Tourador Tyres

Ironstarz

Twincharged
41 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Should be good to use.

Keep 10 car length  and don't drive on rainy days. [lipsrsealed]

Some made in China and China brands aren’t that bad. 
I have been biased. But have since be slightly corrected by one that performs rather decently. 

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 3

9 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

Some made in China and China brands aren’t that bad. 
I have been biased. But have since be slightly corrected by one that performs rather decently. 

That is true to say. When I got my Saab 9-3 Aero, the previous owner had fitted a China brand of tyres called Tracmax. It was a total unknown brand to me, but surprisingly, the dry and wet grip were pretty decent. I kept them on for a couple of months as the thread was releatively new and the DOM was still quite recent - Never encountered any issues and it worked well, until one of them was totally damaged by a bad nail puncture (This could happen to any brand of tyre) and I changed to a new set of Goodyears.

• Praise 4

Its value for money.

If USA can use china tyres. I dun see any reason why we cannot. 

But of course dun expect it to perform and last like a branded pcs which cost 100% more buks

• Praise 1

28 minutes ago, Beregond said:

Its value for money.

If USA can use china tyres. I dun see any reason why we cannot. 

But of course dun expect it to perform and last like a branded pcs which cost 100% more buks

Yes, for tyres there's always all sorts of tyres for all sorts of purposes.

Hardcore car enthusiasts versus daily driven PHV, all will have different  mindsets and requirements for tyres, be it performance, show, practicality, budget etc. 

Again on mindsets, affordability aside, there are also those who really don't mind bang-for-buck tyres in terms of performance, in that you can still get relatively good performance for a decent price, and also even if you push it to extremes and need to change it out early, you can easily get another same replacement set at good value. Tyre brands such as Federal, Champiro and Kumho would probably fall in this category. 

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

China brand, Westlake is known for quality tyres, but am unsure of other china brands.

Taiwanese Federal, Korean Nexen, Hankook and Kumho, Malaysian Silverstone, Dunlop  tyre prices are not too far off from the China brands in any case.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 3

if budget is priority , any tires will do because you know you are Budgeted.

drive Safe ,

Premium tires gave Quality and Reliability Assurance.

Quality = Safety (handling)+ Safety(Cornering + Safety(braking Distance)

Just MHO

I am not against them , just remember your Decision and Choice .

• Praise 2

(edited)
On 3/30/2020 at 4:56 PM, Vinceng said:

China brand, Westlake is known for quality tyres, but am unsure of other china brands.

Taiwanese Federal, Korean Nexen, Hankook and Kumho, Malaysian Silverstone, Dunlop  tyre prices are not too far off from the China brands in any case.

i saw alot of ling long, its make in thailand btw.

those heavy truck alot is using double coin. really save a tones for those company with high number of replacement, compare to using branded like bridgestone goodyear etc

Edited by Beregond

Internal Moderator
14 minutes ago, Beregond said:

i saw alot of ling long, its make in thailand btw.

those heavy truck alot is using double coin. really save a tones

Because is the boss who is paying and not the boss who is driving. If you know the boss, you ask him if he is using double coin in his car?

• Haha! 2

Twincharged
(edited)
24 minutes ago, Roberttan said:

if budget is priority , any tires will do because you know you are Budgeted.

drive Safe ,

Premium tires gave Quality and Reliability Assurance.

Quality = Safety (handling)+ Safety(Cornering + Safety(braking Distance)

Just MHO

I am not against them , just remember your Decision and Choice .

Yokohama dB tires are the ultimate crappiest tires in the wet. yokohama is branded no?

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
13 minutes ago, Mkl22 said:

Yokohama dB tires are the ultimate crappiest tires in the wet. yokohama is branded no?

I only use yokohama delivery star during my van days. Really crappy. haha. But the tyre are skinny also.

Some thread pattern cannot perform well on larger tyres and vice versa. My tyres buying tricks is to read alot of review, and make sure that piece of rubber is bang for bucks.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

For UHP tyres, Kumho PS31 (KU31 replacement) is bang for buck for the performance, but it can turn you deaf!

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
3 minutes ago, Vinceng said:

For UHP tyres, Kumho PS31 (KU31 replacement) is bang for buck for the performance, but it can turn you deaf!

Previously I am on KU31, noisy but not that bad.

• Haha! 1

Turbocharged
27 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Previously I am on KU31, noisy but not that bad.

Grip was good but the noise was an earful.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1