COVID-19 : Are you retrenched? Or Salary Cut?

Pss2

Turbocharged
On 4/5/2020 at 1:35 PM, AlexTan05 said:

One of my Malaysian friend is drawing a basic salary of $1000 and is facing a 75% paycut. His boss mention that Government encourage employers to deduct salary up to 50% instead of fry cuttlefish. So basic from $1k become $500. Then what happen next is another 50% deduction by the Company so Basic become $250. If he choose not to accept, the other option is to take no pay leave for 1 month or get fired.

At least your friend can opt to go back malaysia in the meantime, if the reduced salary not enough to sustain. There are still some jobs here looking for malaysians to fill the gaps left by those that left earlier.

Consider FW from PRC, they are virtually stuck here with their only hope that the CB is not extended and their employers' shops can re-open. They can't fly back to PRC because the high cost of the 1-way air ticket and ensuing 14-day quarantine will wipe out everything they have earned in past few months. 

Edited by Sosaria
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

50 minutes ago, Sosaria said:

At least your friend can opt to go back malaysia in the meantime, if the reduced salary not enough to sustain. There are still some jobs here looking for malaysians to fill the gaps left by those that left earlier.

Consider FW from PRC, they are virtually stuck here with their only hope that the CB is not extended and their employers' shops can re-open. They can't fly back to PRC because the high cost of the 1-way air ticket and ensuing 14-day quarantine will wipe out everything they have earned in past few months. 

I think the Malaysia govt do not allow their own citizens to go back until they do the COVID test here

KUALA LUMPUR • Malaysia will waive the 14-day quarantine requirement for its workers returning from Singapore, provided they test negative for the coronavirus, news site Malaysiakini reported yesterday.

The government said the returning Malaysians should first undergo a swab test in Singapore and then present the test certificate at the entry point in Malaysia.

"Malaysians working in Singapore who wish to return to Malaysia during the movement control order (MCO) period are required to get a swab test in Singapore and present a letter or certificate to confirm he or she is free of Covid-19 at the entry point before being allowed to enter.

"They will not need to be quarantined if they are confirmed to be negative," said immigration director-general Khairul Dzaimee Daud in a letter addressed to the Johor Immigration Department seen by Malaysiakini.

The MCO, which is in force until April 14 to contain the pandemic, requires all Malaysians returning from abroad to be isolated for 14 days.

Malaysians are not allowed to go overseas, while tourists are not allowed into the country. Schools and non-essential businesses have been shuttered.

Before the order was implemented on March 18, an estimated 300,000 Malaysians commuted from Johor daily to work in Singapore.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Sad 1

Since malaysia MCO has been extended to 28 apr, dont know how those malaysian are doing in sg, esp during the CB period where many work has stopped.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

I think the Malaysia govt do not allow their own citizens to go back until they do the COVID test here

KUALA LUMPUR • Malaysia will waive the 14-day quarantine requirement for its workers returning from Singapore, provided they test negative for the coronavirus, news site Malaysiakini reported yesterday.

The government said the returning Malaysians should first undergo a swab test in Singapore and then present the test certificate at the entry point in Malaysia.

"Malaysians working in Singapore who wish to return to Malaysia during the movement control order (MCO) period are required to get a swab test in Singapore and present a letter or certificate to confirm he or she is free of Covid-19 at the entry point before being allowed to enter.

"They will not need to be quarantined if they are confirmed to be negative," said immigration director-general Khairul Dzaimee Daud in a letter addressed to the Johor Immigration Department seen by Malaysiakini.

The MCO, which is in force until April 14 to contain the pandemic, requires all Malaysians returning from abroad to be isolated for 14 days.

Malaysians are not allowed to go overseas, while tourists are not allowed into the country. Schools and non-essential businesses have been shuttered.

Before the order was implemented on March 18, an estimated 300,000 Malaysians commuted from Johor daily to work in Singapore.

MY should just implement SHN for returning citizens. 

