How I cope with WFH (Working from home)

kobayashiGT

3 hours ago, Tkseah said:

Luckily not like NTU...

Screenshot_20200401-153833~3.png

TMD... actually my office got some colleagues also like this hor... They even said those aunties on post-retirement contract basis, also should do this... Really is siao one...

This type i wonder how MOM will view it...

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

josephine teo want to catch u! 

Nope...... The rule is companies must allow WFH, which it does. I only prefer to WFO and for me that means driving in and having my own place in the office, so equally as safe as WFH.

I don't interact with anybody and my opinion about WFH is to reduce office contact and travel of employees by public transport, both of which I get a pass.

• Haha! 2

1 hour ago, Atrecord said:

OT... how to search within a thread on some keywords used in a certain post huh? Before the change, i knew and could search. After the upgrade, i've not been able to do it leh...

I thought the search bar can search for both post and title?

Supersonic
(edited)
12 hours ago, bsswan said:

Nope...... The rule is companies must allow WFH, which it does. I only prefer to WFO and for me that means driving in and having my own place in the office, so equally as safe as WFH.

I don't interact with anybody and my opinion about WFH is to reduce office contact and travel of employees by public transport, both of which I get a pass.

No wonder my company big bosses and HR dont really like the idea of WFM cause all of them drive to work de, so they do not need to take public transport and so they do not understand those staff who is taking public transport and exposing themselves to higher risk of contacting with people. Those who drive car until office building carpark usually would not empathy commoner like us. Lol.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

15 hours ago, Atrecord said:

TMD... actually my office got some colleagues also like this hor... They even said those aunties on post-retirement contract basis, also should do this... Really is siao one...

This type i wonder how MOM will view it...

good time to request for funding for work automation from chenhu lor... 

Work from home has always been there, just that the culture of mistrust is that people who work from home do not do any work

A neighbour shared this:

A7DFCF0F-48B3-4DCA-B81C-6EF94DFA84F5.thumb.jpeg.b412544fa156661fbf2794bd97c2977c.jpeg.jpg.e76108a2304dbdadad4775721ef350b5.jpg

Just for laughs.

Laughter is the best medicine so some say.

I say its a thin line between sanity and insanity, calm and panic.

Take care and keep well 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 3

Supersonic
18 minutes ago, Sdf4786k said:

good time to request for funding for work automation from chenhu lor... 

Work from home has always been there, just that the culture of mistrust is that people who work from home do not do any work

Actually many people who work in the office doesnt mean they are doing a lot of work also. But old school type of management, bosses want to see their staff physically in the office, even they did not do any work also better than they work from home and cannot see them at all. Lol.

Internal Moderator
37 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

A neighbour shared this:

A7DFCF0F-48B3-4DCA-B81C-6EF94DFA84F5.thumb.jpeg.b412544fa156661fbf2794bd97c2977c.jpeg.jpg.e76108a2304dbdadad4775721ef350b5.jpg

Just for laughs.

Laughter is the best medicine so some say.

I say its a thin line between sanity and insanity, calm and panic.

Take care and keep well 

Safe ride 

Cheers 

HAHA. I totally agree.

Supercharged

Chenghu should lower utility rates coz more people working from home and washing hands and showering more often than before.

1 hour ago, Kklim said:

Chenghu should lower utility rates coz more people working from home and washing hands and showering more often than before.

Not forgetting the killer - aircon - for a lot of people leh...

i'm using one fan on each side. Hot, but bear with it... when my son does home-learning, made noise said hot, want aircon!!!

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

Not forgetting the killer - aircon - for a lot of people leh...

i'm using one fan on each side. Hot, but bear with it... when my son does home-learning, made noise said hot, want aircon!!!

I tried working at home without aircon also. Only manage to tahan for one morning, after lunch I on aircon all the way. cannot take the heat.

• Haha! 3

1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

I tried working at home without aircon also. Only manage to tahan for one morning, after lunch I on aircon all the way. cannot take the heat.

This afternoon at least got some reprieve. But even with the heavy rain, my thermometer still says 32C...

• Haha! 3

Internal Moderator
18 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

This afternoon at least got some reprieve. But even with the heavy rain, my thermometer still says 32C...

You need a home that has no roof.

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e4767a2d36d2e07acf9e

↡ Advertisement
  • Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1