Tourador Tyres

Ironstarz

10 minutes ago, Roberttan said:

thank for the Information about UTQG

Its not really accurate, esp across different brand.

for eg u can find some cheap brand tyres with thread wear 400-500. but do really expect it to last 100% longer compare to bridgestone thread wear 220?

they also can have AA traction rating, u wont expect it to grip like a potenza also😙

• Haha! 1

2 hours ago, Beregond said:

Its not really accurate, esp across different brand.

for eg u can find some cheap brand tyres with thread wear 400-500. but do really expect it to last 100% longer compare to bridgestone thread wear 220?

they also can have AA traction rating, u wont expect it to grip like a potenza also😙

It’s not 100% accurate but it does provide an indication of the tyre’s specs at least tho...😉

I had encountered a cheap brand tyre’s threadwear of 480 vs a known brand of 240 and it lasts longer than the known brand for at least 50-70% more-but the known brand had a stickier compound and thus wear out faster which explained the 240 threadwear ratings.

Partly agree with you on the traction ratings but budget tyres with AA traction ratings are indeed decent for the money 💵 if you had tried before?

An example will be this Blacklion Champoint BU66: https://www.productreview.com.au/listings/blacklion-champoint-bu66

• Praise 2

22 hours ago, Imaginary said:

has anyone tried tourador tyres? Any feedback? Was considering Primacy 4 but tourador tyres are significantly cheaper.

My POV

is entirely diff league , 

you pay what you get, for most Grab car especially the rental car , the fleet owner normally replace the cheapest they can find in the market ,so do not expect Quality product, this do

apply to some private owners , But i did took a Grab service private own car running on Micheline tires , his Views i s I am driving on it all the time and Tires is only contact between him and road 

he never save on it, and with regular tire rotation and All 4 wheels balance this tire can last up to 100,000km easily.

he is very  happy = Peace of Mind .

just my POV

• Praise 1

100k nylon and steel wire also come out. 

I rather change to a cheapo tyre on a regular basis than to wait for steel wire to pop out. 

Be it taxi lao or phv drivers, some really talk big. 

• Praise 1

23 hours ago, Imaginary said:

has anyone tried tourador tyres? Any feedback? Was considering Primacy 4 but tourador tyres are significantly cheaper.

see your own burget, its still  a road worthly tyre for dairly traveling rain or dry.

any fresh tyres is better then used or worn tyres.

bmw can bring u from point a - b, but it dun mean a toyota costing 50% cannot do the same. 

24 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

100k nylon and steel wire also come out. 

I rather change to a cheapo tyre on a regular basis than to wait for steel wire to pop out. 

Be it taxi lao or phv drivers, some really talk big. 

A good and responsible Private car Owner should know what is best for him , since he is willing to pay premiums for his tire his Priority is Safety .

thanks for your Views 

5 minutes ago, Beregond said:

see your own burget, its still  a road worthly tyre for dairly traveling rain or dry.

any fresh tyres is better then used or worn tyres.

bmw can bring u from point a - b, but it dun mean a toyota costing 50% cannot do the same. 

all cars serve the Same Primary purpose for Point A to Point B

same for tires , But the Journey is the factor that serve me or him Differently , If all Drivers are 100% able to abide to all Traffic regulations our Road will be Very Safe for all car and Tires.

the problem is this never exist and happened.

Keeping a Safe braking distance is very Easy but how many of us do it ? a Better Quality tire will help to Stop your car in Shorter distance (we cant predict what happen in front of you,

this braking distance is every INCH count.

I personally also never Save money on Brake and Tires.

Just my personal Point of Views 

Many yrs ago, I drove a company van which uses westlake tyres.

I ever skidded 10m, spin 720degree n kana bang by a truck because it skid on a raining days

Changed tyre otr countless time.

Skid might because of the lj van 0 safety features n weird design. Big body on a small thing tyres. But hell no to china tyres, I rather pay Abit more for a decent mid range jap tyre, than save that bit of money on a tyre then use that money on pps or Siam diu hang flower

Ok wait a min. Base on some TL logic , if phv cars use that brand or model = reliable. So I reckon Ron 92 n China tyres r good n reliable

On 9/2/2020 at 11:23 AM, Imaginary said:

why not you try and let us all know. instead of listening to all the comments here based on gut feel. or more specifically. China tires = cheap = lousy and will kill ya.

Edited by Mkl22

6 hours ago, Jamesc said:

Michellin put silica in their tyres and this helps the tyres last a really long time. 

:D

Silica is in the tyre world for quite some time already and other manufacturer (even China manufacturer) uses it as well and is not only limited to Michelin. 😉

• Praise 2

6 minutes ago, RevStarZen said:

Silica is in the tyre world for quite some time already and other manufacturer (even China manufacturer) uses it as well and is not only limited to Michelin. 😉

Ya.

Its a common raw material for tyres already.

Its old technology 

1 hour ago, RevStarZen said:

Copy cat. 

:D

On 9/2/2020 at 11:23 AM, Imaginary said:

A fairer comparison would be to compare Tourador Tyres marketed heavily by ALTC vs Habilead Tyres marketed heavily by Kim Hoe Tyres & Co vs Radar Tyres as claimed by Arrow Tyres which is their in-house brand?

All 🇨🇳 made and would be interesting to see them in a tyre comparison test...if there is one?🤔

Edited by RevStarZen
Additional words
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
6 hours ago, RevStarZen said:

A fairer comparison would be to compare Tourador Tyres marketed heavily by ALTC vs Habilead Tyres marketed heavily by Kim Hoe Tyres & Co vs Radar Tyres as claimed by Arrow Tyres which is their in-house brand?

All 🇨🇳 made and would be interesting to see them in a tyre comparison test...if there is one?🤔

It will be interesting to see such a comparison. 🧐

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1