How I cope with WFH (Working from home)

kobayashiGT

On 3/30/2020 at 7:12 PM, Coltplussport said:

Need an office chair for my wife, any recommendation? No second hand please. Budget cap at $1k. 

Herman Miller Sayl chair with lumbar support. If you get from AD, its 1, 177. From PI, its 900 or so. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, Mason016 said:

Herman Miller Sayl chair with lumbar support. If you get from AD, its 1, 177. From PI, its 900 or so. 

How many COE bid huh?😝

• Haha! 2

This week our office trials WFH......

I lasted 2-days😟

Maybe because I know we're allowed outside, maybe because I feel don't start to early because cannot handle for too long, maybe because for two days everything worked fine.

I was one that didn't want to turn on a/c despite hot on leather chair.....once start cannot stop.

Now I'm the only one at the office, and still on my own, but feeling more comfortable.

• Haha! 5

Internal Moderator
21 minutes ago, bsswan said:

I lasted 2-days😟

Maybe because I know we're allowed outside, maybe because I feel don't start to early because cannot handle for too long, maybe because for two days everything worked fine.

I was one that didn't want to turn on a/c despite hot on leather chair.....once start cannot stop.

Now I'm the only one at the office, and still on my own, but feeling more comfortable.

Haha. same. I also came back office today. But because my mother today is at home disinfecting the whole house. So she finds me a pain in the ass. Kick me out of the home. 😞

• Haha! 6

You guys batter not complain too much...

wait till mata mata also have to work from home, so would the burglars...

You batter make sure the burglars don’t work out of your home while they batter make sure they don’t work out of the mata mata home...

Supersonic
41 minutes ago, bsswan said:

I lasted 2-days😟

Your office still on trial on wfh? Yesterday minister already said companies must let their staff wfh as much as possible lo, if not might get fine or something. So even companies dont like the idea of wfh also no choice liao.

Supersonic
(edited)
24 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Haha. same. I also came back office today. But because my mother today is at home disinfecting the whole house. So she finds me a pain in the ass. Kick me out of the home. 😞

You can suka suka go back to office de? No need to follow some schedule or something? Cause wfm also to reduce meeting your colleagues in the office.

Disinfecting the whole house? Sounds like your house kana some virus thing? Lol.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

Internal Moderator
2 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You can suka suka go back to office de? No need to follow some schedule or something? Cause wfm also to reduce meeting your colleagues in the office.

Disinfecting the whole house? Sounds like your house kana some virus thing? Lol.

haha. I can lah. But I reduce the interaction with my colleague also. my area only I am around, so I am 1 meter apart from others. And I eat alone too. So never really interact. Trying to minimise the interaction. 

Ystd the LPG gas uncle came my house to deliver gas tank, then my timid dog saw the gas tank keep barking and barking I have to pull her into my room to hide her. then after I settle with the LPG gas, I realise she scare until she poo at my living room. hahahhaha. Anyway, my mother at home today, she wanna clean the house. If not usually I will wait until Sat, then I will vacuum and mop the house.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
(edited)
17 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

haha. I can lah. But I reduce the interaction with my colleague also. my area only I am around, so I am 1 meter apart from others. And I eat alone too. So never really interact. Trying to minimise the interaction. 

Ystd the LPG gas uncle came my house to deliver gas tank, then my timid dog saw the gas tank keep barking and barking I have to pull her into my room to hide her. then after I settle with the LPG gas, I realise she scare until she poo at my living room. hahahhaha. Anyway, my mother at home today, she wanna clean the house. If not usually I will wait until Sat, then I will vacuum and mop the house.

Even you minimise the interaction with your colleagues, but all of you still meet each other within the office lo. So if anyone kana covid or some virus, it would easily pass to each other. That is why even companies have wfm arrangement for their staff, but also need to segregate two or more different teams schedule, so that among colleagues would not meet at all to reduce risk. Lol.

Your timid dog first time see the LPG gas uncle deliver gas tank arh? [laugh] Anyway, when dog see strangers and bark non-stop, it means that dog is scare?

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 2

Internal Moderator
1 minute ago, 13177 said:

Even you minimise the interaction with your colleagues, but all of you still meet each other within the office lo. So if anyone kana covid or some virus, it would easily pass to each other. That is why even companies have wfm arrangement for their staff, but also need to segregate two or more different teams, so that colleagues would not meet at all. Lol.

Your timid dog first time see the LPG gas uncle deliver gas tank arh? [laugh] Anyway, when dog see strangers and bark non-stop, it means that dog is scare?

OIC. I will oblige on the WFM from now on!

Usually, they bark is because they are scared at the same time they wanna guard their area. Since the LPG uncle he long long one time then see once. But my dog super timid one. She see bird fly pass she also scare. hahaha.

• Haha! 3

Just wondering for all of you who have season parking at office. WFH, got go cancel season parking at office or continue to pay just to keep the slot. Or building management so good until give waiver for these few months?

Supersonic
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Just wondering for all of you who have season parking at office. WFH, got go cancel season parking at office or continue to pay just to keep the slot. Or building management so good until give waiver for these few months?

As far as i know, no such thing of temporary suspense or waiver for the season parking bought, esp if your season parking is located in commercial building in cbd area de. So no choice still continue to pay lo. Esp some season parking require to pay quarterly or 6 months in advance, dont think they would bother if you got park or not. Lol.

I guess even you are away for business trip for 2-3 weeks or go reservist and did not go office. The season parking still continue to pay accordingly. Unless the carpark management now so good, make an exception for this covid and allow temporary suspense or wavier?

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 2

2 hours ago, bsswan said:

I lasted 2-days😟

josephine teo want to catch u! 

• Haha! 5

Supercharged
On 3/31/2020 at 8:45 AM, Atrecord said:

i will start soon. 

Colleagues who are auntie level ones, using desktops in office, also forced to WFH soon. Lucky managed to loan laptops from IT for them. 

what a hassle and challenge to get them to have their laptops ready and operational - email, VPN, Teams, connectivity to office servers, OneDrive, etc.

Luckily not like NTU...

Screenshot_20200401-153833~3.png

• Shocked 2

(edited)
On 3/30/2020 at 7:12 PM, Coltplussport said:

Need an office chair for my wife, any recommendation? No second hand please. Budget cap at $1k. 

Good thing the search bar can find your post

this one looks like my ergohuman v2 with no headrest. 

https://secretlab.sg/collections/neue#neuechair-silver

I wonder why they don’t sell with head rest. The head rest is so good that whenever my boss go for business trips, I can recline and sleep :grin:

Ergohuman nobody selling in sg already

heng that time I manage to get at $600. It is so good that my office friends die die don’t want to sell :XD:

edmw people hate secret lab chair due to leather or Pu cracking But sweat does dry up leather so that’s why I took nylon mesh 

sorry just realise now they got sell at nearly $1000!?!?!?!??!!!!!! 🐼

https://ergohuman.sg/collections/classic

Different seller I guess

the previous guy selling $600 Toh Liao 😞

Edited by Mustank
  • Praise 4

37 minutes ago, Mustank said:

Good thing the search bar can find your post

OT... how to search within a thread on some keywords used in a certain post huh? Before the change, i knew and could search. After the upgrade, i've not been able to do it leh...

↡ Advertisement