Understand public health resources are stretched but don't understand why G is not allowing private labs to conduct the Covid test.  SG high cost of living is no joke for these people. Just the rental will kill them.

28 minutes ago, Voodooman said:

MY should just implement SHN for returning citizens. 

Understand public health resources are stretched but don't understand why G is not allowing private labs to conduct the Covid test.  SG high cost of living is no joke for these people. Just the rental will kill them.

You mean govt here bro? Now can. But don't know how much. I also want to do actually. 

All 20 polyclinics and some GPs can now perform coronavirus swab test

Patients who get the swab test done at the clinics will typically be asked to return home to wait for the result, as the lab needs time to process the samples.

SINGAPORE - Swab tests for the coronavirus have been extended from public and private hospitals here to all 20 polyclinics and several general practitioner clinics, The Straits Times has learnt.

The ParkwayHealth Laboratory, which comes under the Parkway Pantai group, said it has processed swab tests for more than 33 clinics under the Parkway Shenton chain of GP clinics since late March.

It also received samples from 21 GP clinics approved by the Ministry of Health (MOH) for such tests.

Eleven GP clinics under the Raffles Medical Group are also now able to conduct coronavirus swab tests, said its general manager Yong Yih Ming.

The samples will be sent to a lab designated by MOH, he added, without providing details.

Patients who get the swab test done at the clinics, including polyclinics, will typically be asked to return home to wait for the result, as the lab needs time to process the samples.

It can take more than a day for the result to be out.

If the result is positive for coronavirus, the patient will be informed before an ambulance is dispatched to his home to transport him to the nearest public hospital.

The gold standard test is done at laboratories, using the real-time Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) technique to detect virus genetic material in a patient's specimen.

In Singapore, the main lab that processes coronavirus tests is the National Public Health Laboratory at the National Centre for Infectious Diseases.

The ParkwayHealth Laboratory said that it has processed more than 1,000 tests since March 3, after receiving MOH approval.

It uses the Agency for Science, Technology and Research's (A*Star's) Fortitude test kits for Covid-19.

The A*Star test kit was developed with Tan Tock Seng Hospital, and has been used in six local public hospitals and four private hospitals in Singapore, according to the agency.

The ParkwayHealth Laboratory has been processing samples from GP clinics since late March, it revealed.

The more than 1,000 tests include those done at the GP clinics as well as those done for Covid-19 patients at Parkway hospitals. 

Apart from suspected cases, tests are also done on the recovering patients to check if they are still shedding the virus.

They can be discharged only after they attain negative Covid-19 swab test results on two consecutive days.

Edited by Fcw75
  • Praise 1

14 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

You mean govt here bro? Now can. But don't know how much. I also want to do actually. 

Patients who get the swab test done at the clinics will typically be asked to return home to wait for the result, as the lab needs time to process the samples.

SINGAPORE - Swab tests for the coronavirus have been extended from public and private hospitals here to all 20 polyclinics and several general practitioner clinics, The Straits Times has learnt.

The ParkwayHealth Laboratory, which comes under the Parkway Pantai group, said it has processed swab tests for more than 33 clinics under the Parkway Shenton chain of GP clinics since late March.

It also received samples from 21 GP clinics approved by the Ministry of Health (MOH) for such tests.

Eleven GP clinics under the Raffles Medical Group are also now able to conduct coronavirus swab tests, said its general manager Yong Yih Ming.

The samples will be sent to a lab designated by MOH, he added, without providing details.

Patients who get the swab test done at the clinics, including polyclinics, will typically be asked to return home to wait for the result, as the lab needs time to process the samples.

If the result is positive for coronavirus, the patient will be informed before an ambulance is dispatched to his home to transport him to the nearest public hospital.

The gold standard test is done at laboratories, using the real-time Reverse Transcription-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) technique to detect virus genetic material in a patient's specimen.

In Singapore, the main lab that processes coronavirus tests is the National Public Health Laboratory at the National Centre for Infectious Diseases.

