How I cope with WFH (Working from home)

kobayashiGT

Supercharged
On 4/29/2021 at 9:25 PM, Didu said:

I knew this day would arrive. I just received instruction from my boss to start WFO one day per week. I guess it's better than loosing the job to a FT that's allowed to WFH overseas.

My boss suddenly put on hold my WFO plan. I guess you also know why.  :grin: 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Didu said:

Yes, have heard some have started to go into brake mode or reverse gear over the weekend...

My boss actually wanted to put my team to be on a hybrid mode but suddenly our global HQ pulled the plug across all businesses on the upgrades...want to WFH or WFO also cannot decide...have to go by one week at a time liao😅 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
18 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Yes, have heard some have started to go into brake mode or reverse gear over the weekend...

My boss actually wanted to put my team to be on a hybrid mode but suddenly our global HQ pulled the plug across all businesses on the upgrades...want to WFH or WFO also cannot decide...have to go by one week at a time liao😅 

4G leadership style ... decision is made week by week? 

• Haha! 3

Supersonic
25 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Think bosses want to decide on WFO but covid situation no good and gahment advise WFH if can do so. So bosses just give instruction week by week, so that give liao (wfh) easy to take back later la.

• Haha! 1

Just now, 13177 said:

Think bosses want to decide on WFO but covid situation no good and gahment advise WFH if can do so. So bosses just give instruction week by week, so that give liao (wfh) easy to take back later la.

Change is the only constant...but businesses like consistency...i is boh pian...small ikan bilis paid to do the sai kang dirty job to make things happen regardless...😁

• Haha! 2

Turbocharged

After a year bosses still no see open and staff still abusing the WFH arrangement.. who to blame..

• Praise 1

39 minutes ago, Ody_2004 said:

After a year bosses still no see open and staff still abusing the WFH arrangement.. who to blame..

Many prefer to LAH than WFH...

Lepak At Home 

Bosses included hor 😁

• Haha! 5

Supersonic
(edited)
1 hour ago, Ody_2004 said:

Too bad most staff cannot be trusted and have no self discipline, so how can bosses see open on WFH arrangement le?! 😅 So better all WFO.

Even some staff WFO also can have no self discipline lo. Go long hour lunch without feeling paiseh, chit chat during working hours non stop or always MIA to smoke break or toilet break. 😓

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Twincharged
4 hours ago, Didu said:

With the safe distancing violation now at jail term n 10000 fined, you think your boss wants to risk ego n say “u better come to office if you know what’s good for u “meh?

• Haha! 1

Twincharged
49 minutes ago, 13177 said:

Too bad most staff cannot be trusted and have no self discipline, so how can bosses see open on WFH arrangement le?! 😅 So better all WFO.

Even some staff WFO also can have no self discipline lo. Go long hour lunch without feeling paiseh, chit chat during working hours non stop or always MIA to smoke break or toilet break. 😓

Go by deliverables not clock time.. like month end closing if cannot get done.. there’s hell to pay. 

but I’d everything goes smoothly, why even bother to do time keeping

Hypersonic
(edited)

Company just announced world wide office WFH extend till end Sep. Except production and warehouses staff.

Originally was end  June.  

Since last year Mar, I had WFH for 15 months already.

Need to continue to think what to eat for lunch at home everyday.

Edited by Tohto
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 6

(edited)
2 minutes ago, Tohto said:

Company just announced world wide office WFH extend till end Sep. Except production and warehouses staff.

Originally was end  June.  

Since last year Mar, I had WFH for 15 months already.

Need to continue to think what to eat for lunch at home everyday.

will this change MNC perception that no need to import FT into SG already ... can WFHomeland ... 

Edited by Wt_know

Turbocharged
On 5/2/2021 at 1:29 PM, mersaylee said:

Change is the only constant...but businesses like consistency...i is boh pian...small ikan bilis paid to do the sai kang dirty job to make things happen regardless...😁

Yeah, that's the terrible thing for us foot-soldiers and up to junior/mid management.

No concession or postponing at all.

12 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

Yeah, that's the terrible thing for us foot-soldiers and up to junior/mid management.

No concession or postponing at all.

Agreed. I was very lucky when my boss was reluctant to back me up when I requested for an extension of deadline for a project but his counterpart from another department was willing to take the hit for me...now he's my boss's boss 😁

• Haha! 1

Suitable time for a bump.........

First day schools are WfH, it's 9am and the foggers have started already........ What could possibly go wrong? 🤨

Only hope SAF shut-the-f-up long enough today to get some work done 🙄

Wow, 27"

Yeah, I bought a whole new set-up in March and just yesterday a new full mesh chair that will be delivered next week - my current chair is already 12-13yrs old so the spongy bits are no longer spongy so the next two months would be tough on the bottom 😁

Wish MoE had been as prepared........ my son, and my colleague's son each having issues with SLS crashing and unable to download work.

• Praise 2