Hiring a domestic helper - tips and info needed

therock

Turbocharged

My maid's contract is going to expire in this October, and she doesn't wish to continue any more as she has been with us for 8 years.  She intends to back to Indonesia in Oct.

Is there any procedure I need to follow up for closure?  Or just buy her a ticket and that's all?

↡ Advertisement

Hypersonic
34 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

My maid's contract is going to expire in this October, and she doesn't wish to continue any more as she has been with us for 8 years.  She intends to back to Indonesia in Oct.

Is there any procedure I need to follow up for closure?  Or just buy her a ticket and that's all?

Bring her go close her bank acct if she has one. Cancel work permit after she leaves.  Do your own stock take,  esp small jewellery like ear rings. Do your check if she needs to courier stuffs back.  Buy ticket.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Hypersonic
1 hour ago, Albeniz said:

to have a maid work for 8 years is like god sent ; She is like family already by then ....... fly her buziness class :grin: 

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

31 minutes ago, Watwheels said:

Got give ang bao or not?

Got touch her or not .... [sly]

Touch better give to seal her mouth or she make police report, you tua kee ... [sweatdrop]

:grin:

• Shocked 1
  • Haha! 2

Don't eat anything cook for the last meal...unless she's like Loki's wonder master chef calibre helper 😁

JK

A relative had one for over 20 years...even flew back to attend the boy's wedding...it's actually quite common with the early batch of old timers...

• Praise 1

46 minutes ago, Tianmo said:

Bring her go close her bank acct if she has one. Cancel work permit after she leaves.  Do your own stock take,  esp small jewellery like ear rings. Do your check if she needs to courier stuffs back.  Buy ticket.  [laugh][laugh][laugh]

No need so troublesome.... 

One month before her WP expire, MOM will send a letter to owner to check if owner wants to renew. If owner never reply, automatically, the WP lapse. Owner then have to produce a photocopy of a one-way air ticket & date of departure and send to MOM.

Can apply to MOM for up to one month extension from her last day if cannot secure any air ticket. 

Mine also going back next week after 8 years. She volunteered to stay back 10 days to help & teach the new maid which coming tomorrow. 

• Praise 3

Supersonic
3 minutes ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

No need so troublesome.... 

One month before her WP expire, MOM will send a letter to owner to check if owner wants to renew. If owner never reply, automatically, the WP lapse. Owner then have to produce a photocopy of a one-way air ticket & date of departure and send to MOM.

Can apply to MOM for up to one month extension from her last day if cannot secure any air ticket. 

Mine also going back next week after 8 years. She volunteered to stay back 10 days to help & teach the new maid which coming tomorrow. 

Maid also got handover duties to the new one coming in? Like working in a company, during 2 months notice need to handover and teach the new successor?! Lol.

• Praise 1

7 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

to have a maid work for 8 years is like god sent ; She is like family already by then ....... fly her buziness class :grin: 

Fly business class to Bali then take first class ferry to surabaya and take a limousine to home town? 😅

• Haha! 1

Hypersonic
47 minutes ago, mersaylee said:

Fly business class to Bali then take first class ferry to surabaya and take a limousine to home town? 😅

You got it all figured out …… bagus 👍

29 minutes ago, BanCoe said:

You got it all figured out …… bagus 👍

If me...I'll ask her if she could swim...float and bikini much much cheaper...😁

8 hours ago, Picnic06-Biante15 said:

Got touch her or not .... [sly]

Touch better give to seal her mouth or she make police report, you tua kee ... [sweatdrop]

:grin:

Better don't touch, wait later go back home town pop 1 baby, then become life long liability.

• Haha! 1

Supersonic
On 6/27/2021 at 4:35 PM, therock said:

I tried transfer helpers  during the peak covid period nearly 2 years ago when there was no new  import helpers available, basically they were the one screening and interviewing employers, not the other way round. And they were looking for easy job, not too big house, higher salary of $800 and above. Despite  laying down conditions like no need to use vacum cleaner because I have 2 roborocks, no need to wash car at all, I was willing to offer up to $850, but still no takers.  

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)
9 hours ago, Watwheels said:

Got give ang bao or not?

give her a kiss and a big hug will do, tell her say doing on behalf of mdm. 

Edited by Ct3833
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
2 minutes ago, Ct3833 said:

I tried transfer helpers  during the peak covid period nearly 2 years ago when there was no new  import helpers available, basically they were the one screening and interviewing employers, not the other way round. And they were looking for easy job, not too big house, higher salary of $800 and above. Despite  laying down conditions like no need to use vacum cleaner because I have 2 roborocks, no need to wash car at all, I was willing to offer up to $850, but still no takers.  

Your house too big liao, thats why no takers?! 😅 Maybe those maids are looking to work in a 3 room hdb?! Lol.

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic
14 hours ago, 13177 said:

Your house too big liao, thats why no takers?! 😅 Maybe those maids are looking to work in a 3 room hdb?! Lol.

they were simply looking for easy job, walk the dog, employers not at home type of job. Because during covid peak period, there were no new helpers, they could screen and choose the type of employers they want.