Jump to content
Join us at the SGCM Arcade Drive and win up to $27,000 discounts from Volkswagen and ŠKODA! Read more... ×

Recommended Posts

Turbocharged
21 hours ago, shrjun said:

Try explaining this to people who install 4-6 pot BBK 😂.

Also we are in the cheap MIC  'I don't care for my life '  tyre thread 

MIC tires are not necessarily bad. you got to try to know. i have since been enlightened.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is someone who believes in cheap tyres 🤣

tourador.jpeg

  • Dislike 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, shrjun said:

Here is someone who believes in cheap tyres 🤣

tourador.jpeg

What’s wrong with cheap tyres?🤔

Cheap does not necessarily equate to lousy quality tyres as @Mkl22 had mentioned in previous post...🤣

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/24/2020 at 7:55 AM, awhtc said:

Worst Tire Brands to Avoid Purchasing in 2020

6 Worst Tire Brands to purchase

  1. Chaoyang
  2. Goodride
  3. Westlake
  4. AKS Tires
  5. Telluride
  6. Compass Tires

https://mechanicbase.com/tires/tire-brands-to-avoid-purchasing/

OK SEEN westlake on numbers if Taxi on the road.

other 4 brands never see here

I think is nothing wrong to use this MIC tyre so long the QC is there .

 

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Turbocharged
On 11/24/2020 at 7:55 AM, awhtc said:

Worst Tire Brands to Avoid Purchasing in 2020

6 Worst Tire Brands to purchase

  1. Chaoyang
  2. Goodride
  3. Westlake
  4. AKS Tires
  5. Telluride
  6. Compass Tires

https://mechanicbase.com/tires/tire-brands-to-avoid-purchasing/

AKS stand for Ang Kong Siao?

Last time I have a friend name his company AKS because he is really an ang kong siao.  🤣

  • Haha! 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Roberttan said:

OK SEEN westlake on numbers if Taxi on the road.

other 4 brands never see here

I think is nothing wrong to use this MIC tyre so long the QC is there .

 

Problem is the QC is not up to standard. 

  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
On 11/23/2020 at 8:27 AM, shrjun said:

Here is someone who believes in cheap tyres 🤣

tourador.jpeg

Maybe he is the importer.. sharing his belief with us so he can buy a 7-series 

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged
On 10/28/2020 at 2:47 PM, Dpow7 said:

whether to buy China tires becos its was cheaper that may hv cost my whole family life. 

Never again i will risk it.

If you ever hv constant tires pressure leak always take it out totally to hv its inspect.

both the rear tires has crack side walls

IMG_20180628_113931_HDR.jpg

 

What year/week is this tyre?

Also, should do frequent thread depth check. Easiest way is this 

"Take a 50-cent coin, with the tails side facing you, and place it upright into the tire tread groove. If you are able to see the word “Singapore” while the coin is sat in the groove, the tire tread depth is too shallow and you are due to replace your tires."

 

 

  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged (edited)

Tyre is not just brand. Model also makes a lot of difference. 

I have used Malaysian Silverstone. The side walls cracked when they were still very new. I changed to Pirreli P6 or something. Not bad.

I have stuck to S-drive since, after switching to KU31 once. KU31's grip is not as good as S-Drive's from Yoko. Both tyres are noisy, but, S-Drive's grip is really good in both wet and dry.

Unless some new tyres receive good reviews, I will not ditch S-Drive.

My mechanic friend recommended Mchelin for its quietness. I have yet to try. Again, it also depends on the model. Not all Michelin tyres receive good reviews.

Edited by Fitvip
  • Praise 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Tyre is not just brand. Model also makes a lot of difference. 

I have used Malaysian Silverstone. The side walls cracked when they were still very new. I changed to Pirreli P6 or something. Not bad.

I have stuck to S-drive since, after switching to KU31 once. KU31's grip is not as good as S-Drive's from Yoko. Both tyres are noisy, but, S-Drive's grip is really good in both wet and dry.

Unless some new tyres receive good reviews, I will not ditch S-Drive.

My mechanic friend recommended Mchelin for its quietness. I have yet to try. Again, it also depends on the model. Not all Michelin tyres receive good reviews.

If u’re looking for quiet Michelin tyres-Primacy 4 is your most common best bet at least in 🇸🇬. Google around to see mostly good reviews if u dun mind the pricing!😉

  • Praise 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Fitvip said:

Tyre is not just brand. Model also makes a lot of difference. 

I have used Malaysian Silverstone. The side walls cracked when they were still very new. I changed to Pirreli P6 or something. Not bad.

I have stuck to S-drive since, after switching to KU31 once. KU31's grip is not as good as S-Drive's from Yoko. Both tyres are noisy, but, S-Drive's grip is really good in both wet and dry.

Unless some new tyres receive good reviews, I will not ditch S-Drive.

My mechanic friend recommended Mchelin for its quietness. I have yet to try. Again, it also depends on the model. Not all Michelin tyres receive good reviews.

Agreed. I have used the Yokohama S-Drive too. These are good tyres. They are quiet and sticky, due to the soft rubber. Unfortunately, the softness also means that they wear out really fast.

  • Praise 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Neutral Newbie

I saw too many drivers using Tourador but none in the forum for a review.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Twincharged
4 minutes ago, Zep said:

I saw too many drivers using Tourador but none in the forum for a review.......

They diam diam using cheap and good tyres dun want share😂

  • Haha! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Turbocharged

image.thumb.jpg.6afe8ca73650cf036f8b576dd5b4dd44.jpg

seems like stamford is doing the same. 😂

↡ Advertisement

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×