Singapore Airlines Ltd (SGX: C6L) Is In Deep Shit And Rights Issue Call Is Imminent

Supercharged

Commentary: Bitter truths for Singapore Airlines about this aviation industry crash

By Nitin Pangarkar

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/commentary/singapore-airlines-covid-19-coronavirus-crash-aviation-industry-12591826

"The COVID-19 pandemic might bring about a big change in the travel habits of premium passengers, most of whom travel for work. Having been forced to use video-conferencing, many business travellers will find their purposes are adequately served by technology. My bet is this will lead to a lasting decline in the number of premium passengers, or at least a slowdown in the growth and the revenue and profits such travellers account for airlines."

"Though the average age of SIA’s fleet has drifted up from approximately 5.5 years more than a decade ago to the 7.5 years today, SIA competes with other leading airlines to operate among the youngest fleets of all airlines....Though the incremental benefits (net of costs) of rapid fleet renewal are becoming less salient, SIA is pushing ahead — in fact it intends to spend a significant proportion of the raised funds backed by Temasek and other shareholders on fleet renewal."

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

On 4/1/2020 at 3:25 PM, Estrangable said:

wow horsay….SIA going to renew all PPS status for 12 more months regardless of the existing miles and value 

"I would also like to share that we will automatically renew all KrisFlyer Elite and PPS Club membership statuses for another 12 months at the end of your respective membership year. This applies to all memberships expiring from March 2020 through to February 2021. The validity of any expiring PPS and Elite Gold Rewards will also be extended until 31 March 2021."

https://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/sg/ppsclub-krisflyer/latestnews/2020renewal-pps/

it is virtual to them ......  no cost  anyway .😁 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

As long as companies pay for their top execs to fly.

They will fly premium airlines.

All top execs say We put the company FIRST.

Just see how they spend on themselves.

Only when it comes to junior staff then they always put the company first

and cut cost so different rules for them.

:grin:

• Haha! 3

let me help SIA with some tips ...... dont say I no help 

•  SIA can add in Sub Charges now  for extra cost to clean the plane . 
  • No reduction of fuel sub charges because they bought at high price . 
  • Healthy food .... provide can beans and dog biscuit  . full of protein ......... and fart . 
  • Use auntie as air steward ...... support  those after retirement 
  • reduce onboard entertainment fee , use Tik Tok 

😁 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Didu said:

Commentary: Bitter truths for Singapore Airlines about this aviation industry crash

By Nitin Pangarkar

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/commentary/singapore-airlines-covid-19-coronavirus-crash-aviation-industry-12591826

"The COVID-19 pandemic might bring about a big change in the travel habits of premium passengers, most of whom travel for work. Having been forced to use video-conferencing, many business travellers will find their purposes are adequately served by technology. My bet is this will lead to a lasting decline in the number of premium passengers, or at least a slowdown in the growth and the revenue and profits such travellers account for airlines."

"Though the average age of SIA’s fleet has drifted up from approximately 5.5 years more than a decade ago to the 7.5 years today, SIA competes with other leading airlines to operate among the youngest fleets of all airlines....Though the incremental benefits (net of costs) of rapid fleet renewal are becoming less salient, SIA is pushing ahead — in fact it intends to spend a significant proportion of the raised funds backed by Temasek and other shareholders on fleet renewal."

All these armchair academics only talk horse behind cannon.

Ask them to run an airline and see how differently they can run it.

SIA is our pride... though not so proud nowaday because of the `not-so-good-service' and the price they charge. Other than that I prefer to fly in an SIA plane if given the choice.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

The budget for Business traveler through the years had declined in my opinion. Before the Financial Crisis back in 08/09.. my father is travelling first class regardless of destination/flight time.. when the crisis hit then fly biz class.. when the mkt did recovered back then maintain biz class and no longer first.. as years goes by.. budget airline also part of the selection..

the place i work in now cap at biz class for certain position and flight hours.. below this will be economy and budget.. need 3 quotes and get approval if the price is 10% or more different..

so i guess after this saga.. the premium mkt will need some time to climb but may not be to the level pre COVID19..

5 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

As long as companies pay for their top execs to fly.

They will fly premium airlines.

All top execs say We put the company FIRST.

Just see how they spend on themselves.

Only when it comes to junior staff then they always put the company first

and cut cost so different rules for them.

You Top mgt too 😀

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

image.png.2e4d396cdd42e864e06dd4ac2c460363.png

Basket I don't know her and she never tell me.

