COVID-19: Students to have home-based learning once a week from April

Raubern

(edited)

Are there asymptomatic transmission going around in Singapore school now, Lawrence? Do you know, not sure or there is confirmed none? Don't tell us "Not in my knowledge as of today" crap.

Please don't mess with kids' lives.

Edited by Weez911
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1 hour ago, Yamapi said:

Embargoed information? What a joke. Did they seriously trust parents will not forward this letter around?

Why is it even embargo in the first place

Turbocharged
19 hours ago, Weez911 said:

Are there asymptomatic transmission going around in Singapore school now, Lawrence? Do you know, not sure or there is confirmed none? Don't tell us "Not in my knowledge as of today" crap.

Please don't mess with kids' lives.

Make your own judgement call on this. 
Do a three second google and see how many untraceable cases there are around the world.  We have them here - so of course there is asympotmatic transmiussion.  

THis is the whole point of closing schools in the firstr place. 

The belief is that COvid 19 is contagious for 2 weeks before symptoms show - how many ed in that time? people can be infect

• Praise 1

Well, what a joke that was......

Five pieces of online "papers" each only 10-15min. If this is MoE attempt at HBL perhaps they need to study its meaning more.

If it's like this, best not to waste our time or electricity even turning on the PC.

23 hours ago, bsswan said:

Well, what a joke that was......

Five pieces of online "papers" each only 10-15min. If this is MoE attempt at HBL perhaps they need to study its meaning more.

If it's like this, best not to waste our time or electricity even turning on the PC.

IMHO.

Some no need to waste time or electricity, because they have nothing to turn on. 

In case anyone may find this useful:

With the latest announcement on full home-based learning starting 8 April till 4 May, as one of the key publishers of Maths Textbooks in Singapore, Marshall Cavendish Education will be offering FREE ACCESS to Math Buddies, a home-based learning app, to support all primary school students in Singapore.

The Math Buddies app will enable your child:

- To follow and learn based on the Singapore maths curriculum

- To pace himself/herself in learning and encourages self-directed learning

- To utilise virtual manipulatives to aid concept visualisation

As the leading provider in education, we are ready to support your child’s learning needs and help him/her through the weeks of home-based learning ahead! Click on https://www.mceduhub.com/MathBuddies/index.aspx

to get your free access today! *Free access is valid till 31 May 2020

#LearningContinuesWithMCE #MCEcares #MCeducation #Mathbuddies #Math #HomeBasedLearning #StayHome #PhysicalDistancing #Schools #Eduhub #SGunited

Take care and keep sane. 

Cheers 

• Praise 4

Something to let kids learn n play so that u can stay less up on the wall😁😂😂

"This is very interesting as u scroll down you go deeper and deeper in the sea... this is really amazing.. Show it to your children, let them learn it. Scroll down to all the way to 10924 metres deep in an ocean."

https://neal.fun/deep-sea/

Take care and keep sane 

Cheers 

• Praise 2

Parents...are you ready for HBL to be a permanent feature in school?

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/moe-schools-regular-home-based-learning-ong-ye-kung-moe-12878098

Home-based learning should be 'a regular part of school life’, possibly once a fortnight: Ong Ye Kung

As usual he only talk about the good stuff but hardly talked about the challenges parents and teachers who are parents as well face. When it comes to lower primary it's a challenge when parents cant be there to do HBL with their children because of work. The kids will just put "idk" (I dont know) in the questions or simply dont do anything. I believe some kids are a no show when it comes to live broadcast learning cos their parents are working.

And for teachers who have school going kids they cant do live broadcast teaching and do HBL with their children at the same time.

There are also so many challenges for the low income family. Like internet subscription. They provide them with the device but with no internet subscription it's not a useful initiative. Leaving imda to come up with a free subsciption for them....I dont know how they are going to do it.

To sum it up it's chore for both parents and teachers.

I'm okay with it in principle, but the number of days my boy signed on at 8am then had no work for an hour before doing an hour of whatever........then off. Forget it.

Organise it properly.

I realise it was forced upon MoE quite quickly but an overhaul and structured syllabus must be put in place. I know one international secondary that had their kids in front of PCs from 8am to 4pm conducting full, non-practical, classes with teaching staff everyday of the shutdown as if they were all together in school.

Maybe doesn't have to go so extreme, but a lot of days my boy had an hour of stuff, and some days nothing at all.

↡ Advertisement