35e1d8efebe9dbb06efee31dec4.pngimage.thumb.png.c52a5dcef1c5af8d67053e5aaf88503e.pngimage.thumb.png.146d6dcf787ef3a86c13454383c47a85.pngimage.thumb.png.d845f223c1fde632a85db53c2c27674f.pngimage.thumb.png.bef27906fa80a53e7f8963bdba4785a2.pngimage.thumb.png.9017297b238a7f09d4d344d15b0de84d.png

• Haha! 3

9 minutes ago, Othello said:

all along Harry's is restaurant lah

Yes, fine line between a restaurant that has a bar, sells alcohol and a bar that sells snacks.

HK is using liquor license laws to limit crowds.

I expect most places to stay open with exception of Geylang/OT types where social distancing is not encouraged.