The ParkwayHealth Laboratory said that it has processed more than 1,000 tests since March 3, after receiving MOH approval.

It uses the Agency for Science, Technology and Research's (A*Star's) Fortitude test kits for Covid-19.

The A*Star test kit was developed with Tan Tock Seng Hospital, and has been used in six local public hospitals and four private hospitals in Singapore, according to the agency.

The ParkwayHealth Laboratory has been processing samples from GP clinics since late March, it revealed.

The more than 1,000 tests include those done at the GP clinics as well as those done for Covid-19 patients at Parkway hospitals. 

Apart from suspected cases, tests are also done on the recovering patients to check if they are still shedding the virus.

They can be discharged only after they attain negative Covid-19 swab test results on two consecutive days.

Thanks for sharing.

Originally i heard they cost around $600-700 per test but was told cost has come down significantly. 

In MY, Pantai is charging RM700, so should be $300-400 in SG after profiteering by private players here. 

Don't think you can go polyclinic and ask for a test if you are well.  Why you want to be tested? 

Just now, Voodooman said:

Thanks for sharing.

Originally i heard they cost around $600-700 per test but was told cost has come down significantly. 

In MY, Pantai is charging RM700, so should be $300-400 in SG after profiteering by private players here. 

Don't think you can go polyclinic and ask for a test if you are well.  Why you want to be tested? 

Kiasu Kiasi. :XD:

No la, sometimes asymptomatic so if discover early, can isolate myself from my parents as staying with them.  

• Praise 3

I hope everyone can get this test kit soon and test can be done more easily.

Sorry, I hate this guy too but this is the only video I can find talking about the 10 mins Rapid test by Biolidics. 

A more detailed read if you are keen.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/local-firm-develops-rapid-test-kit-can-detect-covid-19-less-10-minutes

Edited by Fcw75
  • Haha! 1

1 hour ago, Fcw75 said:

Partially right. Even without the certificate, they still can go back except that they have to accept the mandatory 14 days quarantine, once they step into Malaysia. 

If they have no symptoms, we are not obligated to do the swab test to certify that they are clean for free. The Malaysians have to pay out of their own pocket if they want the certificate. 

The thing is, will we enforce mandatory Covid-19 checks on all Malaysians and foreigners coming back here for work once the whole thing is under control? Or we allow free flow of foreigners again like the 300k Malaysian workers whom rushed in unchecked as they did on the 17 March? 

Million dollar question to the Pappies. To spend the medical resources now and reject at least 20% of foreigners coming in (assuming 2 out of 10 coming back are infected), OR continue to let them in unchecked pretending there is no risk at all to keep the music going ? 

For once, we have to pay the price for our reliance on foreigners. 

Edited by Lethalstrike
  • Praise 1

Just now, Lethalstrike said:

Partially right. Even without the certificate, they still can go back except that they have to accept the mandatory 14 days quarantine, once they step into Malaysia. 

If they have no symptoms, we are not obligated to do the swab test to certify that they are clean for free. The Malaysians have to pay out of their own pocket if they want the certificate. 

The thing is, will we enforce mandatory Covid-19 checks on all Malaysians and foreigners coming back here for work once the whole thing is under control? Or we allow free flow of foreigners again like the 300k Malaysian workers whom rushed in unchecked as they did on the 23 March? 

Million dollar question to the Pappies. To spend the medical resources now and reject at least 20% of foreigners coming in (assuming 2 out of 10 coming back are infected), OR continue to let them in unchecked pretending there is no risk at all to keep the music going ? 

For once, we have to pay the price for our reliance on foreigners. 

Well said bro.

Many things that the govt did just for the economy are coming back to bite them....hard.

Ok, I am captain hindsight too. Cheers!

• Praise 1

8 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

Sorry, I hate this guy too but this is the only video I can find talking about the 10 mins Rapid test by Biolidics. 

This is a blood RAPID TEST KIT.  A positive results means that you have COVID19 antibody.  It is NOT advisable to use NOW.

