Tourador Tyres

Ironstarz

The savings between China made Tourador and entry level Malaysian made Dunlop tyres is a mere $10 per tyre.

I think your life is worth more than the $40 in savings (for a set of 4 tyres). 

Tourador - https://www.mycarforum.com/marketplace/info-152117/

Dunlop - https://www.mycarforum.com/marketplace/info-151808/

Edited by Vinceng
↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Vinceng said:

The savings between China made Tourador and entry level Malaysian made Dunlop tyres is a mere $10 per tyre.

I think your life is worth more than the $40 in savings (for a set of 4 tyres). 

Tourador - https://www.mycarforum.com/marketplace/info-152117/

Dunlop - https://www.mycarforum.com/marketplace/info-151808/

5 hours ago, Ken1898 said:

Price for this size is competitive. Even for Pirelli P1 china make also consider cheap during sales. Not sure the quality. 

The small diff in pricing might most probably be limited to this sizing which is competitive as mentioned by @Ken1898 The same cannot be said of larger sizes though...

5 hours ago, Ken1898 said:

Price for this size is competitive. Even for Pirelli P1 china make also consider cheap during sales. Not sure the quality. 

Pirelli has their brand name at stake which I don’t think quality will be lesser than domestic branded tyres. 

A good indication is here:

https://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Pirelli/CINTURATO-P1.htm

My OC mini uses Pirelli P1 RFT stock out from factory. 

Dry grip is horrible and slides sideway when kup in corners hard. Wet gripe not any better. 

Super uncomfy ride made worst by RFT stiff wall, although Mini suspension is firm in the first place. 

And yes.... Noisy. 

Edited by Hamburger
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

5 minutes ago, Hamburger said:

Dry grip is horrible and slides sideway when kup in corners hard. Wet gripe not any better. 

Super uncomfy ride made worst by RFT stiff wall, although Mini suspension is firm in the first place. 

And yes.... Noisy. 

Just change to Michelin Primacy.
Wait till you sit in 20mm lowered suspension + RFT

• Shocked 1

5 hours ago, Hamburger said:

And yes.... Noisy. 

Have to take into consideration that the Pirelli P1 is not even a HP tyre to begin with but more of a touring tyre not really suitable to throw into corners hard. 😅

Different strokes for different folks...😊

4 hours ago, RevStarZen said:

Have to take into consideration that the Pirelli P1 is not even a HP tyre to begin with but more of a touring tyre not really suitable to throw into corners hard. 😅

If it’s a touring tire, then at least the ride comfort And noise levels should be better. If no grip in dry and wet, noisy and bumpy, then what is it good for but the bin! 

• Haha! 1

18 hours ago, Mkl22 said:

If it’s a touring tire, then at least the ride comfort And noise levels should be better. If no grip in dry and wet, noisy and bumpy, then what is it good for but the bin! 

Agree ride comfort and noise levels should be better for a touring tyre but doubt so with RFT model which are known for ride stiffness and noise.

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
7 hours ago, RevStarZen said:

Agree ride comfort and noise levels should be better for a touring tyre but doubt so with RFT model which are known for ride stiffness and noise.

tourador got RFT?!?!?!?

On 9/9/2020 at 3:32 AM, RevStarZen said:

A person may be slow driver.. but you will never know when another blur kuku driver cut into your lane suddenly. 

Emergency brake is necessary and the tyres braking distance become very important especially on wet road. You will never know when this will happen.

Thus good tyre is important, you drive safe does not be other drive safe.

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

A person may be slow driver.. but you will never know when another blur kuku driver cut into your lane suddenly. 

Emergency brake is necessary and the tyres braking distance become very important especially on wet road. You will never know when this will happen.

Thus good tyre is important, you drive safe does not be other drive safe.

True and the same logic apply for riders on motorbikes vs cars which Is “meat over machine” rather than “machine over meat” and the rider might be a very defensive rider but not so for others.

Agree as well emergency brake is important but I believe all tyre manufacturers has a certain threshold to meet for braking distance either in dry or wet. For wet roads-even F1 high tech tyres couldn’t do much to prevent from skidding and spinning.

I also believe research is key and good tyre doesn’t necessarily need to come from big name manufacturers. Cheers!

One’s man meat might be another’s poison...To each their own preference on this most probably...😉

On 9/8/2020 at 2:19 AM, RevStarZen said:

A fairer comparison would be to compare Tourador Tyres marketed heavily by ALTC vs Habilead Tyres marketed heavily by Kim Hoe Tyres & Co vs Radar Tyres as claimed by Arrow Tyres which is their in-house brand?

All 🇨🇳 made and would be interesting to see them in a tyre comparison test...if there is one?🤔

Radar tires are produced by Omni, which is a tire manufacturer hq here in Singapore, and not some tire shop.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omni_United

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, RevStarZen said:

And Arrow Tyres claiming Radar as their in-house brand...🤦‍♂...or do they have exclusive sales of this brand?🤔

As far as i know, YHI is a distributor of radar tyres here. I dont know if arrow get theirs from YHI or somewhere else.

• Praise 1

45 minutes ago, Columbian78 said:

As far as i know, YHI is a distributor of radar tyres here. I dont know if arrow get theirs from YHI or somewhere else.

Yes-That’s what I found out as well but boldly claimed by Arrow Tyres as their in-house brand which is kinda wrong?🤔

↡ Advertisement