COVID-19: Social Distancing in Singapore

BabyBlade

How to do social distancing for contact sports like basketball and football? I still see ppl playing basketball and myself still kicking the ball around every week.

↡ Advertisement

9 hours ago, Adrianli said:

How to do social distancing for contact sports like basketball and football? I still see ppl playing basketball and myself still kicking the ball around every week.

Suspense such contact sports lo. Lol.

Good question. I play basketball every Wednesday. I have told the group I will stop for the next 1-2 months since last week. But today, they are still gonna continue playing. 

My take is -> Be responsible. Basketball is a full contact sport with confirmed exchange of bodily fluid [laugh] If you have old folks at home, I suggest switching to playing football in PS4 or Nintendo Switch [:p]

• Praise 7
  • Haha! 3

15 hours ago, Othello said:

actually all these marked out seats ...... means family of 4 cannot sit together. Must sit 2 tables. But then back at home sit together ... haha 

ok, I got the answer for above -->

While related diners (e.g. family members, couples) can be seated together without staggered seating, ensure a distance of at least one metre between tables or different groups of diners.

• Praise 1

Internal Moderator

Don't play?

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
30 minutes ago, Othello said:

Good question. I play basketball every Wednesday. I have told the group I will stop for the next 1-2 months since last week. But today, they are still gonna continue playing. 

My take is -> Be responsible. Basketball is a full contact sport with confirmed exchange of bodily fluid [laugh] If you have old folks at home, I suggest switching to playing football in PS4 or Nintendo Switch [:p]

Strange uh. It's not hard to figure that out. People are just waiting for the government to give instructions to suspend. No suspend just continue. Is that why we're a nanny state?

• Praise 3

6 minutes ago, BabyBlade said:

Strange uh. It's not hard to figure that out. People are just waiting for the government to give instructions to suspend. No suspend just continue. Is that why we're a nanny state?

at first garment say events larger than 250 pax prohibited, some groups say " heng ah, our group small 190 nia. Safe" SAFE KI LAN SAFE !!!

I know a religious group leader telling me " Ok, we are small, only 50-60. And we take temp and ask people dun come when sick" after I told him about the Catholic Churches suspending service. Now lan lan have to conduct online. 

So yes, you are right. Humans need to be treated like sheep. 

• Praise 1

10 hours ago, Adrianli said:

Agree with the rest. Don’t play for now. I also play recreation rugby and my son plays for club. We have stopped training and games for almost a month. 

• Praise 4

1 hour ago, BabyBlade said:

When people have no social responsibility is like that de, they have no self discipline and seems like behaving like a small kid and must wait for people to give instructions to stop or suspend.

1 hour ago, Othello said:

at first garment say events larger than 250 pax prohibited, some groups say " heng ah, our group small 190 nia. Safe" SAFE KI LAN SAFE !!!

I know a religious group leader telling me " Ok, we are small, only 50-60. And we take temp and ask people dun come when sick" after I told him about the Catholic Churches suspending service. Now lan lan have to conduct online. 

So yes, you are right. Humans need to be treated like sheep. 

My fren told me her cell group trying to determine a way to count their gathering as "only" 10 pax if they gather in 2 rooms or smth. Lucky turn out the host was a PR and said he dowan get his PR revoke so shut down the discussion 🙄

• Angry 4
  • Haha! 1

If my MIL gets it I want to take her to KL to get the best treatment.

:grin:

image.png.87828651b81ceb624e0eb66d0cbf6518.png

image.png.f9458058098e6f95c731809f467e9aec.png

Edited by Jamesc
  • Praise 1
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 9

1 hour ago, Mockngbrd said:

Looks like only Asians treat this seriously. AMDK think is only Asian will kenna. 

Thats why their confirmed cases so high?