Now I think she will be my new BFF.

Imagine if we all know and short sell all the airlines like her.

Senator Kelly Loeffler sold a total of $46,027 worth of stock in an online travel company in the day leading up to President Donald Trump’s announcement of a ban on most European travel to the U.S.

The couple came under fire last month after it was revealed that they had sold up to $3 million worth of equity after the senator was privately briefed by federal officials about the spread and impact of the novel coronavirus.

Sen. Kelly Loeffler of Georgia and her husband, the CEO of the company that owns the New York Stock Exchange, reportedly made an options trade in February that is typically a bet on future volatility.

The two sold an undisclosed amount of “put” options on companies including Kellogg, Alibaba, Chevron and BP, according to Bloomberg News. The trades generate income via the premium collected in the put sales. They also obligate the seller to buy the stocks back if the shares decline to a certain predetermined price.

• Haha! 2

2 minutes ago, Angcheek said:

let me help SIA with some tips ...... dont say I no help 

•  SIA can add in Sub Charges now  for extra cost to clean the plane . 
  • No reduction of fuel sub charges because they bought at high price . 
  • Healthy food .... provide can beans and dog biscuit  . full of protein ......... and fart . 
  • Use auntie as air steward ...... support  those after retirement 
  • reduce onboard entertainment fee , use Tik Tok 

😁

So when oil price high put fuel surcharge.

And when oil price low also must put fuel surcharge?

Good idea!

Sure to make money one.

:a-m1212:

• Haha! 2

Just now, Ody_2004 said:

The budget for Business traveler through the years had declined in my opinion. Before the Financial Crisis back in 08/09.. my father is travelling first class regardless of destination/flight time.. when the crisis hit then fly biz class.. when the mkt did recovered back then maintain biz class and no longer first.. as years goes by.. budget airline also part of the selection..

the place i work in now cap at biz class for certain position and flight hours.. below this will be economy and budget.. need 3 quotes and get approval if the price is 10% or more different..

so i guess after this saga.. the premium mkt will need some time to climb but may not be to the level pre COVID19..

my co dont care where u fly ..... all economic class ....... Flying to US is no joke on  econ . 

i want to tell my boss ... U go fly kite . 😊

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Turbocharged
1 minute ago, Angcheek said:

my co dont care where u fly ..... all economic class ....... Flying to US is no joke on  econ . 

i want to tell my boss ... U go fly kite . 😊

honestly not bad liao.. last time i flew SG to Newark direct flight.. Premium economy i think 20 hours or so.. not too bad on SQ lah..

my current job no travel at all.. I miss oversea biz trip.. 

• Haha! 1

14 minutes ago, Old-driver said:

All these armchair academics only talk horse behind cannon.

Ask them to run an airline and see how differently they can run it.

SIA is our pride... though not so proud nowaday because of the `not-so-good-service' and the price they charge. Other than that I prefer to fly in an SIA plane if given the choice.

Me too. If other people pay I only want to fly with them.

My MIL I book her MAS.

Or Lion Air or last time Adam Air.

And only on 737 MAX if possible.

If your company sticks you on economy 13 hours from NZ to SG like they did to me.

Just get this $12 only and no back side pain pain when I landed.

image.png.7efdcc92d38b6d77fc684669fcb8fed7.png

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, Jamesc said:

If your company sticks you on economy 13 hours from NZ to SG like they did to me.

Just get this $12 only and no back side pain pain when I landed.

image.png.7efdcc92d38b6d77fc684669fcb8fed7.png

I got 2 questions! 🙋‍♂️

1. Which one is the front arh? The side where got lobang or the hump?
  2. Will you buy for your MIL? 😅

10 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I got 2 questions! 🙋‍♂️

1. Which one is the front arh? The side where got lobang or the hump?
  2. Will you buy for your MIL? 😅

image.png.bed49a302e49bbf9a0a0935d940798d3.png

2. The holes very important for "ventilation."

image.png.c8ef9645e4756829d61a964bba5939f2.png

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
14 minutes ago, Jamesc said:

I see. I bought the gel type for my house. Now WFH, must better support.

1497496655_Screenshot2020-04-04at2_43_44PM.png.d7e969fb86d8fb8102069209b9abe070.png

I tot your MIL you will buy this. . .

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e4788eea17a19a513e13

Also got hole. One very big one. hahaha. 

• Haha! 1

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Jamesc said:

How 'bout the hump? How does that help?

↡ Advertisement