How I cope with WFH (Working from home)

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator

How I cope with WFH (Working from home)

giphy.gif

So this is how I am coping with working from home. I am not the most diligent worker you have seen. But my motto is work smart don't work hard. 

So my job scope is smth like a dialysis machine. . . My boss will have something that needs to improve or need to work on, then I will be the one working on it, making sure that the end products are relatable to the dealers/consumers. And of cuz, MyCarForum is my baby. So everyone here always sees me commenting, laughing, goofing around here. So you can say I am a papa-san in MCF. @RadX & @BabyBlade is still the discipline master and mistress.

So, in the morning I wake up in my usual timing, I will pack my bed, do some mediation and light exercise before I wash up myself. 

giphy.gif

Once, I have wash-up, I make myself a cup of oat milk.

th?id=OIP.00F_ySLuRdaDNWJO6HcMwAHaE8&pid

And because now my office is just like 13 steps away, I just take a slowwww walk back to my "office".

I usually start my day with MCF, checking all the past replies and try to find interesting news to share inside MCF. And once I have done it, I will check on my email. replying to all the necessary correspondent.

I also try to make my room as bright as possible, so that I am in the zone of working. Usually, my room is like a bat cave.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e4728b9d9457d8dbffd35

I do not take naps and after a few tasks and replying on MCF, time flies. And it is time for lunch!

I took my bicycle and cycle to kopitiam and dabao-ed duck rice.

F7F445D9-B118-418E-B5C9-E8C2FFE79076_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.349c8288c38e3d99ff3c02560af5284b.jpeg

And I will eat at my dining table instead of my room. Just to change the environment abit. While eating, I did watch a bit of the Porsche documentary that @Mockngbrd recommend. Quite a nice documentary. TBH. I haven't finished yet thou.

Then after my lunch, I rest a bit, went down and walk my dog and bring her go pee pee.

ACFE10D9-DD43-4DE4-94A5-136EEC03ED90_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.6dd250cb48e1f9677ed1e6f94c6a977e.jpeg

Then when I am back home, I went to shower to freshen myself.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e477eb19fb20611bb6e10

Once I am done with the shower, I am back to work! Same old, same old. making sure some of my tasks is done, talking to my colleagues in teams. And usually, during the afternoon my concentration wasn't at my prime. I will "wander" off to read on some other stuff. Mainly is tech/car. (checking how to mod my car or what new stuff xiaomi come out.) Walk to the kitchen and make myself a cup of green tea, and munched on some biscuit.

Chatted with my HR abit, as she is making sure we are all working at home.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47327f9b67b535b60230

Then go back to work. . . 

My co-worker have different live thou. 😕

128FC95D-5A41-47CD-A4C4-85CD490E4B0B_1_102_o.thumb.jpeg.e4ee5b27d4d5e43db57d738c7c8d64b3.jpeg

She just NAPPPPPPPP alll the wayyyyy!

What do I think of working from home?

It is definitely a good initiative at this time, as you minimise on public transport and socializing. However, the person who is working from home, must have some vigilant/discipline, if not end of the day you will be simpson-ing all the way.

Here's are some of the things that I find it helpful for myself when I am working from home.

1. Have a designated work area. (Tell yourself, when you are there, you are working.)
  2. No working at your bed.
  3. I play music while I am working so depends on your style.
  4. Separate your dining away from your work area.
  5. On aircon/shower if needed. (I tried not to on aircon during the morning, but I BTH. Once I have showered,  I on air-con and work)
  6. Have a very realistic to-do list (try to strike out as many as possible, can add more list along the way too)
  7. Walk around or make urself a coffee if you are not in the zone. (same when you are in the office)

So here are some of my takes for working at home. I think is doable, but the end day is still the trust between you and your employer lah. They must trust you, and you must not abuse it also. 🙂

Okay! back to work!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 16
  • Haha! 5

3 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Where is your computer!!!! 