It is better to wait for Antigen Rapid Test Kit.

44 minutes ago, Fcw75 said:

I think turboflat told you that individual can't walk in to get a swab test unless suspected case.

Turbocharged
3 hours ago, 13177 said:

Since malaysia MCO has been extended to 28 apr, dont know how those malaysian are doing in sg, esp during the CB period where many work has stopped.

Plenty of other jobs available especially to replace those malaysians who opted to go home when the MCO was extended earlier, from 2 weeks to 1 full month. Problem is the paperwork, permits etc. but should have some govt initiative by now to ease this?

4 hours ago, Fcw75 said:

A more detailed read if you are keen.

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/local-firm-develops-rapid-test-kit-can-detect-covid-19-less-10-minutes

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businesstimes.com.sg/companies-markets/sgx-queries-biolidics-on-timing-of-disclosing-local-approval-for-its-covid-19-test%3famp

Read nicely nanjing vazyme

Twincharged

Lai Lai... Job offer again... Pls check with the company for legitimacy. I got this from my group so just reporting here. I don't work in singpost so don't ask me any questions. Pls report to mod to delete if found to be fake news. 

===========================

Hi all, 

SingPost is looking to hire 200 Postmen aka Mail Ambassador. Perm Job, preferably Singaporean.  
- Working Hours: Mon to Fri, 7.30am - 5.30pm
- Basic Salary: up to $2300, Diploma/Nitec holders may be paid higher with slightly diff profile.

Below is the Job Description:

*Mail Ambassador*
Singapore Post is transforming the ‘future of post’ and are looking to hire enthusiastic and passionate candidates who can partner with us in this journey. We deliver 3 million mail items across the island every single day and our dedicated teams make this possible. Join us as a Mail Ambassador and help us shape the new postal network. You will be responsible for delivering documents and packages to customers in a timely manner while providing excellent customer service. 

We are looking for candidates who:
•    Possess a valid class 2B/Class 3 licence
•    Have a friendly personality and enjoy meeting people
•    Have good communication skills to interact with customers, peers and supervisors effectively
•    Are proficient in Smartphone and Apps usage
•    Are physically fit and able to carry items ranging from 10-30kg

Prior delivery and customer service experience will be an advantage.

All interested can apply via [email protected]

• Praise 1

1 hour ago, Ysc3 said:

Lai Lai... Job offer again... Pls check with the company for legitimacy. I got this from my group so just reporting here. I don't work in singpost so don't ask me any questions. Pls report to mod to delete if found to be fake news. 

===========================

Hi all, 

SingPost is looking to hire 200 Postmen aka Mail Ambassador. Perm Job, preferably Singaporean.  
- Working Hours: Mon to Fri, 7.30am - 5.30pm
- Basic Salary: up to $2300, Diploma/Nitec holders may be paid higher with slightly diff profile.

Below is the Job Description:

*Mail Ambassador*
Singapore Post is transforming the ‘future of post’ and are looking to hire enthusiastic and passionate candidates who can partner with us in this journey. We deliver 3 million mail items across the island every single day and our dedicated teams make this possible. Join us as a Mail Ambassador and help us shape the new postal network. You will be responsible for delivering documents and packages to customers in a timely manner while providing excellent customer service. 

We are looking for candidates who:
•    Possess a valid class 2B/Class 3 licence
•    Have a friendly personality and enjoy meeting people
•    Have good communication skills to interact with customers, peers and supervisors effectively
•    Are proficient in Smartphone and Apps usage
•    Are physically fit and able to carry items ranging from 10-30kg

Prior delivery and customer service experience will be an advantage.

All interested can apply via [email protected]

Wow, pay is not bad.

Twincharged
4 minutes ago, Adrianli said:

Wow, pay is not bad.

If real, it should be a good start for any hardworking person looking for a job now. 

Hypersonic

The word UP TO is often very misleading, same with FROM.

Postman now also got atas name Mail Ambassdor.

Anyway, thanks for sharing. 👍

↡ Advertisement