How I cope with WFH (Working from home)

kobayashiGT

Internal Moderator
14 hours ago, Kklee said:

IMHO.
For work, modems were sufficient as emails were more text based and companies used mid-range and /or mainframes with customized software that were text based.
With these systems,  slightly faster ISDN were sufficient for multi-users applications like airline ticketing.
Thereafter,  modems allow multiplayer games to be played online. 
Also,  unknown to many, there were even PCMCIA modems that could connect to mobile phones to remotely connect back to office. 
While we have  Google Home and Amazon Alexa now,  in 1996,  technology was already available to command the computer using voice for surfing web and dictation. 

Last time the whole family is fighting over the telephone line. When me and my brother is using the computer surfing netscape, if my mother wanna call using the telephone, we will run to her and beg her not to call for a while more! hahahah. Then she lan lan go down to find her friend instead of calling. hahaha. lucky her friend are all nearby only. hahaha

↡ Advertisement
  • Haha! 2

18 hours ago, 13177 said:

Many companies dont mind on the office rental cost la, since they have already been paying it for dont know how many years liao, until this covid came into picture. Lol. Employees point of view surely dont see any problems with wfh, but employers point of view, not all support wfh unless no choice like now. If got choice, most employers still prefer employees to be physically in the office, whether got work to do or not still must appear in the office. Lol.

That's the wrong deduction 

5 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Last time the whole family is fighting over the telephone line. When me and my brother is using the computer surfing netscape, if my mother wanna call using the telephone, we will run to her and beg her not to call for a while more! hahahah. Then she lan lan go down to find her friend instead of calling. hahaha. lucky her friend are all nearby only. hahaha

NETSCAPE ! 
Erm...   fight then shiok... give "value" to the telephone line.   Now, telephone line no more value. 😀
I would say last time is CARE and SHARE.  Now.... cannot comment.  😀

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
Just now, Kklee said:

NETSCAPE ! 
Erm...   fight then shiok... give "value" to the telephone line.   Now, telephone line no more value. 😀
I would say last time is CARE and SHARE.  Now.... cannot comment.  😀

Yeah. Those were the days. hahaha.

• Praise 1

18 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

Yeah. Those were the days. hahaha.

Eh... for you har.  I not so old one leh.   Those information I dig out one .......... 
😎

9 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Why never get 2nd line just for internet? Thatz what we did previously. Then the 2nd line also used as fax.

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
1 hour ago, Adrianli said:

Why never get 2nd line just for internet? Thatz what we did previously. Then the 2nd line also used as fax.

Cannot remember le. Last time I was only a kid. I dunno can have 2 line also. hahahah

Neutral Newbie

not a fan of gaming chairs, they all feel too hot. kinda weird there isn't a mesh gaming chair, to be honest. 

i've recommended this chair before, tried it in taiwan and bought it in malaysia. about half price of herman miller aeron 😂

https://ergoland.com.my/collections/seating-solutions/products/truly-ergonomic-chair

maybe you can find it in SG? idk

• Praise 2

Internal Moderator
59 minutes ago, evonneng said:

not a fan of gaming chairs, they all feel too hot. kinda weird there isn't a mesh gaming chair, to be honest. 

i've recommended this chair before, tried it in taiwan and bought it in malaysia. about half price of herman miller aeron 😂

https://ergoland.com.my/collections/seating-solutions/products/truly-ergonomic-chair

maybe you can find it in SG? idk

I own a secret labs titan gaming chair. I must say it is really good for productivity.

yeah. it will get a bit warm. But livable lah.

9 minutes ago, Didu said:

Those who have been working from home, looks like we're going to continue doing so in 2021. Huat Ah!!  [laugh]

Work-from-home should remain default arrangement to minimise COVID-19 risk: Tripartite partners

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/work-from-home-default-flexible-working-hours-covid-19-mom-ntuc-14020328

I am seeing 99% of the company not following,  especially SME.

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Tohto said:

I am seeing 99% of the company not following,  especially SME.

Yes, many companies are not following wfh liao. So many people have been going back to office most of the days or everyday. Cause garment announced phase 3 ma, so means “no more” covid liao. 😂 So now they announced wfh shall remain default arrangement, so dont know how many companies would follow?

Supercharged
1 hour ago, Wt_know said:

yes! thank you ... 

84C283B4-A6FA-411E-BEE8-B6E9DF108F6B.jpeg

Boss : "What's that noise I hear in the background?"

Staff: "My laptop is emitting some static, and the fan is making louder noise."

Boss: "Bring your laptop in for replacement. I'll inform IT to take care for you."

Staff: "OK, boss...[:p]"

• Haha! 2

Supercharged

I knew this day would arrive. I just received instruction from my boss to start WFO one day per week. I guess it's better than loosing the job to a FT that's allowed to WFH overseas.

• Praise 2