COVID-19: Social Distancing in Singapore

BabyBlade

16 minutes ago, Jman888 said:

Malls has other shops, restaurants, hair and beauty salons, etc.

Agree...but with the heightened covid-19 crisis...surely, the 1st and foremost thing to do is to avoid being stuck in a crowded place. That may means to delay what you planned to do or travel further to get it done somewhere else.

↡ Advertisement

Social distancing practice at Popular book store. The shop look just so empty, so my question is: Worth to operate under such circumstances? 

19Q0oNP.jpg

And about social distancing practice at food court, I have an unpleasant experience yesterday. 

OK I am sitting at a table for 4, with the chair opposite and beside me taped up. A mid age couple came and occupied the table next to mine (not side by side though). OK good practice I was thinking. 

Next they started clearing the table (2 trays containing a few plates, 2 cups and some plastics wrapper) and guess what, they conveniently place the 2 trays in front of and beside me. When I stared at them, the guy replied, "the seats are not occupied right?" 

As I am finishing my meal (and rushing for my appointment), I don't bother to argue with them, else I will giving them a free lecture for sure.[furious]

• Praise 8
  • Angry 6

14 minutes ago, Silver_blade said:

Agree...but with the heightened covid-19 crisis...surely, the 1st and foremost thing to do is to avoid being stuck in a crowded place. That may means to delay what you planned to do or travel further to get it done somewhere else.

The good thing about us is we follow the law.

The bad thing about us is we (a lot of us) don't use common sense.

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Singaporeans urged to defer non-essential trips to malls

SINGAPORE: Authorities are urging those in Singapore to defer non-essential trips to malls, after safe-distancing measures kicked in across the country.

In a WhatsApp message sent by Gov.sg on Saturday (Mar 28), authorities advised people to stay home and only head to a mall for essentials, such as food, adding that food and groceries can be purchased online.

This comes a day after choke points were seen outside some shopping centres after mall operators took steps to comply with Singapore's new safe-distancing measures to contain the spread of the new coronavirus.

🤣

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/covid-19-singapore-defer-non-essential-trips-malls-12585604

• Praise 3

55 minutes ago, Carbon82 said:

Social distancing practice at Popular book store. The shop look just so empty, so my question is: Worth to operate under such circumstances? 

19Q0oNP.jpg

And about social distancing practice at food court, I have an unpleasant experience yesterday. 

OK I am sitting at a table for 4, with the chair opposite and beside me taped up. A mid age couple came and occupied the table next to mine (not side by side though). OK good practice I was thinking. 

Next they started clearing the table (2 trays containing a few plates, 2 cups and some plastics wrapper) and guess what, they conveniently place the 2 trays in front of and beside me. When I stared at them, the guy replied, "the seats are not occupied right?" 

As I am finishing my meal (and rushing for my appointment), I don't bother to argue with them, else I will giving them a free lecture for sure.[furious]

I would have asked them politely to place those tray at proper place rather in front of me while i am eating.

Things i observe,
1- People eat and leave their shyt behind, so anyone coming later would try to slide those on someone else table. It is our moral duty to clear the shyt after eating (i hope you did your part to clear after finishing your food).
2- AT NTUC self payment area, a lot of arseholes leave their basket behind. Who the f is going to clear if i they don't do it, do i suppose to clear their basket before i can place mine there?
3- MAC another place, they should ask people to pick their food after placing order rather someone deliver on their seats. I am unable to understand, are these people handicap that someone need to deliver food at their table? Almost 99% i see people order and ask for table delivery and start browsing their phones.

I made a point to clean table once i am done (using wet/dry tissues) and ask all of my family members to do same practice (kids/wife) .

• Praise 6

Was at Parkway Parade yesterday at 4pm. No jams of cars queuing at all. 

Entry to mall only via P4 and P5 if from carpark. There were 2 persons seated nearby with a numbers clicker each. And a walkie talkie plus a clipboard with some written figures. I no bionic eye to see details. 

Likely keeping track of numbers of ppl entering and exiting. Making sure no exceed what's allowed per mall size.

Swensons and some restaurants are quite full but can see tables all rearranged with large gaps from each other.

Cold Storage got some shoppers but every one subtlely moved away if too close for comfort. 

Overall, not a ghost town but also not crowded. Lots of space to move about. Food court got ppl eating yet not crowded too. Its an unusual respect for one's personal space.

Perhaps it was a Friday late afternoon so dun see cars jamming to drive in. 

Take personal precautions and hygiene seriously. Even if masks on, dun touch face and wash hands properly and regularly.

Pls be patient with elderly but firm. 

We are part of a ongoing period time period that will be a chapter in history. Let this history record that Covid-19 was successfully contained very quickly.

V r s = I and U play an important part to break its chain.

Nag over

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 4

Supersonic
18 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

Logically this thing doesn’t apply to husband and wife right? If they can make love together, why can’t sit together?

Probably apply to strangers or friends.

In the bed how ?

Must sleep 1m apart. Bed not big enough.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Twincharged
19 hours ago, Mustank said:

Husband and wife sit next to each other to eat

will tio catch 1m or not?

That depend on the table layout. If table between table is more than 1m apart, then should be ok.

some place is base on sitting seat which they cross out to Ensure 1m apart, so if you and Wife sit together, it will result one of you less than 1m from other customer.

was at kou fu Coffeeshop this morning , they have tables for family to sit close to each other beside tables that have seats been cross out.

• Praise 4

3 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

19Q0oNP.jpg

Cb Lang a lot one

• Praise 3

3 hours ago, Carbon82 said:

19Q0oNP.jpg

Even you argue with them also ended up quarrelling, many insensitive people around now.

47 minutes ago, Kb27 said:

In the bed how ?

Must sleep 1m apart. Bed not big enough.

Sleep in different room lo. 😂

10 hours ago, Othello said:

Need to educate all these people. If everyone of us start to spread the word nicely, more and more people will know. Multiplier effect. 

I think these people know but they just bo chap or act dont know. They dont want to observe their surrounding.

1 hour ago, 13177 said:

Even you argue with them also ended up quarrelling, many insensitive people around now.

Just dump everything back on their table when they are eating halfway. 加料!and ask them Enjoy! 

Edited by Volvobrick
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

7 minutes ago, Volvobrick said:

Just dump everything back on their table when they are eating halfway. 加料!and ask them Enjoy! 

If really do that then would be asking for quarrel liao. 😅

21 hours ago, Mustank said:

Husband and wife sit next to each other to eat

will tio catch 1m or not?

husband and wife i think hug together eat also can, but have to bring marriage cert everywhere you go to prove it...[:p]

My side, got some tables label as "family table", those tables the chair no mark "X", so I am guessing immediate family members no need 1m..[laugh][laugh][laugh]

• Praise 1

47 minutes ago, 13177 said:

If really do that then would be asking for quarrel liao. 😅

I eat finish first I surely do that 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 5