[Consolidation] Singapore Otters

RickyWee

Hypersonic
8 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

I think quite hard.one shot gonna catch like 10-15 otters will be a manpower-intensive mission. 

If catch one by one, When they send them back to the gang, dunno they will still accept that fella anot. 😕

I'm sure AVA has the knowhow to make them bite the bait.... they have caught monkeys previously; Of course needs care; I think if a few caught the rest will think they kenna "quarantine" ; I reckon only the males will be released unless they do castration to them also so cannot go and "rape" other gang prize.... Of course now during Covid19 I think this is the least of their problems        

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

6 hours ago, 13177 said:

No need to catch them or cull them if they do not come into residential area and community to create problem. Like those monkeys also large in population but if they stay put inside the forest, no need to bother about them.

Monkeys are intelligent, thy know their boundary and perimeter, Otters are smart too, thy invade, ambush and attacks in others mammals, fishes and creates nuisance, I hope NEA take a serious view of such recalcitrant act by Otters, sooner or later, our homes will be invaded by such pest.

Turbocharged
On 3/31/2020 at 9:00 PM, Meanmachine said:

I hope the relevant authority do something about it. Seriously once these otters intrude into our habitat, one fine day, we gonna face bigger issue/ problem especially with children's and senior visiting nearby Bishan/ AMK park . . . Get rid of theses pest intruders once and for all

As much as you're concerned with otter attacks, I think one should refrain from such irresponsible statements. Learn to live in peace with other fellow creatures. Selfishness has no place in a society especially a crowded one.

• Praise 6

Turbocharged
On 5/15/2020 at 3:56 PM, Meanmachine said:

Monkeys are intelligent, thy know their boundary and perimeter, Otters are smart too, thy invade, ambush and attacks in others mammals, fishes and creates nuisance, I hope NEA take a serious view of such recalcitrant act by Otters, sooner or later, our homes will be invaded by such pest.

https://www.tnp.sg/news/singapore/resident-scared-monkeys-entering-petir-road-flat

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/wild-monkey-terrorised-segar-road-residents-finally-caught

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/monkey-that-stole-eggs-scratched-child-in-punggol-hdb-estate-has-been-captured-ava

Just to let you know that monkeys indeed are intelligent and know which boundaries to push.

But that is not the point. The point is that humans have enroached into the natural animal territory for many many years.  In this densely populated country, all of us need to practice patience and living in peace with other animal species. Humans are not the only species living in any area. Biodiversity is a given. 

• Praise 1

On 5/15/2020 at 3:56 PM, Meanmachine said:

Their ancestors were here many years before your ancestor landed in Singapore.  We invaded their homes.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 2

Internal Moderator
2 hours ago, RickyWee said:

grass grow out can play hide-and-seek already

So cute!!!

like the arcade whack a mole!

whack-a-mole.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Who got koi sponsor arh? The otters poor thing leh. hahah. Now have to 吃草🤣

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
16 minutes ago, kobayashiGT said:

So cute!!!

like the arcade whack a mole!

whack-a-mole.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Who got koi sponsor arh? The otters poor thing leh. hahah. Now have to 吃草🤣

You still havent buy koi ah?

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator
8 minutes ago, 13177 said:

You still havent buy koi ah?

No leh. I don't have a pond. Anyone house got a pond or swimming pool? hahaha.

• Haha! 1

Internal Moderator

Otters Frolic Freely Near Zouk Bridge, Exactly Capture Our Phase 2 Mood

source: https://mustsharenews.com/otters-zouk-bridge/

Otters-Frolic-Freely-Near-Zouk-Bridge-Ex

Otters Get Sunbath Near Zouk Bridge

After 2 months of ‘Circuit Breaker’ and another fortnight of Phase 1, Singaporeans were stoked when the nation finally entered Phase 2 of reopening on 19 Jun.

Most activities finally resumed during this phase, and we rejoiced at the chance to see friends and loved ones again.

On Wednesday (17 Jun), a video was shared on Facebook showing a romp of otters frolicking on the steps near Jiak Kim Bridge, accurately capturing how we felt as we embarked on Phase 2 of reopening.

Otters getting a taste in the sun

In the video lasting 57 seconds, a romp of at least 10 otters was seen sunbathing along the banks of a river.

Screenshot_456.png

No doubt, some Singaporeans were probably doing the exact same thing somewhere else.

Some otters are apparently nuzzling others in their brethren. For humans, this would be an excessive Public Display of Affection (PDA), but anything goes for these creatures.

Screenshot_457.png

The scene reminds us of the elation we felt when we were finally able to go out during Phase 2.

Based on the surroundings, the scene appears to take place along the Singapore River, near Jiak Kim Bridge.

https://www.google.com/maps?ll=1.292283,103.835712&z=17&t=m&hl=en&gl=SG&mapclient=embed&cid=11561363056972296015

Some may recall that this area is close to where Zouk is, hence it’s popularly known as the ‘Zouk bridge’.

jiak-kim-bridge.jpg

😍 aren't they cute! hahahha.

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 2

4 hours ago, kobayashiGT said:

Otters Frolic Freely Near Zouk Bridge, Exactly Capture Our Phase 2 Mood

source: https://mustsharenews.com/otters-zouk-bridge/

Otters-Frolic-Freely-Near-Zouk-Bridge-Ex

Otters Get Sunbath Near Zouk Bridge

After 2 months of ‘Circuit Breaker’ and another fortnight of Phase 1, Singaporeans were stoked when the nation finally entered Phase 2 of reopening on 19 Jun.

Most activities finally resumed during this phase, and we rejoiced at the chance to see friends and loved ones again.

On Wednesday (17 Jun), a video was shared on Facebook showing a romp of otters frolicking on the steps near Jiak Kim Bridge, accurately capturing how we felt as we embarked on Phase 2 of reopening.

Otters getting a taste in the sun

In the video lasting 57 seconds, a romp of at least 10 otters was seen sunbathing along the banks of a river.

Screenshot_456.png

No doubt, some Singaporeans were probably doing the exact same thing somewhere else.

Some otters are apparently nuzzling others in their brethren. For humans, this would be an excessive Public Display of Affection (PDA), but anything goes for these creatures.

Screenshot_457.png

The scene reminds us of the elation we felt when we were finally able to go out during Phase 2.

Based on the surroundings, the scene appears to take place along the Singapore River, near Jiak Kim Bridge.

https://www.google.com/maps?ll=1.292283,103.835712&z=17&t=m&hl=en&gl=SG&mapclient=embed&cid=11561363056972296015

Some may recall that this area is close to where Zouk is, hence it’s popularly known as the ‘Zouk bridge’.

jiak-kim-bridge.jpg

😍 aren't they cute! hahahha.

orhor more than 5 otters together

• Haha! 2

Hypersonic
9 minutes ago, RickyWee said:

Even PM Lee posting about otters :secret-laugh:

They never go finish up all the koi in the pond.

• Haha! 1

image.png.6c0dc1ad2eb68f1d20c3d387b100af8a.png

we are not the only ones enjoying the cooling weather today,

adorable otter sleeping in a bird's-nest fern😍

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 3