Work place uses mics, no need computers. All staff trying to work from home too. Doesn't work. 😂

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
Just now, Volvobrick said:

Work place uses mics, no need computers. All staff trying to work from home too. Doesn't work. 😂

Don't tell me this is your occupation!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Haha! 2

44 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

How I cope with WFM (Working from home)

giphy.gif

So this is how I am coping with working from home. I am not the most diligent worker you have seen. But my motto is work smart don't work hard. 

So my job scope is smth like a dialysis machine. . . My boss will have something that needs to improve or need to work on, then I will be the one working on it, making sure that the end products are relatable to the dealers/consumers. And of cuz, MyCarForum is my baby. So everyone here always sees me commenting, laughing, goofing around here. So you can say I am a papa-san in MCF. @RadX & @BabyBlade is still the discipline master and mistress.

So, in the morning I wake up in my usual timing, I will pack my bed, do some mediation and light exercise before I wash up myself. 

giphy.gif

And because now my office is just like 13 steps away, I just take a slowwww walk back to my "office".

I usually start my day with MCF, checking all the past replies and try to find interesting news to share inside MCF. And once I have done it, I will check on my email. replying to all the necessary correspondent.

I also try to make my room as bright as possible, so that I am in the zone of working. Usually, my room is like a bat cave.

I do not take naps and after a few tasks and replying on MCF, time flies. And it is time for lunch!

F7F445D9-B118-418E-B5C9-E8C2FFE79076_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.349c8288c38e3d99ff3c02560af5284b.jpeg

And I will eat at my dining table instead of my room. Just to change the environment abit. While eating, I did watch a bit of the Porsche documentary that @Mockngbrd recommend. Quite a nice documentary. TBH. I haven't finished yet thou.

Then after my lunch, I rest a bit, went down and walk my dog and bring her go pee pee.

ACFE10D9-DD43-4DE4-94A5-136EEC03ED90_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.6dd250cb48e1f9677ed1e6f94c6a977e.jpeg

Once I am done with the shower, I am back to work! Same old, same old. making sure some of my tasks is done, talking to my colleagues in teams. And usually, during the afternoon my concentration wasn't at my prime. I will "wander" off to read on some other stuff. Mainly is tech/car. (checking how to mod my car or what new stuff xiaomi come out.) Walk to the kitchen and make myself a cup of green tea, and munched on some biscuit.

128FC95D-5A41-47CD-A4C4-85CD490E4B0B_1_102_o.thumb.jpeg.e4ee5b27d4d5e43db57d738c7c8d64b3.jpeg

It is definitely a good initiative at this time, as you minimise on public transport and socializing. However, the person who is working from home, must have some vigilant/discipline, if not end of the day you will be simpson-ing all the way.

Here's are some of the things that I find it helpful for myself when I am working from home.

1. Have a designated work area. (Tell yourself, when you are there, you are working.)
  5. On aircon/shower if needed. (I tried not to on aircon during the morning, but I BTH. Once I have showered,  I on air-con and work)
  6. Have a very realistic to-do list (try to strike out as many as possible, can add more list along the way too)
  7. Walk around or make urself a coffee if you are not in the zone. (same when you are in the office)

So here are some of my takes for working at home. I think is doable, but the end day is still the trust between you and your employer lah. They must trust you, and you must not abuse it also. 🙂

Okay! back to work!

Now then I know I hv mistress 😂😂

• Haha! 2

1 minute ago, Throttle2 said:

Working from Home is WFH not WFM.

Grammar polis Lai liao

i think he dys....... hi class disease

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Volvobrick said:

Can't cope....got to go back office! 

20200330_174219.jpg.927f51b01dc57f85bd9972aac1470476.jpg

wah... that’s silangkia in the centre is it?

🤣

• Haha! 9

Supercharged
1 hour ago, kobayashiGT said:

How I cope with WFH (Working from home)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Okay! back to work!

Enjoy while it last lor......

Cos for me, work from home means no work and no income.....[bigcry]

• Haha! 1

36 minutes ago, Coltplussport said:

Need an office chair for my wife, any recommendation? No second hand please. Budget cap at $1k. 

Sorry different league, must ask T2.

$1k I can buy 10 [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 5